Community MetaSteam | October - The size of this adventure is spooky

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!

Big thanks for taking part in those monthly threads!
Huge hugs for all of you there.

Metaphor: ReFantazio

From the creative minds behind Persona 3, 4, and 5 comes Metaphor: ReFantazio, a unique fantasy world, where your protagonist will journey alongside his fairy companion, Gallica, to lift the curse from the kingdom’s lost prince. Control your destiny, face your fears and awaken magical "Archetype" powers that lie dormant in your heart. By awakening to an “Archetype,” you will unlock the power to channel and combine the abilities of unique job classes. Strengthen your bonds and build your party to take down powerful foes and discover the kingdom’s true nature.

Europa

On the moon Europa, a lush terraformed paradise in Jupiter’s shadow, an android named Zee sets out in search of answers. Run, glide and fly across the landscape, solve mysteries in the ruins of a fallen utopia, and discover the story of the last human alive.

Europa is a peaceful game of adventure, exploration and meditation. As you travel you’ll gradually upgrade the capabilities of your Zephyr jetpack, boosting yourself further through the air until you can flow freely into the sky.

Unknown 9: Awakening

You are Haroona, a Quaestor born with the ability to venture into a mysterious dimension that overlaps our own, known only as the Fold. On her quest for powerful hidden knowledge, Haroona will learn to master her unique connection to the Fold, which allows her to channel its powers into our world... But such power does not go unnoticed and Haroona quickly becomes the target of a splinter faction calling themselves the Ascendants, who want to use the Fold to alter the course of human history.

A Quiet Place: The Road Ahead

A Quiet Place: The Road Ahead is a single-player horror adventure game inspired by the critically acclaimed blockbuster movie franchise that highlights a unique survivor story after an invasion of deadly creatures. In this exclusive spin-off, experience the journey of a young woman who must endure a treacherous apocalypse in the midst of interpersonal family conflicts, all while coming to terms with her own inner fears.

Neva

Neva is an emotionally-charged action adventure from the visionary team behind the critically acclaimed GRIS.

Neva chronicles the story of Alba, a young woman bound to a curious wolf cub following a traumatic encounter with dark forces. Together they embark on a perilous journey through a once-beautiful world as it slowly decays around them.

Over time, their relationship will evolve as they learn to work together, helping one another to brave increasingly dangerous situations. The wolf will grow from a rebellious cub to an imposing adult seeking to forge her own identity, testing Alba’s love and their commitment to one another.

As the cursed world threatens to overwhelm them, Alba and her courageous companion will do whatever it takes to survive and make a new home, together.

Silent Hill 2

Having received a letter from his deceased wife,
James heads to where they shared so many memories,
in the hope of seeing her one more time: Silent Hill.
There, by the lake, he finds a woman eerily similar to her...

"My name… is Maria," the woman smiles. Her face, her voice... She's just like her.

Experience a master-class in psychological horror―lauded as the best in the series―on the latest hardware with chilling visuals and visceral sounds.

Shin chan: Shiro and the Coal Town

The Nohara family is headed to Akita Prefecture!

Hiroshi is suddenly given an job assignment near his hometown in Akita.
So the Nohara family make their way to a small village near Hiroshi’s parents’ home and rent out a traditional Japanese farmhouse.
Nestled in this tranquil rural landscape, they begin their carefree and quiet life in the countryside.

Romancing SaGa 2: Revenge of the Seven

Save Your Empire. Defend Your Legacy.

Romancing SaGa 2: Revenge of the Seven is a full remake of the groundbreaking non-linear RPG Romancing SaGa 2, which originally launched in Japan in 1993.
Embark on an adventure featuring both new and classic SaGa franchise features, complete with Japanese and English voiceovers, original and rearranged compositions, and much more! This is an ideal entry point for new players and provides an amped-up experience for longtime fans.

SWORD ART ONLINE Fractured Daydream

SWORD ART ONLINE Fractured Daydream is an exciting new start as we depart from the 10th anniversary of the SWORD ART ONLINE game series!

Galaxia, a new system allowing players to relive the past, has been added to ALfheim Online; however, Galaxia spins out of control causing players from all over time and space to be displaced! To set the timeline back on track, Kirito must work with fallen friends...and foes.

DRAGON BALL: Sparking! ZERO

DRAGON BALL: Sparking! ZERO takes the legendary gameplay of the Budokai Tenkaichi series and raises it to whole new levels. Become a super warrior and experience the earth-shaking, limit-breaking power of DRAGON BALL battles!

THE BIGGEST ROSTER IN HISTORY
Unleash the strength of over 180 fighters from DRAGON BALL Z, DRAGON BALL Super, DRAGON BALL GT, and selected DRAGON BALL movies, all in the base game! Each character comes with their own signature abilities, transformations, and techniques.

