Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
Is there some recent news or something that makes you think it will be super CPU heavy?
just random online speculation that min spec may be around 3.7ghz

I'm at 3.4ghz, quad-core
im considering scooping up a used 4790k prior to april; beats replacing my mobo and ram

Last edited:

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Speculation is just that.

Ghz alone has zero meaning.

It'skely to be much above something like The Witcher 3.

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
What's the point of a retail release, when all you get is a Steam code or a Steam installer and you have to download the whole thing anyway. It makes sense for nostalgia editions like the big box release of Ion Fury and such but that's about it imo.

I will miss retail console games though :D
That's true only for a handful of games, it's basically a problem that's been exaggerated during the years imo, I've almost 300 pc games on the shelves and I'm pretty sure that roughly 95% of them are usable even if Steam goes down one day. I always check what's inside the dvd and aside the D1 patches they are pretty much complete, out of the box.
Btw I understand your pov, as an owner of almost 2k games digitally I know that it's a niche thing. But still, more options to buy games won't harm anyone.

On another note, I've finished Blades of Time, pretty cool game for such a low budget title. A shame that we'll never see a sequel, the ending isn't that conclusive...
Now I've started Timeshift, I've already played it a couple of years ago (When i found it boxed, speaking of which :p) but I feel like it's the right time to do another playtrough on Steam, it's worth even if only to have some screenshots on the database.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I'm gonna be pissed if my CPU isn't powerful enough to handle Cyberpunk when Spring hits

Can't stop thinking about it now

/rant
I hope it is one of those games driven by art direction and not by raw power.

Because I don't want to buy another PC :toucan:

I mean I do but I probably will not be able to.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I've stopped worrying about CPU requirements. If my PC can't handle 60fps, I'll cap it at 45. If it's still not good enough, 30 is still fine. GPU requirements though, that's another story. I want the as best IQ as possible.

Speaking of, is 45fps actually a good cap for 60hz display? I definitely can see the difference between the 3 of them.

Reactions: NarohDethan

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I've stopped worrying about CPU requirements. If my PC can't handle 60fps, I'll cap it at 45. If it's still not good enough, 30 is still fine. GPU requirements though, that's another story. I want the as best IQ as possible.

Speaking of, is 45fps actually a good cap for 60hz display? I definitely can see the difference between the 3 of them.
I always thought it was either 30 or 60? 60 fps means one image every time screen refreshes and at 30 fps it shows same image for two refreshes, so at 45 fps it would either tear or something? That's why variable refresh rate is so good and why at first they targeted FPSes around 40.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Kingdom Come Deliverance still has many issues. My horse that I didn't have was stolen, and weather went from dark and rainy to a bright summer sun in the following FMV. Nothing game breaking, but still...

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
get this one instead:

Affinity Photo is nice and you can get 50% off codes quite regularly.
Hmm.. somewhat higher price tag than the bundle. Is this software a photo only editing software? Or can I use this for any image editing too?

Reactions: lashman

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
The way that the memories in Code Vein are presented is pretty cool

Also assuming I don't get lazy, later today I will be updating my resume (something that I have kept telling myself) because come Tuesday I will be applying to a new place that I was told about. I am still working at the part time retail job that I have had for over a year now. From what I am told the pay will be a lot better as will the hours. I am not 100% sure if I am qualified for the job but I can still apply and see what they say.

I doubt this would happen but it would be nice if I could get an idea of what the job is like and see if I am a good fit for it and then leave my current job.

Most likely I will ask them (assuming that I get an interview) what are some of the reason that some employees are let go during their "trial run" because it would suck if I left my current job and was then fired within less than 1 month of being at the new place. Also I want to put in my two weeks at my current job only after I know that I will get the "trial run" at the place that I plan to apply to.

In the last 3 years I have worked in a total of 5 different places, all of which were in various fields (including working in the fields with my doing irrigation work). I have worked in an office setting as an intern mainly doing janitor stuff but also setting up printers and other stuff, I also did some sports stuff where I was the score keeper for an indoor hockey league, I also use to work in the fast food by being a delivery driver, the field irrigation stuff, and also working in the stock room of a retail store.

