Community MetaSteam September 2022 | You were expecting Kingdom Hearts, but it’s me Dio(field)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
It's a damn shame since I really enjoyed my time with the game and I wish more people are interested in playing it. It's definitely one of my favourite Atlus games. But even as a fan of the series, I find it hard to justify the DLC scheme and the lack of regional pricing.
I wanted to buy it but I'm short of money and I have a massive backlog already.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Weird how EGS is promoting Uncharted the the front page carousel, incoming release date announce hopefully? The game also recently got a Norwegian cheevo language update on SteamDB.

And Returnal has had a ton of updates today on SteamDB.

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
This was coming from a mile away now that they're actually trying to catch up with the series, that said maybe fucking Falcom could get their heads out of their asses and let NISA work on localization while they're making the game like any sane dev

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
This was coming from a mile away now that they're actually trying to catch up with the series, that said maybe fucking Falcom could get their heads out of their asses and let NISA work on localization while they're making the game like any sane dev

Is NISA even going to be in position to work on these games before they're out in Japan anytime soon? They are going to be 3 mainline games behind this month.

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
Is NISA even going to be in position to work on these games before they're out in Japan anytime soon? They are going to be 3 mainline games behind this month.
no, because even if they manage to "catch up" Falcom won't let them work on loc before the games are out
and yeah they need to keep localizing 2 games per year at least to try to catch up, gonna be a while

Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
What was the name of that game that was a parody of The Legend of Zelda? It came out in the last year on Steam, it was around $10, and it has been in development since 2015. It had poor graphics and it was purposely glitchy like if you put on the speed boots then you could possibly end up flying to the other side of the map.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Well probably have to put up with a few problems then.
Not really, no. Unless I'm buying from a gray market site like CDKeys then I expect no issues whatsoever. Not that this is one right now. As far as I'm aware there is no pre-load anyway so as long as I get my key by unlock time it's fine. It's just the first time I've seen a store be like "we got your key but we're not giving it to you yet". They usually give them as soon as they're available.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Kena is a fantastic game that deserves your money.

Speaking of which, now that I've put a few hours into GotG I realize just how unfair the bad sales are. The game is just great all around and you can tell that a lot of care was put into it. It's polished, has great production values, the writing is hilarious, the campaign seems to be fairly long, it's one of the best single player games in recent memory. I actually feel bad paying $6 for it just 10 months after it launched. Such a shame, it deserved so much better.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Kena is a fantastic game that deserves your money.

Speaking of which, now that I've put a few hours into GotG I realize just how unfair the bad sales are. The game is just great all around and you can tell that a lot of care was put into it. It's polished, has great production values, the writing is hilarious, the campaign seems to be fairly long, it's one of the best single player games in recent memory. I actually feel bad paying $6 for it just 10 months after it launched. Such a shame, it deserved so much better.
That's entirely on Squeenix who made the game as unappealing as possible on its marketing.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Gah.

I'm playing Hitman 3. Love the game, as good as the first 2 but im getting this horrible juddering. The frame rate seems to be at a steady 60 but there is definitely something not right. Tried all sort of setting adjustments but it just wont go away. Never had this issue with 1 or 2 that i can remember. Its so frustrating.

• Eyes

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
What was the name of that game that was a parody of The Legend of Zelda? It came out in the last year on Steam, it was around $10, and it has been in development since 2015. It had poor graphics and it was purposely glitchy like if you put on the speed boots then you could possibly end up flying to the other side of the map.
is this it?

Eh, I remain very mixed on GOTG
It’s a very good Marvel story but the combat over such a lengthy campaign gets real repetitive
I definitely enjoyed it overall, but yeah, it's not quite as underrated as the gaming Internet had led me to believe. Combat and level design are solid but not really exceptional for an AAA action-adventure game, and the combat encounters do get a bit repetitive by the end.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
New thread!

I feel like I've basically fallen off the Internet...

• Hug
Reactions: lashman

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Wonder if you can open it up and just swap them. In an ideal world any multi platform pads would support that.

I've been fixing a retro bit Saturn pad recently and all buttons are keyed to be in one spot only there so I know it's not a guarantee to be the case but this isn't a pad from the 90s.
Someone on purple forum said that some other 8BitDo controllers have keyed buttons, so probably here as well. Said they basically just filed off the extra bits and swapped the places. Based on that I guess the buttons might all have one common tooth and if you file away the unique one, the one that's common will keep it straight so the button doesn't rotate sideways or something. Just a guess of course.