Make the destructive power of the strongest fighters ever to appear in DRAGON BALL yours!

THRONE AND LIBERTY

Welcome to THRONE AND LIBERTY, a free-to-play MMORPG that takes place in the vast open world of Solisium. You can scale expansive mountain ranges for new vantage points, scan open skies, traverse sprawling plains, explore a land full of depth and opportunity. Adapt your fight to survive and thrive through strategic decisions in PvP, PvE or both as you encounter evolving battlefields impacted by weather, time of day, and other players. There is no single path to victory as you seek to defeat Kazar and claim the throne while keeping rival guilds at bay.

SONIC X SHADOW GENERATIONS

Shadow the Hedgehog is back with Classic and Modern Sonic in SONIC X SHADOW GENERATIONS, an all-new collection featuring two unique experiences!

Play as Shadow in a brand-new story campaign featuring never-before-seen abilities that prove why he’s known as the Ultimate Life Form! Speed through iconic stages from Shadow’s history, discover hidden secrets in an expansive hub world, and unlock new powers to take on Black Doom and save the world.

SONIC X SHADOW GENERATIONS also includes a complete remaster of the highly acclaimed SONIC GENERATIONS, a time-traveling adventure featuring a greatest-hits collection of 3D and 2D Sonic stages, now with upgraded visuals and new bonus content.

Until Dawn

When eight friends return to the isolated lodge where two of their group vanished a year prior, fear tightens its icy grip, and their mountain retreat descends into a nightmare with no escape.
Face your fears and determine who survives Until Dawn in this seminal horror classic, rebuilt and enhanced for PC.

Immerse yourself in a gripping slasher horror rebuilt from the ground up with stunning visuals in Unreal Engine 5. Enhanced by movie-like cinematography, refined gameplay mechanics and more, venture into a thrilling exploration of an isolated mountain where nothing is as it seems.

Wizard of Legend 2

In an age of myth and magic, ambitious wizards from around the world have assembled to undertake the perilous Trials of Legend in the Floating Lands. Many will try. Most will fail. Only those who have truly mastered the chaotic, shifting elemental forces of Arcana will become a Wizard of Legend!

Prepare to face an all-new series of unpredictably perilous trials in Wizard of Legend 2*—the action-packed follow-up to the acclaimed dungeon-delving original, featuring vibrant new 3D visuals and fast-paced 2-player online co-op (with up to 4-player co-op at full launch). Wield familiar and new Arcana, experiment with devious new spell combinations, and seek immortality as you return again and again (and again) to master ever-changing rogue-lite challenges.

No More Room in Hell 2

No More Room in Hell 2 is an intense & terrifying permadeath co-op journey into the eerie darkness of zombie-infested zones. As an emergency responder you must survive, scavenge, stockpile and fulfill your mission - then repeat, each time in an ever-changing experience.

Ys X: Nordics

Embark on a high seas adventure rich with action and exploration in Ys X: Nordics! Experience the perils of Obelia Gulf through the eyes of Adol Christin and his unexpected ally, the pirate Karja Balta, as they help save the people of the gulf from the mysterious immortal monsters known as the Griegr.

Two Heroes, One Story: Bound by unexpected circumstances, the young adventurer Adol and the Norman pirate Karja must work together to determine the fate of Obelia Gulf and its people.

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the tags ("Hide until reacted" in the toolbar) or use our wonderful bot Mona (thanks Valdien)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
I guess I'll post this here as well since the last thread was locked right after I posted it:

Yves Guillemot pointed out in an internal memo that Star Wars Outlaws’ initial sales “proved softer than expected,” with Guillemot pointing out that critics rated the game 76 out of 100 on Metacritic (I think it’s important to note that the user score is far lower at a 5.4 out of 10, too). Although I wasn’t given the figure on what Ubisoft anticipated Outlaws to sell within its first month, the game has just surpassed 1 million units sold at the time of writing. Its performance has seemingly caused alarm bells to ring at HQ, which not only led to the approval of Assassin’s Creed Shadows being delayed to Q1 2025 but to finally putting games back on Steam (a request that every Ubisoft team has been pushing for years).

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I never played an Ys game but Nordics is really appealing to me.

I love The Quiet Place movies and had no idea there's a game coming out.

As for Metaphor, the pacing in the first few hours is such a ridiculous improvement over the Persona games. Technical issues aside, this is gonna be one hell of a game.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
Thanks for the new thread Mor. Also no bias or anything but that's a great game to pick as the highlighted image .

I believe DB:SZ and Metaphor for me. I also believe that Streets of Rogue 2 comes out in early access this month as well. Hopefully I don't get tempted to get any more games after those 3.

