Community MetaSteam September 2022 | You were expecting Kingdom Hearts, but it’s me Dio(field)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Man, no one is talking about Circus Electrique on either forum and I just don’t get it.
Zen Studios has been doing their very best to piss off as many PC gamers as possible with exclusivity deals and anti consumer nonsense for their recent games. I'm not surprised many people don't care about them anymore. CE would have been a day one purchase for me if it wasn't made by Zen and published by Saber.

Satori

Apr 5, 2022
Sweden
Zen Studios has been doing their very best to piss off as many PC gamers as possible with exclusivity deals and anti consumer nonsense for their recent games. I'm not surprised many people don't care about them anymore. CE would have been a day one purchase for me if it wasn't made by Zen and published by Saber.
They got embraced 2 years ago.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Old news. Has been on Steam since 2017.

(excellent pun aside, that's actually a decent game)
Yea but i wasn't talking about the western remake, i was talking about the original 1983 Visual Novel Everizingū released exclusively for the PC 6001 which sold 5 copies before it's rerelease as Everizingū ~ again ~ a year later which sold another 10

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Yea but i wasn't talking about the western remake, i was talking about the original 1983 Visual Novel Everizingū released exclusively for the PC 6001 which sold 5 copies before it's rerelease as Everizingū ~ again ~ a year later which sold another 10
Kidding aside, it would be neat if someone could work on getting some of those ancient 80s (non-IBM) PC games from Japan localised and released in some collection on Steam. Tons of gaming history pretty much unavailable on modern platforms, or to a wider audience.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Kidding aside, it would be neat if someone could work on getting some of those ancient 80s (non-IBM) PC games from Japan localised and released in some collection on Steam. Tons of gaming history pretty much unavailable on modern platforms, or to a wider audience.
Sadly, there's not much money to be made there. Most of the production companies has either gone bankrupt, defunct, or absorbed into larger corpos which doesn't care about their legacy titles. Even the fan translation scene is still very small for PC-88/PC-98. Even smaller is the number of individuals who worked on non-eroge titles. It's been years since we've heard anything from 46Okumen, for example.

Even the "best" example of a PC-98 title ported to Windows on Steam is a middling eroge, at best.

Frankly, the only way to avoid the loss of these titles is through seeding the NeoKobe archives for as long as you could, or donating your game copies to any game preservation foundation which will definitely look after the media.

In the meantime, Geofront has stepped up to the plate, at least.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Reflecting on how 'Live Service' games, adulthood and capitalism game has fucked with my ability to engage with 'regular' games.
Starting a new JRPG is something I have to plan weeks before hand, because I know I'll have an exposition dump on me that might last up to 5 hours and I'm not sure if my attention span with last that much. It's easier to drop on Fortnite or Apex.

I just noticed that 95% of my total game collection across all platforms is backlog.

That being said, lots of games are unnecessarily long. But then again, I probably have 1500 hours of Apex played, probs could have played half an Assassins Creed game.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
7 new pages in less than a day????
I'm not reading that... Can someone be a dear and give me an executive summary please.
  • SEGA announced Like a Dragon 8 (Yakuza 8) for 2024
  • Also announced a remake of Like a Dragon Ishin for February 2023
  • Also announced Like a Dragon Gaiden (Yakuza 6.5) for 2023
  • Also shadow dropped Judgment and Lost Judgment on Steam today
  • Squeenix announced Dragon Quest Adventure of Dai for Steam, Octopath Traveler 2, Triangle Strategy, Various Daylife
  • Bandai Namco announced Tekken 8 and Synduality
  • KT announced Atelier Ryza 3
  • Sims 4 base game is gonna become free in mid October
  • A bunch of steam store pages for upcoming games were added like Persona 5, Crisis Core FF7, Ryza 3, Like a Dragon Ishin, and others.

And probably more stuff that I may be forgetting.

Last edited:

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
You know I had to get that Judgment bundle. I've been hoping for a Steam release even after all the drama with Johnny's.

