Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

you get a new store/launcher ... and you get a new store/launcher ... everyone gets a new store/launcher!

Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
well they just announced the release date ... so if DARQ's case is anything to go by - Tim is in the process of sliding into their DMs right about now
We should be ok :

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
So what's the name of your shelf(s)?
  • Co-Op (Dynamic)
  • Favorites
  • What's next!

Coop is self explanatory, I play a lot of things every year togheter with my brother.
Favorites is full of multiplayer games that I play and also single-player games that I play at least every year. (Things like STALKER, Metro and such)
Also I've putted my favorites games such as pillars of eternity, trackmania and arma.
What's next it's basically a calendar, I've placed the games I want to play. Now for example I'm playing demonicon, after that I'll play FEAR, Timeshift, Star point Gemini 2. It's basically a reminder for the backlog.

I've not yet finished btw, yesterday I only tried the new tool (I find the update amazing) but I haven't still dived deep into it

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
According to my library I have 982 games.
According to the game collector showcase I have 949 games.
What's the difference?

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Is Battle Chasers worth for 5€ ? It was in my wishlist long ago, but I kept reading of people that felt the game was too long with all the battle animations you can't skip

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Please teach me how to put emulator inside Steam library.
Just about all emulators allow you to launch games by adding the rom/iso to the target in some form. So for instance, lets say you use Dolphin. Add Dolphin to Steam as a non-Steam game, then edit the target to include the location of the game right next to it: "C:\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe" "C:\Dolphin\ISO\game.iso" This should work for the PS2 and DS emulators as well.

Cemu (Wii U) is similar, but you just need to add a few commands: "C:\CEMU \Cemu.exe" -g "C:\CEMU\Games\game.rpx" -f

With RetroArch, you also have to include the core you want to use. It'll look like this: "C:\RetroArch\retroarch.exe" -L "cores\bsnes_performance_libretro.dll" "C:\SNES\rom.sfc" or you can just add Retroarch to Steam and use their front end. You should probably start there, so you can get your settings/cores right first.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Just about all emulators allow you to launch games by adding the rom/iso to the target in some form. So for instance, lets say you use Dolphin. Add Dolphin to Steam as a non-Steam game, then edit the target to include the location of the game right next to it: "C:\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe" "C:\Dolphin\ISO\game.iso" This should work for the PS2 and DS emulators as well.

Cemu (Wii U) is similar, but you just need to add a few commands: "C:\CEMU \Cemu.exe" -g "C:\CEMU\Games\game.rpx" -f

With RetroArch, you also have to include the core you want to use. It'll look like this: "C:\RetroArch\retroarch.exe" -L "cores\bsnes_performance_libretro.dll" "C:\SNES\rom.sfc" or you can just add Retroarch to Steam and use their front end. You should probably start there, so you can get your settings/cores right first.
Also, if you want to have multiple Retroarch shortcuts, you can always just copy the exe. I personally use the CRC32 of the ROM, this way I get tools like Gameplay Time Tracker to handle each ROM as a separate game..

Reactions: xinek

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

Okay thank you, I'll try later :thumbsupblob:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Nice:

I was slightly annoyed yesterday since most SEGA games had assets but SRR (despite being a rather recent release) did not.

It seems like over the past day at least 50 or so extra games in my library got new assets. I doubt it will continue at this rate but that's better than I expected. I guess the public release did cause some devs/publishers to finally get to it.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Nice:

I was slightly annoyed yesterday since most SEGA games had assets but SRR (despite being a rather recent release) did not.

It seems like over the past day at least 50 or so extra games in my library got new assets. I doubt it will continue at this rate but that's better than I expected. I guess the public release did cause some devs/publishers to finally get to it.
Yakuza Kiwami 2 not having proper assets while 0 and K1 have is kinda annoying too

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Nice:

It's like
"Lol it's Valve, this is never gonna release, don't need to spend time to update those assets- OH SHIT"

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Nice:

Seems like SEGA, Team17 and Take Two (2K in particular) added a bunch since yesterday

SEGA updated Sonic Lost World and All Stars Racing but not Forces or Racing Transformed though. Like W H Y

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Really liking the dialogue in AI so far

There's a surprising lot of humor and banter in the game so far.
Not like Uchikochi's past game didn't had any of that, but this game in the first few hours has an almost comedic tone to it.
WIsh i could just continue playing right now. :NotLikeDis:
At least i'll have a long weekend for it.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I’m still looking for impressions on AI about the supposedly graphic content. How graphic we talking
If you want to see:

In the context of eyeball removal i would call that pretty tame on the gore level

Reactions: Samson

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
It's September 18th.
That means it's one month until October 18th.
One month until we get a proper Digimon game on PC! (I say proper because the only one I'm aware of is that one MMO on Steam and I have no idea if that is any good).

Still no Digimon store page Bamco c'mon.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Okay that’s graphic but not quite as bad as I was thinking.

Maybe I’ll still get it while I’m traveling.

Have any of the reviews said how long the game is?
About 30-40 hours iirc, obviously depending a lot on your reading speed

Reactions: Samson

FunnyJay