Community MetaSteam September 2022 | You were expecting Kingdom Hearts, but it’s me Dio(field)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
HEY PEOPLE!!!

Another Fuga stream today! We're in the last third of the game now but I suspect we'll have one more stream after this one before we finish things. So I figure we're getting to a point where I'm going to get teary eyed at the very least depending on how this story goes.

We've also got some emotes now! The artist I got in touch with did such an amazing job and I cannot thank them enough. :cat-heart-blob:

Should be starting in the usual 10 minutes.

:blobeyes: :blobeyes: :blobeyes:

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Epic leaks

The UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection, remastered and optimized for PC, hits Epic Games Store on Oct. 19, and if you pre-purchase it, you’ll get a snazzy new Fortnite glider in the shape of Sully’s seaplane.
To grab the seaplane, digitally and figuratively, you just need to pre-purchase the wonderful UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection from the Epic Games Store starting Sept. XX. You get the glider immediately following your pre-purchase. Or you can wait for the seaplane to hit the Fortnite item shop on Nov. 17.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Doesn't seem like there will be any KH Steam. :(

Im this close to getting them on the next EGS sale.
I don't know why you convinced yourself they would be in this showcase when SE near exclusively runs point on development, marketing and publishing of the series and has a far more obvious point to release them on Steam: when they release more info on the new one.

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
Looks an interesting game, but always a bit wary of Nacon after the whole Sinking City business.
I'm not clear on the details of that episode (last I remember it seemed to me that both parties were behaving poorly), but unfortunately there appear to be more immediate reasons to be wary of Steelrising: absolutely dreadful, unacceptable performance:

Steam reviews are mixed so far, with performance as the main concern, from those I read.

edit: I'm adding the following quote from the linked article, because I find it immensely funny:
Without DLSS, we were GPU limited at 800x600, even when using an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080.
I did a triple take when I saw "800x600" on the chart. Haven't seen that in a while.

Last edited:

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Picked up Jack Move yesterday. Enjoying it so far.

The biggest plus so far is that it is very pretty game. The graphics are great.

The story, at least so far, is a bit generic. Estranged father, gets kidnapped and you have to find out why and rescue him. Dialogue was a bit too Cyberpunk/Netrunner for my liking at first but has kind of grown on me now. Has a lot of the elements you would expect from the genre. Corporations, decks, cyberspace.

Combat is good. Basic attack, your cyber attacks (think spells) and Jack Moves (think limit breaks). There is a tracker that shows when you attack and the enemy attacks but not seen any skills that can knock enemies out of sequence. Jack Moves have a simple rhythm sequence to them to boost damage. However this can be turned off in the menus. Status effects do play a part but not to a major extent. Don’t expect a persona/smt level of depth to it.

My only real irritation so far is that you have to press a button to move from screen to screen. Understandable for doors. But not when moving street to street.

So far I would say it is pretty, fun but slightly generic. I definitely don’t regret my purchase.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I need tips! I always sit in a bad position when on my computer that leads to strain on my neck and headaches. I pretty much sit like

but elbow on the table and kind of looking up towards the screen.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I need tips! I always sit in a bad position when on my computer that leads to strain on my neck and headaches. I pretty much sit like

Your monitor is too low. Get one of those elevation platforms to raise it 30cm. Also try lowering your chair to the lowest setting. Rule of thumb, the top of your monitor should be at the same level as your eye line while sitting straight.

• Eyes

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Your monitor is too low. Get one of those elevation platforms to raise it 30cm. Also try lowering your chair to the lowest setting. Rule of thumb, the top of your monitor should be at the same level as your eye line while sitting straight.
Hmh I think my monitor is in the correct height. The problem is that I lean in towards the screen and then have to bend my neck like vulture... maybe I have bad eyesight but I don't think!

