Community MetaSteam September 2022 | You were expecting Kingdom Hearts, but it’s me Dio(field)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
They've announced the date for the Genshin concert and it will be in a week (October 2nd).
Was already hyped, because Genshin concerts are great.
But I'm even more hyped now because one of the participating bands is BAND-MAID, who are basically my favorite band right now.
:blob_disco:

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Almost time for the charity stream to kick off! I kind of want to check out a few new releases at the start but we'll probably settle into a certain game or two eventually. And of course there's always the Jackbox idea that should be a fun time as well. :cuteblob:

We'll be starting in just about 20 minutes so feel free to stop by and hang out!

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I did my stupid, I really started Persona 4 Golden less than a month before 5 release
More or less 6 hours before you have full control of your decisions, this is still as insane as ever. I'm still less in love with the cast than in 3, too.

It plays great on Deck, to the point I'm beginning to think the Deck was made for Persona gaming. One smöl issue excepted...
Each time you trigger an all out attack the game drop a couple of frames on the animation. What should be a little joy, a stupid guilty gaming pleasure, drives me up the wall each time.

#GiveBackTheFrames
The All Out Attack stutter/lost frames is not a Deck-specific issue. Is a general problem with the PC version.

A small blight on an otherwise great port.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
because i am a student who lacks money, i am naturally very good with money
so i bought lost judgment for 52 euros, and now i have 32 euros left, i am supposed to have enough for travel next week (of which one travel back and forth costs 56), but that's a problem for future me

and i have to say, when i first loaded it up, it looked so weird, and i had no idea why, so i took a quick gander at the settings, and looked at the FSR, which i have usually turned on quality because it's free FPS a lot of the time, but as it turns out, the FSR was the reason for all of my problems:

if you take a look at this gif, it compares two screenshots; the first screenshot shows the game on high settings WITHOUT FSR, while the second one shows the game on same settings, but FSR 2.0 Quality - you can see that the game gets this unnatural, weird light-blue tint to it, the pavement + zebra crossing is a great example of how weird it looks

anyone else having this?

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Finished Soul Hackers 2 today (it's pretty good), now I'm straight on to Return to Monkey Island.

I'm only on Part I but the theme tune started playing and I immediately began grinning from ear-to-ear. I really, really love this series!

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Finished Soul Hackers 2 today (it's pretty good), now I'm straight on to Return to Monkey Island.

I'm only on Part I but the theme tune started playing and I immediately began grinning from ear-to-ear. I really, really love this series!
Just finished it yesterday. I hope you'll have as much fun with it as I did. Brilliant conclusion to the series.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Just finished it yesterday. I hope you'll have as much fun with it as I did. Brilliant conclusion to the series.
Conclusion?!

They're really finishing it here? I mean, I guess that's a thing that was bound to happen one of these days, but like Shenmue I've just conditioned my brain into thinking it'd never finish.

I don't know how to feel now. Monkey Island was such a big part of my childhood. Gonna be hard to say goodbye.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
----------

To add to this "corporate accounts" are kind of weird.

You look at Steam and it only really follows Valve stuff and the same goes for it's other accounts, they don't do the whole follow other people the same way that Xbox and PS do, Nintendo of America also does the same, Nintendo of Japan strictly follows Nintendo stuff.

This and the fact that Valve only post "change logs" and when stuff goes on sales, is why you don't have partners following that account.

None of that really matter but it is interesting to look at, also Le Pertti I'm guessing all those 4.7 million users that follow "Epic Game Store" are just too bost numbers since they are just following "Epic Games". They changed the name in order to make it look like the store is more popular than it actually is.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Conclusion?!

They're really finishing it here? I mean, I guess that's a thing that was bound to happen one of these days, but like Shenmue I've just conditioned my brain into thinking it'd never finish.

I don't know how to feel now. Monkey Island was such a big part of my childhood. Gonna be hard to say goodbye.
I mean, it's not a "end end", but it does provide a lot of closure while leaving the possibility of future games open.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and C-Dub

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I just fact check this and that is not true. Not unless they follow the topic and not the actual account which makes so sense.

Wheat if Epic just paid for this to serve as advertising?
Weird! Since I was looking at the “who to follow” section of twitter and that’s where they say steam ans valve follow egs, so strange that they would still show it

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
The re-release of Avatar looked so great in Dolby Cinema 3D. I might go see it again in IMAX 3D next Sunday.
ooooh, I did not know there was a re-release of Avatar. I love this movie, I watched it for like 4th time last year and it beautifully stands the test of time. Did they change anything in this release? Because I can't find any info on google.

• Eyes

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Motion sickness the game. My goodness, just the gif is making my head spin. o_O

Cyberpunk went from ~80k to 100k concurrent Monday to Saturday

today it peaked at 136k

weebs are so thirsty, my god :blobnoanime:
Happy to be part of this problem. Game is unironically great after all the patches, and it's a visual treat as well. :fingergunsblob:

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

Terra Invicta drops today and I have many questions.

