Community MetaSteam | September 2021 - Welcome to Punxsutawney

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
So it took me like 45 minutes to download Deathloop, so we will see how long it will take to unpack it XD

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Have any of the Deathloop previews explained how the loop is supposed to spice things up? I originally thought it was going to be Outer Wilds-esque, where you would use your accumulated knowledge to find better ways to improve routing until you could beat the game, but I guess it has no time limits? What's the point of looping if there's no need to optimize your runs?

• Eyes

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Have any of the Deathloop previews explained how the loop is supposed to spice things up? I originally thought it was going to be Outer Wilds-esque, where you would use your accumulated knowledge to find better ways to improve routing until you could beat the game, but I guess it has no time limits? What's the point of looping if there's no need to optimize your runs?
There is a time limit, from what I understood of a Youtubers preview video. You need to kill a set of targets during daytime. The game doesn't end when you reach night time, apparently, but you have no choice but to restart the loop if you want to win. So it's sort of a soft lose state.

• Eyes

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
My understanding is that the map is divided into 4 or so areas (districts?). When you enter a district, there is no time limit for how long you can remain there. There will be one or more targets for you to kill in that district. However, when you transition from that district to another one, the clock will move forward by a certain amount (I think 6 hours). That means you can only visit (or return to) a fixed number of districts before your 24 hours are up and the loop restarts. And the targets will move from district to district when time moves. What you will have to learn in your loops is which target is in which district during which time period. And then you use that knowledge gained over the course of various runs to strategize what route you want to take through the various districts to assassinate all the targets within 24 hours. I'm probably wrong with the number of districts or the duration of the time jump but that's the basic idea of the game as I understand it.

• Eyes

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
The Artful Escape done (3.1hrs). Beautiful, but the gameplay left a lot to be desired. Worth checking out for the visuals, though. People seem to really like it.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
The Artful Escape done (3.1hrs). Beautiful, but the gameplay left a lot to be desired. Worth checking out for the visuals, though. People seem to really like it.
Just finished myself. It really wasn't for me, which is strange because I actually liked Gris for example. This one felt more like a few set pieces stitched together. I guess if you not kind of "sucked in" it makes enjoying this type of game hard.

It is indeed beautiful, but I wish developers would stop using "Simon Says" every time they have no idea how to add gameplay elements.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Some how places explain Steam input on Tales of Arise.

I heard that now many games did what they did for this release which is why it's unique.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
You playin fashion souls and you settle on looking like a colonising conquistador? Uh82cit :v

Non the less umm good luck
Dark souls 2 leaves soooooooo soooooo sooooo much to be desired
The core mechanics are mostly solid but the level design and structure is really weak compared to ds1

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
The core mechanics are mostly solid but the level design and structure is really weak compared to ds1
I like DS2, but the level design/structure IMO peaked with DS1.
But the game should probably have ended after Anor Londo, 'cause it's SO FREAKING LONG!

Reactions: Ge0force

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Yesterday was 18 years since Steam was first launched.
Majority hated it since it would introduce digital downloads of games and physical media would disappear meaning that we would not "own" the games anymore. We never owned any game back then and today we "own" even lesser than before :D :D :D :( :cry:

Remember this jif?

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
Yesterday was 18 years since Steam was first launched.
Majority hated it since it would introduce digital downloads of games and physical media would disappear meaning that we would not "own" the games anymore. We never owned any game back then and today we "own" even lesser than before :D :D :D :( :cry:

Remember this jif?
i'm shocked i've not seen that many "finally legal" jokes

• Toucan
Reactions: Mivey and LEANIJA

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

I completed this game on PS5. I thought it was an good Metroidvania that has nice combat and decent map design. It's also a pretty lengthy game since it took me around 15 hours to complete (although the final boss is insanely difficult and took me around two hours of constant retries).

I do have a few gripes as the game puts objective markers on the map which I feel go against the concept of games in the genre where you wonder around until you find out where to go. Also the animations are fairly stiff and I'm not a fan of the furry aesthetic. Still a fun game overall and I would recommend it when it comes to Steam if you are a fan of the genre.

Now Metroid Dread needs to deliver and there will be a hat trick of great Metroidvanias this year with the third game being Ender Lilies.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Well, just beat the second lord in ToA on hard mode and the dude was a cunt. Since the battle takes place in a bright white/blue-coloured room and the boss makes use of lightning/light attacks, things got very hard to see with all the animations going off.

As a Tales vet, I can mentally filter out all the attack names that everyone is shouting during battles, but there's no doubt that someone new to series would be put off by it. Anyway, it was a fun boss fight nontheless. And that indignation was chef's kiss

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
Well, just beat the second lord in ToA on hard mode and the dude was a cunt. Since the battle takes place in a bright white/blue-coloured room and the boss makes use of lightning/light attacks, things got very hard to see with all the animations going off.

As a Tales vet, I can mentally filter out all the attack names that everyone is shouting during battles, but there's no doubt that someone new to series would be put off by it. Anyway, it was a fun boss fight nontheless. And that indignation was chef's kiss
New to Tales and was playing hard mode because I want the challenge. Took me like 5 tries before I learned that them damn element resistance accessories are a god send. I've just finished the third lord and so far I feel like the second lord's region bosses were way more difficult.

Interesting, this does not seem fake.
Because Bloodborne doesn't exist on this list I declare that this list is fake news now.

GoT and GoW are the highlights of this list for me. Confirmation of Helldivers 2 is cool but want to see what changes the sequel has before deciding to buy or not.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Returnal would find its audience on PC right away. Smart choice but it's a bit too soon since it came out in 2021. Ratchet & Clank is likely the remaster/remake of the first one.

Would be cool honestly.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
These are the games published by Epic Games in the list:
  • Alan Wake Remastered
  • Eyes Out Project
  • Innocents in the Fire
  • MailApp
  • MetaHumans
  • Paragon
  • Robo Recall
  • Shadow Complex Remastered
  • Spyjinx
  • Unreal Tournament Next
There might be tech demos in there.

For Sony:
  • Demon's Souls
  • Déraciné
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • God of War™
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • HELLDIVERS 2
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Predator: Hunting Grounds
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Returnal
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure
  • Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection

Last edited:

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
So ... are we back to the days of gigantic database leaks or is this complete bullshit.

[Hidden content]
I weirdly believe the Sony side, but as soon as i see
things like:
Bayonetta 3 by Sega ?,
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Judgement

Seems less likely, although obviously it is easy to think of reasons
eg: Judgement is an older listing when it was planned before the lawsuit issues
Sega is a typo
the rest are Nintendo looking at streaming etc....

Dec 5, 2018
I weirdly believe the Sony side, but as soon as i see
things like:
Bayonetta 3 by Sega ?,
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Judgement

Seems less likely, although obviously it is easy to think of reasons
eg: Judgement is an older listing when it was planned before the lawsuit issues
Sega is a typo
the rest are Nintendo looking at streaming etc....
I mean, there already are old (read: WII and GC) games running on the shield in china (officially)

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I like DS2, but the level design/structure IMO peaked with DS1.
But the game should probably have ended after Anor Londo, 'cause it's SO FREAKING LONG!
Nah fam, once you figre out how to go through Dark Souls, everything up til Sen's Fortress isn't very long.
Anor Londo becomes a short trek too. ...but I do agree that the later half of the game has some rather lengthy dungeons.

Besides you need the stuff AFTER Anor Londo to realize that the gods ain't shit and ain't worth giving a damn about them.
After defeating Sif and finishing Anor Londo, descend to New Londo Ruins and defeat the boss there as early as possible without ever speaking to Frampt

Status
Not open for further replies.