Community MetaSteam | September 2020 - An Offer You Definitively Can't Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
wait, will the star wars game be on ea play? can i just wait til december and play it on pc via game pass?

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
That mandatory crunch is disheartening. I really wish it wasn't necessary but given that it seems to be the last leg before release, I'm really, really not surprised.

Not to whitewash it but crunch at this time isn't nearly as surprising as the kind of years-long crunch that, say, Rockstar forced on their employees for RDR1.

Still shitty.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
So...anyone excited for Star Wars Squadrons?
Return of the Jedi was my most rewatched Star Wars movie as a kid because of the space battle at Endor and that space battle is still my favorite sequence in all of Star Wars so I'm somewhat excited. Also really interested to try it in VR and I hope it's very easy to mod and we see a lot of great mods. Sounds like it takes place after Endor so I'm at least hoping for an Endor and Scarif mod.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Anyone remember an upcoming indie game, that was a top-down rhythm-based shooter? I remember the trailer having nice electronic music.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Video of when star wars died for me. When if failed me for the last time, so to say.

Thanks to Kyougar for posting this elsewhere and bringing a smile to my face that I needed.
Yeah, that's some bad Shonen Anime bullshit. I am still a little undecided if this is just a very good fake, not believing that this is in the final movie. (which I never saw)

Deleted member 113

Video of when star wars died for me. When if failed me for the last time, so to say.

Thanks to Kyougar for posting this elsewhere and bringing a smile to my face that I needed.
I really don't understand why some people have a problem with this last film (to a point where they keep throwing these random posts at the expense of the film in a random context like this almost one year later), and not with the gigantic pile of crap that is the second film of this latest trilogy, a film where characters seem to be forgotten for most of the film, with one mess of a script, characters contradicting themselves throughout the film, and naturally, the complete mishandle of one of the big main characters in the franchise. I mean, the characters of the original trilogy apparently can only exist as plot devices, namely, to be killed off in ridiculous fashion.

But nothing surprises me any more. I mean, recently I keep reading how the prequel trilogy was far better than the original trilogy, so I guess it's a big generational disconnect between some people.

I'll repeat what I said at the time the film launched: I watched The Last Jedi on opening night, and people left the cinema speechless, kind of wondering what the hell did they watch. I went to watch The Rise of Skywalker on opening night, and when the film ended, I saw the whole audience, both kids and an older crowd, with a smile on their faces.
Yeah, the film has some problems (it's hard to try to fix all the narrative crap done in the previous one), but the result was an enjoyable sci-fi/action/adventure popcorn flick, that thankfully appealed to most people.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I really don't understand why some people have a problem with this last film (to a point where they keep throwing these random posts at the expense of the film in a random context like this almost one year later), and not with the gigantic pile of crap that is the second film of this latest trilogy, a film where characters seem to be forgotten for most of the film, with one mess of a script, characters contradicting themselves throughout the film, and naturally, the complete mishandle of one of the big main characters in the franchise. I mean, the characters of the original trilogy apparently can only exist as plot devices, namely, to be killed off in ridiculous fashion.

But nothing surprises me any more. I mean, recently I keep reading how the prequel trilogy was far better than the original trilogy, so I guess it's a big generational disconnect between some people.

I'll repeat what I said at the time the film launched: I watched The Last Jedi on opening night, and people left the cinema speechless, kind of wondering what the hell did they watch. I went to watch The Rise of Skywalker on opening night, and when the film ended, I saw the whole audience, both kids and an older crowd, with a smile on their faces.
Yeah, the film has some problems (it's hard to try to fix all the narrative crap done in the previous one), but the result was an enjoyable sci-fi/action/adventure popcorn flick, that thankfully appealed to most people.
Joke's on y'all I just watched Ep. 7.
My problem with anything Disney related is that everything is done by commitee. Prequel trilogy might be shit but it's Lucas shit.