Who known maybe one day I will turn into one of those people that says ya back in my 20s I also use to jump from job to job before finally ending up here and I have no been doing this for over 10 years and I actually kind of like my job sort of thing.
Hope you get that position. 5 different jobs in 3 years sounds rough, hope you land something you like, that pays well and where you can stay at least a good number of years.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I keep going back and forth and can't make up my mind, I've been thinking about using SAM to for example match the achievements from first version of a game to a REDUX version. I kind of want one place where I "gather" my achievements, so that would also include unlocking achievements I got on a different console. I know no one really cares but I do still care about steam achievements and I know some of you do too! So what do you think? The way I see it, lets say I take Divinity Original Sin achievements and unlock them in the Enhanced edition, that would mean another game with the same completion rate, it would actually negatively affect my overall steam average completion rate.

Reactions: MJunioR

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I keep going back and forth and can't make up my mind, I've been thinking about using SAM to for example match the achievements from first version of a game to a REDUX version. I kind of want one place where I "gather" my achievements, so that would also include unlocking achievements I got on a different console. I know no one really cares but I do still care about steam achievements and I know some of you do too! So what do you think? The way I see it, lets say I take Divinity Original Sin achievements and unlock them in the Enhanced edition, that would mean another game with the same completion rate, it would actually negatively affect my overall steam average completion rate.
This is my opinion. Don't let other judge you because of your achievement progress. You can do whatever you feels the best for you. If you don't want to decrease your average completion then don't start a game and unlock one or two achievement and have no intention to play through the game.
Don't let achievements control which games you want to play or not. Just have fun

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

Might grab this soon, it has been ages since I last played a VN

I get where you are coming from and I kinda like how some games unlock achievements based on your save progress so if you want Steam achievements after playing its GOG version you just need to load it. However, I wouldn't bother messing with achievements if they don't automatically transfer, I kinda refuse to go out of my way for them and unless I love the game I wouldn't even bother opening it.

What I mean is, your situation is entirely dependent on yourself. Do you want to have those achievements in the newer version of DOS and is willing to do it through SAM? If so, go on. No one's gonna blame you for that.

Arkanius

Dec 21, 2018
Would you consider restarting in turn-based mode? I played through the whole game in that mode and it was really well done. Although I still prefer D:OS2 in that regard.
I didn't want to lose all my progress again.
I endured through it, and I'm now before the endgame. I decided to tackle sidequests to level up so I could just auto-battle most of the encounters forward. All my tactical decisions are just which skills or spells I want my party to have.

Kind enjoyed it, played for 10 hours straigth lol. Not sure I'm happy with the decision of the faction I backed. Lost one of my favorite party members :/

Deleted member 113

Tencent to become largest shareholder in Funcom

Hmmm... is it good or bad? I don't know anymore
It's never good when a single entity starts owning most companies in the sector, no matter who it is.

Just look at what Disney has been doing in terms of the film industry.
I know a lot of people like their superhero movies, but for anyone that likes others genres, or cares about the availability of older films, it's a terrible situation, especially after they bought Fox.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
This will probably be pretty great going by the reception of the first game and this looking like more of the same with a new engine.

Multi-party based dungeon crawling with a side order of town building and hex grid world exploration. Early access though, for now.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Mmh, I could insert RE Revelations 2 in my schedule if that's the case.

Reactions: MJunioR

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
UPLAY+ MAINTENANCE - CANCELLATION FEATURE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE
We are ending the FREE TRIAL period on 30 September 2019.

To ensure the stability of UPLAY+ services, we will be running a maintenance on October 1st from 02:00 (CEST) to 10:00 (CEST).

During this time frame, the CANCELLATION functionality will be temporarily unavailable.

Do not worry, if you still WISH TO CANCEL, you will be able to do so by visiting UPLAYPLUS.COM as soon as the maintenance is over.

Ubisoft be like

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

just random online speculation that min spec may be around 3.7ghz

I'm at 3.4ghz, quad-core
im considering scooping up a used 4790k prior to april; beats replacing my mobo and ram
A quadcore will ruin frametimes and cause framedrops in most big, modern games, they need more cores, no matter the GHz. Doubt Cyberpunk will be different. And while the 4790K has Hyperthreading that will only help so much. I'd rather save that money for a new rig, except if you can get one really cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.