Now I am adding two more games to my massive pile of Yakuza games that I need to catch up on.

Working on Kiwami 1 right now.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
  • SEGA announced Like a Dragon 8 (Yakuza 8) for 2024
  • Also announced a remake of Like a Dragon Ishin for February 2023
  • Also announced Like a Dragon Gaiden (Yakuza 6.5) for 2023
  • Also shadow dropped Judgment and Lost Judgment on Steam today
  • Squeenix announced Dragon Quest Adventure of Dai for Steam, Octopath Traveler 2, Triangle Strategy, Various Daylife
  • Bandai Namco announced Tekken 8 and Synduality
  • KT announced Atelier Ryza 3
  • Sims 4 base game is gonna become free in mid October
  • A bunch of steam store pages for upcoming games were added like Persona 5, Crisis Core FF7, Ryza 3, Like a Dragon Ishin, and others.

And probably more stuff that I may be forgetting.

...So, from this I got: more Yakuza games, the constituency that has been waiting for Judgement must be besides themselves, and then literally I know nothing about any of the rest except Sims4, but I assume they're mostly JRPG's or anime and its likely why I have no idea what they are.
Thank you for also explaining for me why this thread exploded in the last couple days though, it's handy :)

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Just about one more hour to go now.

Here is what it looks like.

By the way it seems that Judgement is one of the games that they are showing off on it. There are images of other games that I am not familiar with, there as well.
---------

I'm guessing that SE is going to be working on a way to make it easier for FFXIV to work on the Steam Deck based of that image for it in the background.

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia

Steam deck booth looks great! Cool to see they are also showing compability with Hori third part controllers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit:

TGS Steam event page is up too!

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Steam deck booth looks great! Cool to see they are also showing compability with Hori third part controllers
I guess I was too slow this time.

Also it's worth nothing that they have a desktop area, but it looks like it's only for 2 people and every one else will be using it in portable mode.

They only get 15 minutes to try the device.

From my understanding the voice that they use for the intro video for the presentation is the same person that does the voice for the Nintendo Direct in Japan. But I could be wrong though.
----------

By the way it looks like SE, and SEGA plan to support the device.

It says that Sonic Frontier, and Forspoken will be Deck playable.

oipic

Resident Lurker
Sep 19, 2018
Right, I definitely need to get back to my Yakuza 0 playthrough...
I keep dipping in and out of Yakuza 0, and have loved every minute with it, but keep getting distracted by other shiny things - a lovely problem, but there are, of course, too many games.

With these Like a Dragon announcements, and Judgment hitting Steam as well, I now realise there's no way I'll realistically get through the whole series, which has been my long-term plan.

It really is a wonderful time to be into gaming - something for everyone, and so much of it.

• Comfy
Reactions: Tomasety and Kvik

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
We need to go bigger.

They plan to do more of these and so far another one by some one that works for ASCII will be doing it tomorrow (this person is more of a technical person, so think of The Phawx and Linus Tech Tips.)

PS former Valve Employee (one of their youngest ever at that) on Valves "infamous" lack of advertising at all

PS there have been a number of things announced at TGS that you guys have not shared yet some of which are mainly Visual Novels.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
--------

The line for the Steam Deck is pretty long from the looks of it. It may not seem that way from photos but that's because the line is actually at the back of the booth and then they guide them twords the front. The big empty space in the front serves as a gather spot to explain stuff to the guest before letting them run wild and trying the Steam Deck.

Is this a really weird format? Or has Nintendo done this in the past with their handhelds? I also just assumed that they had them anchored to a booth like 99% of game demos typically are, and this is why people are surprised when one of the people working the booth just hand one of the device to you and tell you to sit where ever you like.
Atlus' booth featuring some iconic demons from Persona series.

"Demons"
--------

Sorry everyone but Meta is now officially in TGS mode

Next up for the Steam Deck booth will be the creative director of Forspoken from SE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.