Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
It finally happened! I'm no longer homeless!:D Moved into a super shitty social housing that is temporary but man does it feel good to have an own place.:D AND I have access to the city wide free wifi from my apartment!:D Not sure just how fast it is but nonetheless super sweet!
Congratulations Monooboe ! Hopefully things only improve from here on out.
You know what sucks? Boss battles in the middle of a bridge where if you fall you die. Want to make it suck even more? Add another boss so you are surrounded and your movement is limited as fuck. Looking at you Ixillis :minos_angry:
Sure, but you know what rocks?
Was going to ask you what game you're talking about but googling that peculiar name reveals it. Guess it's truly souls-like if it has bosses that makes you lose it :LOL:
What's a better purchase NNKII or Vampyr? Have an interest in both but reaction seems mixed in both cases.
I enjoyed both a lot, but I loved Ni No Kuni II way, way more. They're quite different experiences though so go with whatever you're in the mood for. Also since the first Ni No Kuni is releasing soon you might want to start with that one before the sequel, so I'd go with Vampyr right now between these two.

Last edited:

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
BO7AMMOOD Remember Me has an amazing everything aside from gameplay in my view. Story, setting, atmosphere, art-style, music are all top-banana but the gameplay and controls let it down for me. I'm still glad i bought it and over the moon that the studio are doing so well now-a-days but if you ever want to play a game where you are pining to go beyond the bounds and explore the environment available to you then Remember Me is close to the top of the list.

... but you can't :(
Thanks for your thoughts EdwardTivrusky . I always had my eye on it because, as you said, everything about its presentation seems great and as for the gameplay, It looks like it's influenced by Arkham's, which I absolutely love, so even that part seems intriguing to me. I had completely forgotten about it actually so I guess that's one more game to add to the list of games to play soon. Maybe in December when companies calm the fuck down with the releases :LOL:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
And that concludes Danganronpa 2. Another wild ride :blob_asweaty:
Especially the last 2 chapters. Twists left and right. Funnily enough, I suspected this being a sorta VR world right from the beginning, but having that confirmed and with everything surrounding it, whew. My favorites were probably Nagito and Chiaki. With the Epilogue I suspect Nagito at least will stay around, I hope they find a way for Chiaki too.

How long is the Danganronpa IF extra?

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Sure, but you know what rocks?
Was going to ask you what game you're talking about but googling that peculiar name reveals it. Guess it's truly souls-like if it has bosses that makes you lose it :LOL:
Yup. Some bosses are pretty interesting to battle but others are straight bullshit. Still, super solid game, and very much recommended.

Can't wait to start FF13-2, have been listening to some bits of the OST and its just too good

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
nothing of value was lost tbqh

edit: in fact this might be good news simply due to the fact that the money spent greasing 2k's and/or rockstar's palms won't be used on something good.

edit #2: thinking about it a little bit, this looks like it's 2k using the same tactics ubisoft used earlier to entice people to use their launcher rather than steam or any other 3rd party launcher to play their games and buy their microtransactions. On gta5., Valve also gets 30% for every ingame purchase right?

Last edited:

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
Yup. Some bosses are pretty interesting to battle but others are straight bullshit. Still, super solid game, and very much recommended.

Can't wait to start FF13-2, have been listening to some bits of the OST and its just too good
Does it play better in Co-Op or is it completely viable solo? I almost exclusively play solo these days.
I don't really mind that some people don't particularly like those games, opinions and all that, but the moment they start dissing the soundtrack is the moment they really start to lose me. The soundtracks to the XIII trilogy are absolutely sublime no questions whatsoever!

Reactions: MJunioR

Deleted member 113

Has there been any news about a PC release of The Ninja Saviors: Return of the Warriors?

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
lashman Could you add me to the monthly challenge completions? I suffered played through Dark Souls II SOTFS after 3 attempts and 3 years and finally finished it.

Started on September 2nd and finished today September 7th. Only took an all nighter to do it. Now I just gotta do Dark Souls 1 and ill have the whole trilogy completed.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Does it play better in Co-Op or is it completely viable solo? I almost exclusively play solo these days.
I don't really mind that some people don't particularly like those games, opinions and all that, but the moment they start dissing the soundtrack is the moment they really start to lose me. The soundtracks to the XIII trilogy are absolutely sublime no questions whatsoever!
I only played solo so can't say much about coop. I had a quite rough start and wasn't feeling it early in the game, but things start getting better fairly quick once you get your equipment upgrades rolling.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
I only played solo so can't say much about coop. I had a quite rough start and wasn't feeling it early in the game, but things start getting better fairly quick once you get your equipment upgrades rolling.
Doesn't seem too different than my limited experience with souls-like games then. This game blew up out of nowhere it seems. I surely don't remember hearing a lot about it prior to its release!
Remember me looks like my jam but it is one of those games I have a bad memory associated with it. When I first started playing it I had a terrible cold/flu bout, felt like shit with fever and whatnot
Yeah I had something similar happen to me while I was playing Persona 4 Golden unfortunately and I stopped playing it cold turkey. It's been more than 5 years since that happened and I still don't feel like restarting it, since no chance am I jumping back in into my 70 hour save after all this time! It's such a shame too because I was enjoying it immensely and I remember feeling like I was playing one of the greatest JRPGS of all time, and I've played my decent share of them!

