Community MetaSteam | October - The size of this adventure is spooky

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

That's a nice milestone to reach

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
I know it's Tyler McViker, but his latest video mentioned Valve hiring devs from Rockstar, Naughty Dog, id and so on and I don't know if they would be happy working on skins.
Just from data mining Source 2 game updates we know Valve is working on a new Half Life game. That, with the hiring of said devs makes it seem like Valve has a pretty big push internally to get a new Half Life out, which is great.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I assume people see the lower price and get suspicious of the quality? Like cheap = bad or poor in quality?
Years ago, this is one of the reasons why indie devs were saying to price games higher than $10-$15 since others would view the game as low quality and a cash grab. It's sad that people view lower price tag with lower quality.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Years ago, this is one of the reasons why indie devs were saying to price games higher than $10-$15 since others would view the game as low quality and a cash grab.
This also backfires because once in a while a Stardew or Terraria or Hollow Knight appears and then for the next 8 years people wonder why they should pay $30 or $40 when that game is $15...

It's also a bit sad that they have to justify the price by saying the game is 30-60 hours long. When you get older you will value your time far more than money. For me personally, I would have been more interested if they had said it's a 20 hour game than a 30 hour one.