Community MetaSteam September 2022 | You were expecting Kingdom Hearts, but it’s me Dio(field)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Lately I've been playing Divinity Original Sin 2 and I'm liking it quite a lot mainly for the way the combat works.
Imo it's one of the absolute best games ever made. The combat is second to none.
Just finished Guardians of the Galaxy and I've finally started Subnautica Below Zero properly. Also playing Little Orpheus, it's good but not great. Level design could be a lot tighter, lots of just running right while nothing happens.
I beat GotG last week and loved it. Really felt like I went on an adventure with this mischievous bunch of great characters.
Really wasn't expecting some of my favorite acting and writing in gaming going in. Fun combat too and the game looks great. Actually felt bad for just paying $6 for it when it was less than a year old.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I stop playing Tales of Arise because it got bit tiring, i finally decided to go back to Tales and i was doing great, enjoying it again aaaaand game slaps me again with high level area, like enemies 10 levels above me. Come on developers stop doing this. And i actually finished most of the side quests i got in the game. Now i am again thinking about putting game on ice for a bit, and it is sad because i am basically at the end.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
I bought NEO TWEWY on Switch and played it for half an hour or less... yeah I don't make sound purchasing decisions sometimes.

What's the consensus about the Souls Hackers 2 DLC dungeon? I should be done soonish with the main game (entered what seems to be the final dungeon and just beat my first Soul Floor 4). I like the game so far if a bit on the easy side (compared with SMT5).

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I bought NEO TWEWY on Switch and played it for half an hour or less... yeah I don't make sound purchasing decisions sometimes.

What's the consensus about the Souls Hackers 2 DLC dungeon? I should be done soonish with the main game (entered what seems to be the final dungeon and just beat my first Soul Floor 4). I like the game so far if a bit on the easy side (compared with SMT5).
Still haven't gotten that far.
What difficulty are you playing on?

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
I want to take a moment to go into further detail about the charity stream we'll be doing tomorrow. lashman has been so kind and helpful when it comes to quoting my previous posts and the streams so I'm sure most folks have seen a little about it at this point, but I haven't given a full rundown yet.

We're going to be raising money for The Trevor Project The Trevor Project | For Young LGBTQ Lives. Mental health is very important to me and given everything trans folks and the LGBTQ community in general has been put through in the past year alone I want to do what I can to help. I've mentioned I set the goal pretty low given that the channel is very tiny. So we'll be starting with a goal of $200 and will increase it little by little if needed.

I'm still in the process of figuring out some incentives for the stream so nothing is set in stone quite yet, though I do have three in mind. Two involve my pets and one involves a cat head/mask I own. The idea for the cat head is I'll attempt to play something difficult while wearing it, which for those that don't know that thing is almost impossible to see out of and it gives almost no peripheral vision.

And for anyone that hasn't seen my two usual co-hosts..

I'm hoping to have at least another one or two incentives ready by the time we start but we'll see.

Another thing I'd like to do if enough folks show up is to maybe take some time to play something like Jackbox with the chat. That way it's something with little to no barrier of entry and allows for several players.

The stream is set to start an hour earlier than usual and will go for at least five hours, possibly longer. I want to do what I can to make sure that initial goal of $200 is hit at the very least. And as I've mentioned before, bits and tips don't go toward the goal so in the event I do get any of those I'm going to do my best to keep track of it and I will donate that money as well.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
So, I finally caved. My PC has been GPU-less since August 15, and all useless Zotac has to say is my 3080 was "sent overseas for replacement", with no clear ETA. Those fuckers aren't seeing another cent from me ever again. :thinking-blob:

On the 40th day of my unwilling exile from PC gaming, I caught a deal (relatively speaking, PC stuff is expensive here) on a 3060-based laptop and pulled the trigger. AMD CPU (5600H), 16GB RAM, and a 3060 for a little over 1K USD - the screen is 1080p but the refresh is 240hz. I figure I can use this to play my PC games until my real PC comes back online, then use this new one as a road warrior/occasional work PC.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
writing this at 7 am, as i played Judgment all night to finish it, here's my review: easy 4.5/5

the game tops even a good amount of Yakuza games when it comes to quality

the gameplay suffers the same trend a lot of yakuza games have; it tends to be very slow at the beginning because you haven't unlocked the cool stuff, and so you're basically left with the basic combos here and there, but trust me, when you get into the game and learn how to use some of the mechanics such as Flux Fissure and/or Tiger Drop, the gameplay goes from "meh" to "i am literally Kenshiro"