Last edited:
Reactions: PC-tan and MJunioR

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
lashman
Started on September 2nd and finished today September 7th. Only took an all nighter to do it. Now I just gotta do Dark Souls 1 and ill have the whole trilogy completed.
That's some serious dedication right there. I've played DS2 SOTFS for what seems like endless hours, and I haven't even gathered all the large souls or whatever they call the bosses. I'm perhaps halfway through?

In fact, I've started all the three Souls games and not finished any of them...

Reactions: Arsene

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
Slay the Spire and Squad were on my wishlist so the monthly was worth it for the early unlocks alone. But then the absolute madmen gave me 3 more games on my wishlist with the regular unlocks.

This monthly was a success.
Ditto. Didn't own a single game from this bundle though I came super close multiple times the past few months to pulling the trigger on Guacamelee 2. Pretty glad to have held off!
Since I no longer get dinner at the shelter and had to make my own dinner... I "make" a baguette with blue cheese and a beer haha! Need to learn how to cook again.
Mmmmmm
blue cheese
i love blue cheese :photoblobheart:

Last edited:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
That's some serious dedication right there. I've played DS2 SOTFS for what seems like endless hours, and I haven't even gathered all the large souls or whatever they call the bosses. I'm perhaps halfway through?

In fact, I've started all the three Souls games and not finished any of them...
I wouldn’t really call it dedication. I pretty much cut corners constantly lol.

I unlocked all the covenants, did most of the optional bosses (I plan on going back and doing the rest alongside the DLC.) But skipped brightstone because the Shrine of Winter can be opened if you have 1m soul memory. I missed out on a bunch of side content because a lot of it requires Brightstone but fuck them spiders.

I also skipped Dragon Aerie and never fought the boss in Dragon Shrine (he gives you the story item you need if you talk to him instead of attacking), after that I only completed 1 of the memories then went straight to the final boss. I pretty much rushed the last act of the game in 3 hours :p

Also I played the first 30-40% of the game with friends so the extra xp I got from helping them pretty much made me significantly overleveled when I went to play on my own so it wasnt that hard aside from some areas (Fuck you Iron Keep). Took me 24 hours according to the game.

When I played DS3 for the first time I did everything I could. All the covenants, all the bosses, got the “secret” ending, maxed out the estus shard, did most of the sidequests, explored all the areas, and did both dlc’s. But DS2 was pissing me off so much I just wanted to get to the ending so i could stop playing by the last act.

Last edited:
Reactions: xinek

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I wouldn’t really call it dedication. I pretty much cut corners constantly lol.

I unlocked all the covenants, did most of the optional bosses (I plan on going back and doing the rest alongside the DLC.) But skipped brightstone because the Shrine of Winter can be opened if you have 1m soul memory. I missed out on a bunch of side content because a lot of it requires Brightstone but fuck them spiders.

I also skipped Dragon Aerie and never fought the boss in Dragon Shrine (he gives you the story item you need if you talk to him instead of attacking), after that I only completed 1 of the memories then went straight to the final boss. I pretty much rushed the last act of the game in 3 hours :p

Also I played the first 30-40% of the game with friends so the extra xp I got from helping them pretty much made me significantly overleveled when I went to play on my own so it wasnt that hard aside from some areas (Fuck you Iron Keep). Took me 24 hours according to the game.

When I played DS3 for the first time I did everything I could. All the covenants, all the bosses, got the “secret” ending, maxed out the estus shard, did most of the sidequests, explored all the areas, and did both dlc’s. But DS2 was pissing me off so much I just wanted to get to the ending so i could stop playing by the last act.
Did you play the DLC areas?

They are extremely good.

Reactions: Arsene

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
And that concludes Danganronpa 2. Another wild ride :blob_asweaty:
Especially the last 2 chapters. Twists left and right. Funnily enough, I suspected this being a sorta VR world right from the beginning, but having that confirmed and with everything surrounding it, whew. My favorites were probably Nagito and Chiaki. With the Epilogue I suspect Nagito at least will stay around, I hope they find a way for Chiaki too.

How long is the Danganronpa IF extra?
I called that twist from the very beginning since the games prologue had a bunch of fake glitches.

3 hours, maybe 5? Depending on your reading speed.