• Eyes

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever

God I do this too and i hate it. My neck doesn't hurt but the strain/pressure it puts on my left shoulder always bites me in the ass when I'm trying to sleep. I lay there and think to myself "Why the F-word does my shoulder hurt so bad?" Well dumb ass it's cuz you leaned on it all day long. 😭

So on that note, I too am trying to join the better posture club.
And Fwiw, my monitors are also correct height (or if anything just a smidge higher than they need to be, since I seem to prefer Eye-level = just above Monitor center.)

fearthedawn

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019

Struggled with this for years until the "you have to do something about this" message finally clicked, from my experience:

• there is no "bad" position, just staying in one position for long, switch up the way you sit and support your weight/head every 30 minutes, preferably even quicker like 10-15 minutes
  • strengthening exercises for core (not just abs) and shoulders, going to suck at first because it adds additional strain but worth it in the long run, also cardio where you don't have to move your upper body much like sitting on a bike is a bad choice, do something where your upper body moves and adjusts along with the motion or is more heavily involved
  • comfortable monitor height, looking up or down all day is horrible
  • good chair with back support, even if you don't lean back at all, lower back support is important, for me if i don't have it i get neck pain and headaches while my back continues to feel just fine as if i "don't need it"

edit; quick addition because it feels incomplete without it but also obviously very subjective/personal: i need to keep up and be consistent with 3 out 4 of these things, essentially if i slip in 2 out of 4 i get aches crawling up my neck and shoulders and into my head again within a week.

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
  • good chair with back support, even if you don't lean back at all, lower back support is important, for me if i don't have it i get neck pain and headaches while my back continues to feel just fine as if i "don't need it"
That might be a big issue! I just have a regular chair! And I mean plain ass regular chair haha!

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Pirating the game harms the industry less longterm than buying from EGS
The funny thing is, the number one reason people bring up against piracy is the idea of lost sales.
THis doesn't apply to EGS however.
Due to their sales advance, SE is being paid for their N number of sales regardless of wether or not they happen.

So assuming they get paid for 100 sales, and 100 people buy the game on EGS, they get paid for 100 Sales.
Now, if they get paid for 100 sales, and 0 people buy the game, they still get paid for 100 sales.

So here's the funny thing.
If they get paid for 100 sales, 0 people buy it on EGS, 100 people pirate it, and only 20 of the people that pirated it buy it later on steam.
Then they get the money from 120 sales.

Running out of patience with SE. Also losing sympathy if people just start mass-pirating form them. Hope the EGS money covers your losses. :rolleyes:
Between the EGS deal and the Prices of the games, SE really sent KH on PC out to die.
The Kingdom Hearts All in One Package (Includes everything except the Rythm game cuz that was released after) costs 40€ for PS4. It's 170€ on PC.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
To be honest, I don't know what's going on with KH Steam releases and sadly I don't even know how I could try getting such information :(
Maybe they are holding off on releasing them on Steam now, so that by the time Kingdom Hearts 4 rolls around, they can release the old games on Steam too. maybe as a preorder bonus or something. Of course completely boneheaded since the earlier they put these games out on Steam, the sooner you can start building an audience on Steam.

Alternatively, and I think this seems more believable to me given we are talking about Square, they didn't port it to Steam way back when and they don't want to "waste" any money on games that don't seem to sell at all on PC.

Whatever the reason is, it's something dumb.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
My last hope is really when Square starts fully revealing KH4. If not, then I have no clue.

Of course, there's always those events like TGS.

Anyways, KH4 is coming to PC, so unless that is also going the Epic exclusive road, would be weird to release KH4 on Steam without the other games.

Last edited:

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020

:steam_pigblanket:

I'm a couple of months late to say this, but the Cuphead DLC is pretty dang good. Mortimer and Glumstone can go fuck themselves though. S-ranking those stages was miserable. Bad RNG patterns on Expert would lead to situations where I had no idea how to avoid damage. Even with the new healing powerup, they were tough as hell. On the flip side, Moonshine Mob and Chef Saltbaker are two of the best levels in the whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.