the story itself can also be said the same for, but for a valid reason, as it's naturally slow to introduce the player into the settings, but the story really REALLY begins to take up several notches around 1/3rd into the game - the game probably peaks towards the final four chapters of the game (4 chapters out of 12 + finale), where shit REALLY hits the fan

in terms of side content however, i have to say it falls flat compared to the depthfulness we had in previous Yakuza games; while there were several mini games here and there, they didn't have any depth to it, such as the drone races, which felt very boring compared to the intensive storytelling with the small cars in yakuza 0

so in short, amazing story and gameplay, wish side content had more depth

i am about to pass out due to sleep want, but basically, it's a solid 4.5/5

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
writing this at 7 am, as i played Judgment all night to finish it, here's my review: easy 4.5/5

the game tops even a good amount of Yakuza games when it comes to quality

the gameplay suffers the same trend a lot of yakuza games have; it tends to be very slow at the beginning because you haven't unlocked the cool stuff, and so you're basically left with the basic combos here and there, but trust me, when you get into the game and learn how to use some of the mechanics such as Flux Fissure and/or Tiger Drop, the gameplay goes from "meh" to "i am literally Kenshiro"

the story itself can also be said the same for, but for a valid reason, as it's naturally slow to introduce the player into the settings, but the story really REALLY begins to take up several notches around 1/3rd into the game - the game probably peaks towards the final four chapters of the game (4 chapters out of 12 + finale), where shit REALLY hits the fan

in terms of side content however, i have to say it falls flat compared to the depthfulness we had in previous Yakuza games; while there were several mini games here and there, they didn't have any depth to it, such as the drone races, which felt very boring compared to the intensive storytelling with the small cars in yakuza 0

so in short, amazing story and gameplay, wish side content had more depth

i am about to pass out due to sleep want, but basically, it's a solid 4.5/5
I am just half-way through Chapter 6 and you have already finished the game. Geez. Yeah, really fun game. I enjoy the combat a lot.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I just opened my Souls Hackers 2 CE and well ...... I think ATLUS is full of Poop.

There is nothing on the CE that says for what console it's even for

So if it doesn't say what console it for, then why not just sell a PC CE as well?

They seem to be doing the same thing with P5R and shipping those separately and they still don't do a PC CE despite that.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I know we’re all going to be disappointed by AMD, but I really hope they deliver some high quality affordable GPUs.

I have a 3080 so I’m not even in the market for a GPU but I just find this trend concerning when I have an eye on upgrading in 3-4 years.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Is it me or talk about The Last of Us Part 1 died really fast? Did Sony overestimated demand for it? Price didn't help for sure. I hope that they don't expect huge sales on PC Day 1 if they keep that same price.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Is it me or talk about The Last of Us Part 1 died really fast? Did Sony overestimated demand for it? Price didn't help for sure. I hope that they don't expect huge sales on PC Day 1 if they keep that same price.
I mean, such a high price tag sure was one of the reasons but overall I think this was going mostly going to be bigger on PC as it's a new platform and we didn't have access to the original nor the second one (for what is worth, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Part 2 popping-up all the sudden with a new version and a PC port along the way)

But yeah, while it's doing ok, it's not really exploding in popularity nor anything, which I think it's normal considering this is just a remake of an already successful and well known game.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I mean, such a high price tag sure was one of the reasons but overall I think this was going mostly going to be bigger on PC as it's a new platform and we didn't have access to the original nor the second one (for what is worth, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Part 2 popping-up all the sudden with a new version and a PC port along the way)

But yeah, while it's doing ok, it's not really exploding in popularity nor anything, which I think it's normal considering this is just a remake of an already successful and well known game.
I think that they should have waited for the show and released both PS5 and PC version at the same time. But I guess they can do 30% off for the show and charge what they should have charged at launch.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Still haven't gotten that far.
What difficulty are you playing on?
Playing on Normal. Not playing a Megaten game on Hard, I learned my lesson.
Searched a bit about the DLC quality, seems to be an ok extra dungeon with nice boss fights. But I think I had my fill of SH2 - will finish the main game tonight and then move on.

L'ing my AO over here. Those prices. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Buy a 30 series card for half? Less than half that? LOL. Don't get scammed by Nvidia.
Nvidia can eff off. I will buy myself new IKEA furniture instead of the planned GPU upgrade. Steam Deck will be my main gaming platform unless I can get my hands on a used 3800 for <500 €.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I think that they should have waited for the show and released both PS5 and PC version at the same time. But I guess they can do 30% off for the show and charge what they should have charged at launch.
I think PS5 getting games before the PC version is just read meat for the fanbase to ease them into the idea of PC ports happening. It's a short-term temporary thing in my view. While I'm not sure they planned for the level of delay that Uncharted had (clearly that port got Iron Galaxy'd), I think these delays are somewhat artificial for now. There are also other aspects to it, as many of their studios have little or no PC development experience and their acquisition of Nixxes will start bearing a lot of fruit soon as they start getting involved earlier and earlier into the development of first party projects.