It's from the team that brought The Long War mod to XCOM so they've got an impressive track record out of the gate. The demo also impressed but the UI felt a bit cumbersome.

Hope to see some impressions this week as good word of mouth could push me over the edge to check it out for myself.

Maybe I'll give the demo another spin as it's been a while.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
as rare, but guaranteed as a full and new moon, such is the moment of me typing with proper grammar and punctuation on the internet

Lost Judgment, Early Impressions, now in small text to not take up much space:

While the first game had two styles you could fight with, this sequel has reintroduced them alongside two new fighting styles (albeit one of the newer ones being apparently DLC?). The old fighting styles in question are "Tiger": A single-enemy focused style which focuses on being balanced, "Swan": A multiple-enemy focused fighting style that focuses on group control and AOE damage. The new ones being "Snake": A defensive fighting style which focuses on deflecting attacks, and the "Boxer" DLC style, an offensive style that focuses also on a single enemy, with focus on speed and power. Changing between these modes is very quick, unlike the previous game, making it easy to change between the styles mid-battle for a more variative experience. The new styles are also very nice, and offer a nice surprise for players from Judgment who were too familiar with it's system.

This leads us to our next segment; upgrading abilities. In the "Judgment" game, you could upgrade three different slots, which were Abilities (passive battle upgrades), Battle Skills (active battle upgrades to both styles), and Special Skills (varying non-battle skills). "Lost Judgment" revamped this system into more slots; In addition to Abilities and Special Skills, Battle Skills got revamped to non-style focused skills, and style focused skills. Ergo., there's one slot for general battle skills shared between all skills, and one slot for each and every fighting style there is. This has some good sides, such as players allowing players to specifically upgrade their favourite style over others as well as allowing the devs to give each style more moves to justify there being slots for them, but also the fact that you need way way way way way more SP (XP) to upgrade the styles.

In addition to all of those, the game also gives the player some general upgrades. Instead of just running around, the player can now use a skateboard to get around, albeit this is limited to roads and not pavements. First person mode can also be used for instantly changing between general inspecting, as well as camera mode. The NPCs are also way smarter this time, by following traffic laws such as waiting to cross the zebra crossing until there's a green light. Trust me, you have no idea how amazing this is.

Like almost absolutely every Yakuza game, as well as Judgment, the game starts off very slow with the story. The general trend of these games is that they start off slow, such as some crap like "oh no my students are getting bullied :(" to "UNCOVERING GOVERNMENT SECRETS THAT SHAKE THE ENTIRE COUNTRY (AND PROBABLY EVEN MORE) AS WE KNOW IT". Something to note is that the game starts off in Yokohama, which is bigger than Kamurocho, allows you to use the skateboard, and is generally more "open" than the latter.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
And today we learn that Steam's avaiability banner has no character limit and you can write an essay that covers the entire fucking embed.
Ironically, the whole part about them literally not even having the money to continue developing the game after checks notes the next 3 months?! is actually entirely cut off on the storepage itself.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com

Think I'll go back to Intel next year, since I need a new mobo anyway
Checking the video, AMD changed how boost works to be based on temperature instead of being based on power consumption.
So the CPU is designed to keep boosting until it reaches 95ºC, in the gamers nexus test it resulted in using 250W for the CPU alone... (Though when it comes to power consumption, Intel isn't much better nowadays, the 12900K also uses 240+W, and who knows how much the 13900K is gonna need).

• Eyes

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
So the CPU is designed to keep boosting until it reaches 95ºC, in the gamers nexus test it resulted in using 250W for the CPU alone
More than the whole power supply for my GTX 1060 laptop that can still charge it under full load :sweaty-blob:

• Eyes

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
More than the whole power supply for my GTX 1060 laptop that can still charge it under full load :sweaty-blob:
Checking ComputerBase, they did a few tests with power consumption limits (cooler Noctua NH-D15S):

7950X Default - 95.3ºC / 100% performance
142W limit - 73.9ºC / 95% performance
88W limit - 65.2ºC / 82% performance
65W limit - 60.1ºC / 69% performance
45W limit - 53.5ºC / 45% performance

If the power consumption limit can be set manually, if I were to get this CPU I probably would go for something between the 88 and 142W limits.
(Not that I'm getting this one, if the 12 core cpu, the 7900X gets a version with more cache in the future, a 7900X3D version, I'm thinking on getting that if its power consumption can be limited like as well).

• Eyes

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Sad to see increased power draw becoming the norm instead of decreased power draw. What hellscape are we in where node advancements are more harm than good? 😭

GPU draws need to be halved at least. And CPU's should go back to 70-90w ceilings. Is that too much to ask?

I'd be totally down for a gen of CPU/GPU that doesn't push the computing power much but instead refocuses on trying to obtain current best at half the power draw. Seems like lately the manufactures have lost the word "Efficiency."

Status
Not open for further replies.