• Comfy

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Curious about few of the games this month.
Not necessarily interested in playing all of them but very curious how they do.
Like I don't think I'm going to play Silent Hill 2 remake, but I'm certainly curious about it.

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
Updated the upcoming JRPG list.

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
lots of stuff this month i'm at least sort of interested in but I really want to finish Trails through Daybreak before Path of Exile 2 comes out in November so i'll just be doing that

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I guess I'll post this here as well since the last thread was locked right after I posted it:

This month is seriously packed, I can see at least 4 titles with some high peak potential

Also the article CommodoreKong posted in the previous thread is worth a repost

edit: ops too late
Reviews do matter.

Outside of COD you aren't gonna find many full price 7 out of 10 AAA games that sell a lot.

You need be an 8 out of 10 at least. Preferably an 8.5 if you want really good sales legs

And Star Wars doesn't really carry that big box office brand anymore. Its been played out and Disney has milked that cow so much. You are gonna have an even harder time selling non lightsaber shit to casual audiences too.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Hell yeah good thread as always Mor .

Metaphor looking good, might wait a bit to see if they fix some of the technical issues with the port. And plus it will help me get through the end of Trails into Daybreak (haha, I'm in danger).

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik and edin

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019

It seems odd that a game that sold 800k copies in the first couple of days only managed to sell another 200k in the next 4 weeks. Anyway Ubisoft has admitted that it's a bomba so the specific numbers don't matter much. One sentiment I've seen online from people who actually liked the game is that they're hoping the game will do well/better on Steam. They seem to think Steam is a different market when in reality, it's just a bigger market. The late release of a AAA game that has bombed on every other platform isn't magically going to do big numbers on Steam. It's kind of the reverse of when people could see that Concord was bombing on PC because of public CCU numbers but insisted that it was doing fine on consoles. In reality, PC and console gamers share fairly similar tastes. You can make the argument that specific genres will skew heavily in one direction or the other but that does not apply to these mass market targeted products.

The turn based RPG sale is going to be dangerous for my wallet. Lots of old/retro looking RPGs that I've had my eye on have gone on sale at once.

On another note, a few days ago I had a dream that Bethesda patched vehicles into the first 4 Elder Scrolls games(??!) and that I was driving around Morrowind in some sort of vehicle. And even in the dream I knew this was not real... instead I was marveling my own ability to remember the Morrowind map so well. So weird.

• Toucan
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD and QFNS
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Not even a launch discount (although it should be expected) for a late port. Sasuga SpikeChun. :flare_pout:
If Natsu-mon is something to consider, a discount will happen less than a month after release, so...

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
If Natsu-mon is something to consider, a discount will happen less than a month after release, so...
Even Natsu-mon was launched with 10% discount. But yeah, I see what you mean.

Personally, I'd pay any price for a Millennium Kitchen game on Steam. I mean, it's Kaz Ayabe. Absolute Cinema and all that.

Reactions: Mor and edin

einstellung

Dec 31, 2018
15 hours in one day with Frostpunk, I'm gonna dream with this game.
I did this too when I first played Frostpunk. Tried it out on game pass. My eyes were wide for hours. Then I shut the game off. I opened Steam and bought it immediately without a second thought and kept playing it.

I burned out so hard on that game, I couldn't convinced myself to play the expansion over a year later. I don't play city builders, but FP devoured my entire being for a while. But I left it behind, forgotten. Frozen alongside the village children ice cubes.

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
Uh... is RainCode any good? :kissing-face:

I do want to support Spike Chunsoft on Steam (and the Danganronpa team), but the Steam reviews look kind of uneven...
Haven't played it and Danganronpa V3 yet, so honestly I don't know... The only thing that I am aware of is that Shinigami is popular among Japanese fans lol.

• Comfy
Reactions: hersheyfan

edin

Coffee, Controllers, etc
Sep 30, 2024

I do want to support Spike Chunsoft on Steam (and the Danganronpa team), but the Steam reviews look kind of uneven...
Did not have access to the English build on PC before today, but what I played on Switch last year was good with great music and nice visuals (some gameplay bits are annoying) but needed a director's cut style change/enhanced release rather than just a complete bundle. It definitely looks and runs massively better with the Plus release given the platforms. I played a few hours on PS5 and Xbox but decided to wait to see how it feels on Deck at launch before going into it fully. Plus busy month etc.

• Comfy
Reactions: hersheyfan and Kvik

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Also out at the end of this month:

Im so ready for this mosh pit, shakah brah.
But with Silent Hill 2 and Metaphor i'll be already so busy this expensive month

I also really wanna Play Frostpunk 2, but that one's gotta wait i fear
:h02exhaust:

It's awful, a disappointment on any level coming off Danganronpa.