I think we'll see simultaneous releases on PC soon. They'll start with some lower profile games but eventually their big ticket stuff will be day and date. They just need to do it without pissing off their fanbse because the most vocal of fanboys are incredibly precious about this sort of thing, and Sony clearly doesn't want to rip the bandaid off with this like Microsoft did when Xbox first party came to PC.

Uncharted, Miles Morales and The Last of Us Part I mark the end of this wave of releases. The 2023 announcements will probably make up the next batch, and then after 2023's wave of releases we'll start to see games announced in mid-2023 onwards (E3-time, TGS-time and TGA-time) and the gap between PS5 and PC will begin to narrow rather quickly for this lot.

For me, I'm less concerned about timing of releases. I'm more interested in what they're bringing. Going forward the plan is clearly to have first party teams develop for both platforms simultaneously, with Nixxes providing support where they're needed. But Sony has a wealth of back catalogue content that they could get contract developers to work on porting. And with them pushing a cloud subscription service, I think they will want as many of their games running on generic PC hardware as possible, as that means they don't need to rely on old console hardware in server racks.

From the Nvidia leak, we know of a fair few games that are almost certainly in development at the very least:
  • Demon's Souls (my guess is Spring/Summer 2023)
  • Ghost of Tsushima (again, I guess Spring/Summer 2023)
  • Gran Turismo 7 (I don't know about whether this one will even release now, given the game's reception I think Sony might want to forget about this and move on to GT8)
  • Helldivers 2 (probably the first simultaneous PC/PS5 shipping game - my guess is Summer 2023)
  • Horizon: Forbidden West (I'm hoping for 2023 because I desperately want to play it, but I'm not sure how many games Sony wants to release in one year)
  • Ratchet & Clank (no idea with this one - do we even know if it's Rift Apart or the PS4 remake of the original?)
  • Returnal (early 2023)
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure (Spring 2023)
Five or six 2023 games seems like quite an ambitious slate. Release them two-to-three months apart and Sony will be making bank on PC all year round.

I think some people here have said Dreams is coming (Epic exclusive, so probably some years off before I'll even consider trying it) and Bloodborne is either their worst kept secret or a lot of people have been talking out of their arses for the longest time. If both are real that's two more to add to the list.

Hopefully once those lot above are out we'll start to see Sony dipping into the back catalogue more... here's what I'd like to see:
  • inFamous 1, 2, Festival of Blood, Second Son and First Light (PS3 and PS4 ports)
  • Killzone 1, 2, 3 and Shadow Fall (PS2, PS3 and PS4 ports)
  • LittleBigPlanet of some variety (probably a PS4 version)
  • Gravity Rush 1 & 2 (PS4 ports)
  • The Last Guardian (PS4 port)
  • Shadow of the Colossus (PS4 port)
  • LocoRoco 1 & 2 Remastered (PS4 port)
  • Resogun (PS4 port)
  • Tearaway Unfolded (PS4 port - not sure how this might work on Xbox controllers or keyboard/mouse, and I don't see Sony requiring a game use a DS4 or DualSense)
  • Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4 port - why they didn't port these first, I'll never know)
  • Until Dawn (PS4 port)
  • Patapon 1 & 2 Remastered (PS4 port)
  • WipEout Omega Collection (PS4 port)
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita port - will need the controls re-jigging, but I don't expect it'd be too difficult)
  • Freedom Wars (Vita port)
  • ICO (PS2/PS3 port)
  • Puppeteer (PS3 port - criminally underrated game, and a shame it is stuck on PS3)
  • Ratchet & Clank (all games in the series, so PS2, PSP, PS3, PS4 and PS5 ports)
  • Sly Cooper (all games in the series, so PS2 and PS3 ports)
I know a lot of these are pipe dreams, but can't a guy dream?

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I stop playing Tales of Arise because it got bit tiring, i finally decided to go back to Tales and i was doing great, enjoying it again aaaaand game slaps me again with high level area, like enemies 10 levels above me. Come on developers stop doing this. And i actually finished most of the side quests i got in the game. Now i am again thinking about putting game on ice for a bit, and it is sad because i am basically at the end.
Is that a cave with green lighting? It's an optional dungeon.

