Community MetaSteam September 2022 | You were expecting Kingdom Hearts, but it’s me Dio(field)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I have no opinion on what Valve lets into their store other than making up their minds about it.

As STHX pointed, you can find tons of bad shit already, so...

• This!
Reactions: Gintaro

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
In my opinion, the fact that other games may have accidentally slipped through the cracks doesn't mean that other games with awful content should be allowed through. If the tweet about the game's content is accurate then I personally fully support the ban.

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
The game has been rated by PEGI, CERO, ESRB etc. It doesn't even have an 18 rating in Europe. It's ridiculous that a game sold in supermarkets for the Switch is banned from Steam
And this new version according with few sources is even censored. No idea if true or not, but people say Switch Z version is based on PS3/PSP D version, not 360/Vita Z rating editions.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Surely if the game is on switch it's not doing anything other games on steam aren't already doing.
If the description in that tweet is accurate than I agree with the ban but valve needs to be coherent.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
In my opinion, the fact that other games may have accidentally slipped through the cracks doesn't mean that other games with awful content should be allowed through. If the tweet about the game's content is accurate then I personally fully support the ban.
This is how the game will be rated in EU:

This is how the game will be rated in USA:

It also has a CERO rating in Japan

I'm way older than 18, just fucking let me play it.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Then the tweet isn't accurate?
The game has a main character (which is an incel) fantasize about his sister.
No graphic details are shown, just a textual description of his mindset.
Hardly anything to ban the game over.
I mean, the game sequel is up on Steam:
And has even more depraved content including
main character's child sister being murdered, chopped up into little pieces and sent back to him, piecemeal

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
Then the tweet isn't accurate?
It has more to do with extreme violence than sexual content:
from japanese wikipedia:
In addition, since the Xbox 360 version includes explicit and extreme crime depictions in the added Kozue Orihara route, the computer entertainment rating organization (CERO)'s age category is designated as "Z" [5] . It is the first home-use beautiful girl game that does not contain a depiction of a character to be classified as " Z (only for those over 18 years old) ". It's also a game that was rated more severely than the PC version when it was first ported to home use. The PSP version is rated "D (for 17 years old and over)", but there are changes in many scenes in addition to the treetop route mentioned above. The iOS and Android versions have been ported with the same content as the PSP version, and the iPad version is HD compatible. The PS Vita version had the same content as the Xbox 360 version, [6] and was rated "Z" again.
It's similar content like dokidoki literature content and that famous suicide scene banned on PS4 but allowed on the other platforms.

Last edited:
  • Eyes

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
HEY EVERYONE!!!

With Prodeus finished up it's time to start getting ready for the spooky season. The plan is to play spookier and spookier games as we inch closer to Halloween, starting with Pumpkin Jack this time!

There's roughly 20 games I have in mind to play through during October and while we most likely won't get through all of them, the aforementioned not so vague hint at a game featuring an alien will absolutely happen. I'm really excited to finally play through that.

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Colorado, USA
main character's child sister being murdered, chopped up into little pieces and sent back to him, piecemeal
That tweet made it sound far worse. I've also seen a lot of discussion about the game being banned, but no one actually just explaining what the content is, so thank you.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
That tweet made it sound far worse. I've also seen a lot of discussion about the game being banned, but no one actually just explaining what the content is, so thank you.
Visual-wise, this is the worst game has going for (official promotion material):
And that's just an optional DLC.

• Eyes

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Hm, this is weird.

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
I'm on board with everyone saying this is absolutely ridiculous when you see some of the other games that are able to be released on Steam.

Can someone explain why? What is the content in question that is causing this issue in the first place?
I'm no conspiracy nut but the most likely explanation is that whoever is in charge of their evaluation process hates weeb shit.

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
DLC set 8 for R-Type Final 2 released right now, part of Stage Pass 3:
That’s literally what’s written on vndb so huuh yeah ot’s true i even posted about it back then
Thank you for confirmation. I hope the uncensored patch will be released soon (my first intention was playing it on Steam deck with yuzu even buying the game on Switch)
All this ban trend is getting totally absurd, today I read Nintendo is altering their content policies too.

Last edited:

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
OP September banner image is down (no longer available), should be fixed before close the thread.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
misinformation
Naroh, I like you and I respect your opinions, but I'd appreciate it if you don't spread misinformation such as this in this forum.

I couldn't care less if you do something like this on ERA, but in here, I'd appreciate it if you fact-checked your source beforehand.

If you care to review Chaos;Head Noah's vndb page, you will be aware that the game doesn't have content involving nudity, let alone graphics with sexualised content. C;H N is a rather old title and the information can be considered accurate.

You could argue that the delusion that the protagonist in the game has about his sister can be considered sexual content, but since it doesn't include explicit images, it should still fall within Valve's guidelines for publishing adult titles.

Reason: spelling.
Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I don't think we should be the one arguing if the content is appropriate for steam. Rating organisations have already given their opinion, and the only thing Valve need to do is to follow them. Sure, they have the right to ban the game because this is their own platform, but thie decision is so stupid considering that there are tons of hentai game on Steam when this one is not even an AO game.

Status
Not open for further replies.