Community MetaSteam September 2022 | You were expecting Kingdom Hearts, but it’s me Dio(field)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Monkey Island is one of those "Top 5" games from my childhood that just means the world to me. Me and my little brother wrote a Monkey Island song(to the tune of Popeye the Sailor Man) and mailed it, along with suggestions for a third game and fanart, to LucasArts when we were like 10-12.. Ron Gilbert getting to make another Monkey Island is an actual miracle.

I'm Guybrush the pirate man,
I sailed to Melee Island.
I am so lucky,
Cause I killed LeChuck-y,
I'm Guybrush the pirate man.

Yes, I was a very dorky kid. Nothing has changed.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Anybody else anticipating Metal: Hellsinger? Launches September 15!

Its like BPM: Bullets Per Minute, except its not a roguelike (more like Doom), its much higher budget, and its got an outstanding metal soundtrack (Serj Tankian, Alissa Whyte-Gluz, Randy Blythe and more). There's a demo on Steam (or console) if youd like to give it a try.

As you build up your combo meter, the soundtrack adds more and more elements... then when you hit max combo multiplier at x16, the vocal track kicks in. So awesome!

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Anybody else anticipating Metal: Hellsinger? Launches September 15!

Its like BPM: Bullets Per Minute, except its not a roguelike (more like Doom), its much higher budget, and its got an outstanding metal soundtrack (Serj Tankian, Alissa Whyte-Gluz, Randy Blythe and more). There's a demo on Steam (or console) if youd like to give it a try.

As you build up your combo meter, the soundtrack adds more and more elements... then when you hit max combo multiplier at x16, the vocal track kicks in. So awesome!
I played the Demo and would very much anticipate the game if, and thats a big if, i were even remotely any good at rythm games.

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
There's this unique horror game coming out in a few months that is set in my actual homeland, with a fantastic artstyle and intriguing atmosphere

...and it eggsclusive :notlikethisblob:

Hope to see it on Steam sooner rather than later

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
So apparently Soul Hackers 2 bombed lol
If you're basing on peak concurrent numbers on Steam, they're between Yakuza 0 and Kiwami , which were good enough for SEGA to release more Yakuza games. So, while it's not a super successful release, it also didn't bomb, I think.

They're also 4~5x higher than Catherine Classic, which SEGA considered a success.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
If you're basing on peak concurrent numbers on Steam, they're between Yakuza 0 and Kiwami , which were good enough for SEGA to release more Yakuza games. So, while it's not a super successful release, it also didn't bomb, I think.

They're also 5x higher than Catherine Classic, which SEGA considered a success.
I meant as a whole, it sold 70k copies between PS4 and PS5 in Japan.

spiel

Apr 17, 2019
I'm looking forward to reviews on Wayward Strand. When I played the demo (felt like years ago tbh), it had great vibes. And I know this description isn't useful, but it was like The Occupation and Spiritfarer got smooshed together. Hopefully the game can stick the landing.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Tried GOG Galaxy 2 for ther first time in at least 6 months, still feels like it's hold together with ducktape.
Now that it supports cloud saves on GOG, I’d recommend using Heroic Games Launcher over GOG Galaxy.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Hmm, I'm guessing that only includes retail copies and doesn't include digital though.
Well, I guess at least it did better than Mirage Sessions? ¯\(ツ)
Japan trends lower for digital than most markets, and TMS is itself a really low bar :relieved-face:

• This!
Reactions: PC-tan

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I liked Backbone, but it suffered heavily from a weird late-game genre swerve and having been cut down drastically from a much more ambitious Kickstarter pitch. It sounds like this one is being designed from day 1 with less ambitious, more achievable design goals, which will hopefully help.
yeah, here's hoping 🤞

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
I played the Demo and would very much anticipate the game if, and thats a big if, i were even remotely any good at rythm games.
I realized I suck at the rhythm shooting so I went ahead and played it like a normal shooter and whenever I randomly synchronized with the music it felt like a bonus. It actually happens fairly often. The game is a legit boomer shooter even without the rhythm gameplay mechanic.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I’ve never been a fan of PQube ever since they published Persona 4 Arena (under the name Zen Unlimited) in Europe.

The way that game was handled in general was appalling, but PQube used the PS3 region lock on the game to delay the title for 8-9 months (for what reason, no one knows, but likely for their own financial advantage - and fans couldn’t even import it due to the region lock) and make it the lousiest release in series history.

Even the cover sleeve was low-res and blurry and the “bonus items” with the overpriced “limited edition” (that seemed to have more stock than the regular one) were shit like a jigsaw puzzle and random tat with the game’s logo poorly printed onto it. Compared to the US and JP release, it was an embarrassment.

The whole thing felt like a dodgy 90s N64 release where Europeans were third class customers.

Basically, none of this surprises me.

Status
Not open for further replies.