The final dungeon is also long as fuck. Be mentally prepared for it (if you decided to continue playing

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Observations: MW2 is doing extremely well on Steam despite the shitty pricing, now Im curious if MS is needed to get Tony Hawk and Crash 4 on Steam or Acti does it themself.

FIFA 23 should handily beat all previous FIFA CCU on launch.

Slime Rancher 2 is doing extremely well despite of being on game pass.

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
I would love Siren: Blood Curse PS3 port on PC, (it was overlooked cause chapter release format but was very good remake) and would be good time when Toyama’s new game (slitterhead) is released.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Is that a cave with green lighting? It's an optional dungeon.

The final dungeon is also long as fuck. Be mentally prepared for it (if you decided to continue playing
Nah i did ordinary enemies in cave without an issue and left boss for bit later. But final part of the game has enemies like 10 levels above me. My party is like Level 45 and first enemy encounter is with enemies Level 53.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Playing on Normal. Not playing a Megaten game on Hard, I learned my lesson.
Searched a bit about the DLC quality, seems to be an ok extra dungeon with nice boss fights. But I think I had my fill of SH2 - will finish the main game tonight and then move on.

Nvidia can eff off. I will buy myself new IKEA furniture instead of the planned GPU upgrade. Steam Deck will be my main gaming platform unless I can get my hands on a used 3800 for <500 €.
I'm playing on hard and it feels ideal, about on par for what you'd expect on normal from most SMT games.
I bought the version with the dlc included and think it's a nice addition to the game, it's like a separate storyline that runs parallel to the main plot with several quests that unlock as you progress.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I finished it last week and there is nothing interesting to talk about. It's the exact same game from 2013, but with a graphics facelift. I'm sure it'll look great on PC with max settings. I guess I wonder if it could run on Steam Deck. The cutscenes look incredible, but the real time sections aren't that impressive. I reckon it could do okay at 720p with minimum settings and a 30 FPS limit, but I'm not technically minded enough to know that for sure.

And the game will probably sell (relatively) poorly on PC if they go with the $70 price tag. Key sites will knock that down to $55ish, but even then I think that's a hard ask.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I would love Siren: Blood Curse PS3 port on PC, (it was overlooked cause chapter release format but was very good remake) and would be good time when Toyama’s new game (slitterhead) is released.
That game was great, yet another gem stuck on the PS3 along with Puppeteer, Rain, Folklore, Tokyo Jungle and so many others.
A lot of people don't realize what an incredible library that system had.
Most people already played it. The game is 9 years old and never really left the zeitgeist, aside from gawking over the graphics there's really not much to talk about and the price certainly didn't help.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
2,7 go of patch for The Outbound Ghost. The shitshow seems to continue steadily. The plan right now is to wait until the patching from hell stops and try to see if the game has gone through the QA it needed before release.
This is a small team, maybe one dev not sure, but it sure as fuck feels like it was released with the smallest of testing beforehand.

2.7 GO :shlooter:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I did my stupid, I really started Persona 4 Golden less than a month before 5 release
More or less 6 hours before you have full control of your decisions, this is still as insane as ever. I'm still less in love with the cast than in 3, too.

It plays great on Deck, to the point I'm beginning to think the Deck was made for Persona gaming. One smöl issue excepted...
Each time you trigger an all out attack the game drop a couple of frames on the animation. What should be a little joy, a stupid guilty gaming pleasure, drives me up the wall each time.

#GiveBackTheFrames

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I did my stupid, I really started Persona 4 Golden less than a month before 5 release
More or less 6 hours before you have full control of your decisions, this is still as insane as ever. I'm still less in love with the cast than in 3, too.

It plays great on Deck, to the point I'm beginning to think the Deck was made for Persona gaming. One smöl issue excepted...
Each time you trigger an all out attack the game drop a couple of frames on the animation. What should be a little joy, a stupid guilty gaming pleasure, drives me up the wall each time.

#GiveBackTheFrames
Reminds me of the stutter during battles in Soul Hackers 2. Drives me insane. Every attack causes a drop in the frame-rate.
Used reshade to inject SMAA and it looks so much better.
Just wish I could get rid of those drops.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Looks like it still works and this is what we observed:

-Looks like this will still update from Sunday to Sunday.
-It removes F2P/MTX/DLC from the chart and puts only full transactions inside.
-SKU duplication is gone, or at least that's what it looks like from MW2.
-There might be a de-sync with Steam given the change of day, but in general it seems to make sense?

Last week:

Status
Not open for further replies.