Don't forget that the Sequel to Danganronpa 2 is NOT Danganronpa V3 the game, but Danganronpa 3 the Anime

Reactions: Ascheroth

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Gears 5 is probably the buggiest linear game I've ever played that wasn't from a low budget studio. Lots of hitching, crashes, AI teammates not moving or standing in a doorway and blocking me, infinite saving glitches, 5+ minute load times to lobby, collectibles not registering or saving, losing 30+ minutes of progress due to some of these errors, side quests getting stuck and not letting me finish them OR leave the area on the skiff.

I'm not being hyperbolic when I say I've played some Bethesda games that weren't as buggy as this. The lack of polish in this is unbelievable. I understand some issues are probably due to their servers exploding but here's the thing I'm playing campaign and alone too so none of their issues should be affecting me. Stop connecting every facet of a game to your damn online servers publishers.

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
So something that I will attempt to do is talk to my former college counselor and ask her about going back to college and stuff that I should do to make sure that this time I do not have issues. She is a nice person but some of the reason why I felt scared to talk to her was because I felt that I not only let myself down but also her down in all of this.

PS I think I have spent maybe an hour or so writing all of this down, so I would not mind hearing some peoples opinions on these matters
I mentioned this before when replying to an older post of yours but I'll mention it again. So many of the troubles that you went through are pretty similar to some that I experienced. Eerily similar in fact! If I had to say one thing, then I'll say this: Don't dwell over the past, it's not worth it and it will change absolutely nothing. For now, you seem to have your priorities straight: Getting back in college (This is super important imo), taking better care of yourself and cutting down on your expenses whenever possible. Keep focusing on these things and life will keep getting better and better hopefully. Good luck especially with getting back in college :thumbsupblob:

Reactions: Li Kao

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
Gears 5 is probably the buggiest linear game I've ever played that wasn't from a low budget studio. Lots of hitching, crashes, AI teammates not moving or standing in a doorway and blocking me, infinite saving glitches, 5+ minute load times to lobby, collectibles not registering or saving, losing 30+ minutes of progress due to some of these errors, side quests getting stuck and not letting me finish them OR leave the area on the skiff.

I'm not being hyperbolic when I say I've played some Bethesda games that weren't as buggy as this. The lack of polish in this is unbelievable. I understand some issues are probably due to their servers exploding but here's the thing I'm playing campaign and alone too so none of their issues should be affecting me. Stop connecting every facet of a game to your damn online servers publishers.
Damn that sucks to hear. I just started act 3 and I didn't have any problems whatsoever. Actually I feel like it's one of the better PC ports and I'm having such a blast. I almost feel bad for not paying anything with gamepass that I'm seriously considering shelling out 75 bucks for the steam version.

Most problems you listed are probably server related so sadly not much you can do. For the stuttering, do you play with dynamic resolution? You can turn it off in the settings under "Minimum Frame Rate". That in combination with limiting frames in RTSS fixed the stuttering completely for me. If you have a Nvidia card you could also wait until the 9th when the optimised Nvidia drivers go live and hope it that fixes your crashing problems.

Btw you can play as :timnator: in multiplayer.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
@lashman, feel free to add me to the Monthly challenge list. Just finished the lovely Ducktales Remastered!
@lashman Could you add me to the monthly challenge completions? I suffered played through Dark Souls II SOTFS after 3 attempts and 3 years and finally finished it.
done and done! :)

you know it, baby! :D

120% Spyro 1 last night and now onto Spyro 2, it is different, I think I like it more. Has some sort of metroidvania aspects with unlocking new abilities.
guess i gotta add you to The List™ now ;)

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Damn that sucks to hear. I just started act 3 and I didn't have any problems whatsoever. Actually I feel like it's one of the better PC ports and I'm having such a blast. I almost feel bad for not paying anything with gamepass that I'm seriously considering shelling out 75 bucks for the steam version.

Most problems you listed are probably server related so sadly not much you can do. For the stuttering, do you play with dynamic resolution? You can turn it off in the settings under "Minimum Frame Rate". That in combination with limiting frames in RTSS fixed the stuttering completely for me. If you have a Nvidia card you could also wait until the 9th when the optimised Nvidia drivers go live and hope it that fixes your crashing problems.

Btw you can play as :timnator: in multiplayer.
I'm playing this one on my X since it was supposed to be 4k/60. With all the issues I still hear about PC gamepass I'm trying everything I can to avoid using it for now though I plan on playing outer worlds on it.

That's another thing, the framerate is nowhere near a consistent 60 at least when you're on the skiff. I see drops and hitches all of the time on that thing but I suppose the combat sections are smooth enough which is what ultimately matters.

JMTHEFOX

Planning to Be a Game Designer
Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
New Borderlands 3 commercial made exclusively for Japan

Great to see 2k Japan actually make original commercials for the country for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.