Community MetaSteam | October - The size of this adventure is spooky

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
TL;DR - Bad regional pricing will drive away customers and revenue unless publishers wisen up.

Could we stop linking to twitter? Here's the same thread in Bluesky (and maybe there is a Threads or Mastodon version too, no idea)

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I already had on easy haha! I even had the level scaling at light, which was supposed make it so I could over level a little bit, but it didn't, all outposts were the same level as me, and as you say everything just became damage sponges.
The level scaling in both Odyssey and Origins is kind of shit yeah.
In Odyssey I ended up doing a lot of bow and arrow stuff and some of those abilities were very key to my survival. For melee I found that status effects like flame and poison were pretty strong overall.

• Eyes
Reactions: Le Pertti

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
So seeing this I wonder which games we will see first on PC: GTA VI or Ghost of Yotei? My money is on Ghost of Yotei for sure.

And now that I'm here speculating. When do you guys think FFVII Rebirth will launch on Steam?

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
So seeing this I wonder which games we will see first on PC: GTA VI or Ghost of Yotei? My money is on Ghost of Yotei for sure.

And now that I'm here speculating. When do you guys think FFVII Rebirth will launch on Steam?
Some time in 2025 surely, probably summer or early fall like FFXVI if I had to guess. I don't think Square is competent enough to push out a port sooner. I still can't believe Sony paid them for three months of exclusivity and Square gave them an extra year for free because of their utter incompetence and poor business planning.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018

GTA VI will be out before GoY.

• Toucan
Reactions: Lashley

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
My new PC came with One Drive enabled... Holy shit that piece of garbage should be considered malware. I thought it was backing up my Documents/Pictures but it's actually copying them to the cloud, and treating the cloud copy as the master copy. So when I told it to stop syncing those folders, it deleted them off my PC(including my save games!)! I was able to download them manually and put them back, but still... In what reality does that make sense?

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
My new PC came with One Drive enabled... Holy shit that piece of garbage should be considered malware. I thought it was backing up my Documents/Pictures but it's actually copying them to the cloud, and treating the cloud copy as the master copy. So when I told it to stop syncing those folders, it deleted them off my PC(including my save games!)! I was able to download them manually and put them back, but still... In what reality does that make sense?
iCloud does the same, but it is something one has to opt in. A setting to save space on one’s computer. For photos I do prefer that but for files it’s a pain, like opening goody to work on a project it always has to start downloading files. Thankfully j have moved files to a dedicated drive. But generally it’s nice to have some files available everywhere .

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
iCloud does the same, but it is something one has to opt in. A setting to save space on one’s computer. For photos I do prefer that but for files it’s a pain, like opening goody to work on a project it always has to start downloading files. Thankfully j have moved files to a dedicated drive. But generally it’s nice to have some files available everywhere .
Yeah, I do that with my photos on my phone. I guess this is a case of me not really knowing what it was doing... but like, it was syncing my desktop! So even my shortcuts all got deleted when I unsynced. So weird.

• Sweating
Reactions: Le Pertti

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Italy
Some time in 2025 surely, probably summer or early fall like FFXVI if I had to guess. I don't think Square is competent enough to push out a port sooner. I still can't believe Sony paid them for three months of exclusivity and Square gave them an extra year for free because of their utter incompetence and poor business planning.
I'm convinced that, deep inside, Square was hoping for an "extension" like what happened with Intergrade. If the 3 months represented how much Sony was willing to spend on Rebirth's exclusivity, then Square was hoping the positive reception followed by great sales would have "scared" Sony into extending it with a "Rebirth Intergrade" especially since this year wasn't supposed to have many big sellers (I think XVI had a similar idea behind it). And if Sony wasn't interested, then maybe Epic, Microsoft, or even Nintendo (Switch 2) could have been interested in it. After all, Rebirth is a GOTY condenter with a very high metacritic score. It was a surefire hit
But alas, Rebirth didn't do so hot, and this means it also didn't sell many consoles, meaning Sony has no reason to write any more checks to Square. I can see how Square believed so much in this idea they never started the PC port until months passed after the exclusivity window ended. And after summer came it also became obvious Epic, Microsoft and Nintendo weren't willing to spend too much on a game that couldn't break 3 millions
Well, they gave up with XVI, they will most likely give up with Rebirth too. And that's when the pc port will finally enter into production

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019
OneDrive is rather a digital external drive that "houses" whatever you put into it, so yes whatever is on there it's a "master".
Mind you, it "houses" them because they still gotta be on your PC to be used, so yeah it functions as a backup as well if something happens to your PC, just keep in mind there's no duplicate, unless you duplicate the file and upload the copy.

You can even free up drive space by telling it to house the files on the cloud only and download them only when necessary (i.e. you gotta open that xlsx file).

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
OneDrive is rather a digital external drive that "houses" whatever you put into it, so yes whatever is on there it's a "master".
Mind you, it "houses" them because they still gotta be on your PC to be used, so yeah it functions as a backup as well if something happens to your PC, just keep in mind there's no duplicate, unless you duplicate the file and upload the copy.

You can even free up drive space by telling it to house the files on the cloud only and download them only when necessary (i.e. you gotta open that xlsx file).
Now I know what my parents felt like 20 years ago!

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Is there any downside to play RE HD Remaster in 60fps? I recall some musings about the game feeling 'wrong' due to game speed.

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
Is there any downside to play RE HD Remaster in 60fps? I recall some musings about the game feeling 'wrong' due to game speed.
I remember that before we got the native PC ports the emulated version of Remake and Zero would run like a twice speed if you played them at 60fps on dolphin. I don't think that's the case for the Steam versions, you can just play them at 60fps no problem.

Reactions: NarohDethan

didamangi

Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit.
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
None. But set the frame rate to variable, 60 or 30 option tied the game speed to the framerate while variable doesn't.

I'm recommending this mod as well:

Also this if you don't want to waste your time watching the door animations.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
None. But set the frame rate to variable, 60 or 30 option tied the game speed to the framerate while variable doesn't.

I'm recommending this mod as well:

Also this if you don't want to waste your time watching the door animations.
Thanks!

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
One other thing. There is a bug that massively increases the internal resolution and will take load on your GPU. Check for pcgamingwiki and Steam Guides for fixes

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
"On Tuesday, October 22nd at 8pm, we will be premiering the final episode of "Masahiro Sakurai's Game Making"!!
It will take about 40 minutes.
What are we talking about?

If you have time, please watch it in real time!"

Reactions: Arc and NarohDethan

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Seeing that you need to reunlock all archetypes through story and social link progress, im gonna spare myself new game+ for metaphor.
Don't understand why they did that, in SMT/Persona games you also get to keep access on new game+

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Seeing that you need to reunlock all archetypes through story and social link progress, im gonna spare myself new game+ for metaphor.
Don't understand why they did that, in SMT/Persona games you also get to keep access on new game+
How long did it take you to finish, and did you aim to get all social links and quests?

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
How long did it take you to finish, and did you aim to get all social links and quests?
I did absolutely everything except for the New Game+ exclusive boss and looking for all the gold beatles.
63 hours according to Steam, 55 according to the savefile.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I did absolutely everything except for the New Game+ exclusive boss and looking for all the gold beatles.
63 hours according to Steam, 55 according to the savefile.
Damn, that's efficient. I'm currently on the trip to the Virga Islands, and at around 50 hours according to in-game tracker. I am pretty sure I will take twice as long as you did.