Community MetaSteam | September 2021 - Welcome to Punxsutawney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

After confirming that variants of Bezos like "JeffB," "Bez0s," and "Be Zos" were also locked out, I tried just going by "Amazon." That word's not allowed either. These names are clearly not locked because other players have already claimed them. When a name is already taken, it says, "This name is in use." Names which include the words Amazon and Bezos, however, "cannot be used," which is also what New World says when you type in swear words.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020

Apparently Saber's in at least partially because they were originally working on a Fate game instead of a new Melty, but it still feels like a wasted character slot. 1 day out from the game launching and I have no idea who to play, because nobody in the cast interests me.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Taking a break from.... ahmm.. Shipbreakers to catch up.

- The EGS and Microsoft thing is probably just a shortcut to download the normal installer, but even then given the "wonderful" integration with EA Desktop app I can't wait to see what they will screw up.

- Valve launching a cheaper VR headset will really screw me over. It will most likely still be way more expensive than the Quest, that right is the only remotely affordable one over here. But the question for me is how much more would I pay to not get Facebook?

"This name is in use." Names which include the words Amazon and Bezos, however, "cannot be used," which is also what New World says when you type in swear words.
- So: Bezos = Amazon = Shit

That kind of checks out.

Billionaires and their fragile egos :rolleyes:

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Not being able to use the names of the developer, publisher, or specific related names is just common sense. You don't want players impersonating employees or GMs.
Using anything similar is also ground for a name change.
And it usually applies to unrelated names of public personalities too, you don't want your game to have a bunch of fake actors screaming obscenities.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019

Apparently Saber's in at least partially because they were originally working on a Fate game instead of a new Melty, but it still feels like a wasted character slot. 1 day out from the game launching and I have no idea who to play, because nobody in the cast interests me.
It's not like they were gonna add anything in her place considering she's just a bonus they already worked on.

I really hope this has good regional pricing. I'm not gonna spend twice what I paid on Strive for fucking Melty lol

• Eyes

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

Polish developer People Can Fly, responsible for recent looter-shooter Outriders, announced a change in strategy to shift towards smaller AA games in new genres. The studio won’t abandon its bigger triple-A projects but instead hopes to have one new release annually beginning in 2024.
I think it's a wise decision.
Afterall Outriders' development cycle took six years and the last news we knew was that they didn't get paid by SE

Reactions: LEANIJA

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Kinda funny as there is what, 2 games basically. For a sale that lasts a week.
Well... technically it's 4 games.... it is just that no one remembers that Predator Hunting Grounds and Helldrivers exist :p

Still lackluster for a "publisher event".

Unless of course they announce Bloodborne or something.
(Am I doing this right? Sony blinks and people see Bloodborne PC in morse code)

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Sony having a publisher sale on steam

Kinda funny as there is what, 2 games basically. For a sale that lasts a week.
I mean, it having already a publisher sale is a good sign for us, more to come in the future, you know? the more added, the more impressive will be.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
Steam Deck official benchmarks by Tom's Hardware states: ( Steam Deck Benchmarks Show 60 FPS Gaming Experience With Reasonable Eye Candy )
  1. Shadow of the Tomb Raider: 30 FPS (Highest), 36 FPS (High), 50 FPS (Custom)
  2. Doom: 60 FPS (Medium), 46 FPS (Custom)
  3. Cyberpunk 2077: 20-30 FPS (High)
  4. Dota 2: 47 FPS (Highest), 80 FPS (Low)
well good news, it runs games at a pretty alright preformance for a handheld, definitely a great place, but worried about the APU for the Steam Deckard now; unless it's possible to use two seperate APUs of the same model on one hardware, then it'd be rough doing great preformance on the Steam Deckard

in any case, gonna look closer at the leaked AMD APUs and see if there's something that sounds reasonable

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I started Act 5 on Pathfinder:WotR and there was a scene that was basically this:

No way in hell I'll refuse my power and get rid of my dragon, what is Iomedae thinking about?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
Well... technically it's 4 games.... it is just that no one remembers that Predator Hunting Grounds and Helldrivers exist :p

Still lackluster for a "publisher event".

Unless of course they announce Bloodborne or something.
(Am I doing this right? Sony blinks and people see Bloodborne PC in morse code)
Remember what happens when someone mentions BB here?

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Oh,buying the deluxe edition of Monky Ball Banana Mania means you get the game a few days early, and I got the deluxe edition! Noice surprise.

• Eyes

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I say that we keep the September thread open until lashman is in a better state and I able to join us again.

Also I still have my same request
of last year of having Green Days Wake me Up when September ends be the last post on this thread.

That is all.

The whole 30fps on the Steam Deck doesn't seem to bad especially when that's basically what the Switch gets anyway. But you get to play even more games though. I would like to get it in December but we will most likely hear about adoption rates by Summer on if devs are doing stuff for it (mainly stuff like UI for some PC only games) and if people decided to keep their pre-orders or if interested just died down greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.