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

Joke's on y'all I just watched Ep. 7.
I hope you had fun. ;)
I also had a great time watching that one at the cinema (as did the whole audience, who went bananas most of the film). It was definitely one of better experiences I had at the cinema, crowd-wise, in a really long time. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I think this bit from The Big Bang Theory was a close approximation of the crowd's reaction:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I hope you had fun. ;)
I also had a great time watching that one at the cinema (as did the whole audience, who went bananas most of the film). It was definitely one of better experiences I had at the cinema, crowd-wise, in a really long time. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I think this bit from The Big Bang Theory was a close approximation of the crowd's reaction:

Hah, actually I didnt have fun because I had a nasty bout of gastritis at the time. Also, I was seated next to a guy who didnt believe in deodorant. Cool film though.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019

I've got the opposite take. I was interested in seeing where star wars went after TLJ.....

Where it went was lame. I couldn't be bothered to pay to see Rise of Skywalker so I didn't see it in theaters. The theater I went to for TLJ seemed down with it contrary to your experience.

To make a long story short; TROS basically made the previous two star wars trilogies pointless, retroactively.

But, you're speaking to someone who's favorite star wars anything is The New Jedi Order series from the old EU. (Note, I've read probably 40 to 50 old EU books from the age of 11 to 18) So when the old EU died, I was ready to let it go and pulled back a ton. I was in with watching the movies and taking them as they were but TROS finally killed even that enjoyment. I rarely bad mouth the recent films because I've been over it for over a decade and my interests in film, comics, graphic novels, books, tv are far broader than just SW. I mainly shared it because its a astoundingly good edit of a silly scene that makes it entertaining rather than cringey, as originally shot.

Its a vapid corporate product on all levels now. The vision is now $$ alone. And using Carrie Fisher lost footage, edited and digitized, that kind of thing always rubs me the wrong way.

Last edited:
Reactions: LEANIJA and C-Dub

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
So...anyone excited for Star Wars Squadrons?

I loved TIE Fighter and X-Wing back in the day and while I assume Squadrons won't quite reach those levels it's nice seeing something close. And hopefully if this does well enough we'll see a successor to one of those in the future or even a more fleshed out sequel to Squadrons that does the job too.

It gets better, check out the amazing animated stickers for Untitled Goose game and Hades.
I definitely want Goose game just for the stickers 😂
Those stickers are incredible and good news is you don't need to own a game to buy stickers. I own nearly every sticker on the Steam points store, including those Untitled Goose Game ones, and I don't own it or a couple other games.

From what I can tell it's only emoticons that have the ownership requirement.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Yay we are talking about Gera de la Galaxias.

As I have mentioned before I like Star Wars and have liked it for some 14 years now. The movies are not what got me into Star Wars but rather video games and cartoons. Stuff like LEGO Star Wars. Star Wars Battlefront, and Gendy's Clone Wars are what got me into Star Wars. It was after that that I watched the movies I saw them 1-6 not from 4-6 and then 1-3.

7 was not that bad, 8 how ever was rather bad. What sucks was that there were multiple points in the movie where they could have fixed things but it was just one point after another of no return until the very end. With 7 they tried to play it safe and follow the flow/plot of 4 and for the most part people were okay with that. 8 did not follow 5 (which out of the original trilogy is something else since it feels a lot different and does a really good job giving the sense of defeat, there is a reason it's called "The Empire Strikes Back" after all). There was one part in 8 that I liked and thought it was pretty cool but sadly they didn't really do much with it and it was just there (it's about Rey and the truth about her). I still have not watched 9.

I am a broken record but this is what got me into Star Wars

I am curious about what people would think about this if you showed this to die hard Star Wars fans in the late 80s, years after Return of the Jedi.

Reactions: Trisolarian

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Squadrons' focus on multiplayer makes me less interested in it. I loved the campaigns of Xwing and TIE Fighter (and they probably do not hold up) and I get that you have to have multiplayer to justify a game these days but I just am not interested in grinding out games to upgrade my ship or whatever.

Reactions: Tomasety

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
I have bought the former EGSclusive The Sojourn in the Humble Store for just 11,78 Euro. Now, there is no way to download/redeem the game. The order/key page is empty. :( I have contacted the support but have heard nothing back. :(

Does anyone have the same problem?

Pogi

illiterate
Jun 25, 2019
Excuse me for being illiterate, but how do the people over at Steam new pages OT find these games? And if it is a site, does it allow filter by genre?

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Excuse me for being illiterate, but how do the people over at Steam new pages OT find these games? And if it is a site, does it allow filter by genre?
new entries on the platform via SteamDB, bots or any other system. It's easy to check :cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: Angelo and Pogi

FunnyJay