Doing that could work indeed, but then I wonder what does the gamepad report itself as in Windows. In the Windows pad the mode switch has x-input and d-input as its options, but the bt controller switches between the bt and 2.4 connection. Is the 2.4 connection d-input? In a rare game that fully supports steam input, would you then get forced switch glyphs?

Actually thinking about it, maybe it's possible to make steam input lie about about the controller you use. Though looking through the options, I don't see anything. But maybe if you disable controller specific, and only enable generic controller support? I wonder.

• Eyes

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
I just bought football manager on steam during the weekend (sale), and now it's free on prime again (on epic tho, yuck).

I don't even know why I bought it considering I've been playing it on gamepass since launch and the next one probably will be there too. I guess I wanted to buy it because I have a great save that I might want to carry on through the end of the year, and the game will probably leave GP in november and never be available again... but then I remembered the reason I hadn't bought it is because they doubled the steam price in my region a couple of editions back.

Buying a game that platform holders are desperate to give me for "free" feels kinda bad. What has gaming come to...

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Not really, no. Unless I'm buying from a gray market site like CDKeys then I expect no issues whatsoever. Not that this is one right now. As far as I'm aware there is no pre-load anyway so as long as I get my key by unlock time it's fine. It's just the first time I've seen a store be like "we got your key but we're not giving it to you yet". They usually give them as soon as they're available.
I can almost guarantee that's not true. The phrasing they changed to is weird but most sites are only going to pre-sell keys they have already (for inventory and logistical purposes, if nothing else). So when you buy a game and they say they'll give you a key when it's ready, they probably already have a key, they just aren't allowed by contract to release yet. Keys can (and are) generated well in advance for stores, reviewers, etc.

Hardcopy stuff works the same way, although nowadays there tends to be way less time between receiving -> displayed for sale. I remember getting books weeks in advance that we could not put anywhere. Actually had a locked room to stash the boxes in if it was considered a big deal (like the later Harry Potter books).

Edit: Don't mean to imply this is absolute truth, I'm sure there are exceptions - but it's easier for everyone involved to have keys properly sorted at each step. Most stores would also rather send them immediately if they could because less chance of refund, and less work for them.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I’m not sure what further clarification was needed after the first request, like they wanted a C&D? Or actually getting sued?
Maybe they wanted for NISA to licence their translation, like they did with Geofront ones?

• Eyes

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
It's a nice feeling when your report(s) may actually contribute to the betterment of the platform. :flare_bath:
Maybe they wanted for NISA to licence their translation, like they did with Geofront ones?
Kitsune (Kuro's fan translator) was one of the original translators of Zero before Geofront took over. I'm almost certain NISA would do right by them in the Zero's credit roll. We can always raise the pitchforks again if they don't.

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
I have semi half assed kept up with that domina developer's brainmeltdown

He has pronouns, was/were now you have nothing. gu gu 'joob? CHUD brains just hit differently

and if he was romanticizing Roman Empire, Im sure he has strong opinions on women in games and minorities

If I semi half ass remember my history channel l o r e, ROME got sacked multiple times M U L T I P L E T I M E S

all because the visigoths/vandals/celts want independence from Rome iirc

See we need history channel to go back to ww2 channel so people can see what hitler did and how he got superpwnt by 3 very different super powers

Imagine the levels of sociopathic spite those soldiers were operating on.

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021

Rest In peace Kuro 2 spreadsheet, time to attempt to learn Japanese for the 100th time :crying-face:
NISA's run with Falcom has been so weird. Even to this day I feel NISA didn't really understand what they were getting into when they started to get Falcom games instead of Xseed. Like yeah Trails was fucked with Xseed too (the Sky FC PSP release underperforming basically delayed the series for years, although in those times a Steam release would obviously be impossible so they were stuck with what they had), but what exactly was NISA's plan when they got the series? Did they think the series was bigger than expected, that Falcom games were big sellers, that it would be easy money, that they could just translate them cheaply and reap all benefits? Becaus honestly the Xseed run clearly shows this wasn't the case before CS3 even got announced. This is what I don't get. It feels like the initial Ys fuck up is how they wanted things to be: cheap. Except now they have to spend even more money and manhours to avoid repeating that fuck up, as well as paying for extra ports and polishing, and despite all that they're still 3 games behind JP.
I'm sure fans are happy they're getting something at least, but as I just said I wonder what NISA's plan was when they signed the contract. The Utawarerumono remake felt the same, they probably though it was easy money and, well, with Monochrome Mobius basically being Steam only in the west (and that's because they're simply adding the EN translation into the JP Steam release) we can kinda speculate on how it went for them

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.