Community Microsoft E3 2019 Conference | BELIEVE. IN. PHIL. SPENCER.

Did Phil Spencer deliver?

• Yes!

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Kinda...

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • That guy with the beard was the real mvp

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
well I caught up on this after getting home from seeing John Wick 3, lol. Having Keanu in Cyberpunk is a hilarious move. I hope its good and not wasted.

PSO2 is weird and strange to bring out.
Some good looking games coming in 2020.

Reactions: ISee and lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I like what I saw but the Scarlet trailer really made me smile. It's that time of the year again when we pretend the PC doesn't exist.

Unprecedented framerates up to 120fps! 4K, hardware-raytracing for the first time ever!

Yeah, it's always a bit grating :p.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I enjoyed the PR for the most part.
My personal highlight was the PC Pass available now for 1€ announcement, metro exodus is included.
They showed off many cool looking, smaller games like 12 minutes, but Gears5 was a let down. It tried way to hard to be cool.
The cyberpunk trailer + Keanu combo made up for that big time though.
Scarlett announcement was a big nothing, for me.
Zen2, we already knew that.
gDDR6 is expected, but how much is the important detail (though it's too early for that!)
SSD? Cool, but PCI-E 4?, Sata? NVMe?
Never before seen 120 FPS? Seriously?

still, as said I had fun watching it. 8/10

Reactions: InquisitorAles

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Was hoping little more next-gen from the show but it was alright! Some nice surprises, like Keanu, Double Fine and even though I don't play Forza that Lego stuff was quite something.XD

Anyone else not that impressed with the Wasteland III reveal? Style has changed an awful lot since the Stasis /Cayne styled art demo.
My thoughts were "this can't be wasteland 3 can it, please?"XD

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Anyone else not that impressed with the Wasteland III reveal? Style has changed an awful lot since the Stasis /Cayne styled art demo.
Yeah it was awful. I thought it was gonna be a trailer for a new indie tower defense game or something.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
InXile was never great at producing assets to modern standards in WL2 already, this is more of the same :/.

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
Glad that i skipped MS conf, judging by the news.
Too bad that football game that i watched was not a lot of better lol
PS - $180 for fucking gamepad is ridiculous.

Last edited:

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Game pass PC was the MVP for me. Was a little interesting seeing Metro Exodus have an extremely brief command prompt start up when I first ran it.

Kinda just rolled my eyes at the console specs because we're just gonna get more games trying to hit 40k at 30fps while looking more pretty. I don't care how powerful your console is. What I did like hearing about was the backward compatability.

New elite controller might be nice... on sale.

Reactions: InquisitorAles

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Game pass PC was the MVP for me. Was a little interesting seeing Metro Exodus have an extremely brief command prompt start up when I first ran it.
Can you do me a favor and check if Metro Exodus is a win32 game with unencrypted game files? 🙏

Aelphaeis Mangarae

MetaMember
Apr 21, 2019
I think it was overall a pretty... alright show. PC Game Pass announcement was done really well. They had some solid stuff in multiple genres to showcase. Great to see Flight Simulator. Stuff like BW should be really cool. It was a good lineup. Where I think the show fell a bit short was that it really should have featured live gameplay of Halo: Infinite. There should have been more gameplay all round. There was an awkward amount of CG on that stage. Now CG trailers have their purpose but they don't sell the game the same way that seeing it in the flesh does. It was bizarre that we got a flashy CG story trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 instead of actual gameplay, for example. That does not inspire confidence that development is going smoothly, guys. They should have at least teased some of the stuff people have been wondering about like Age of Empires 4, Fable 4, Perfect Dark, etc.

The show being 90 minutes had this feeling of stuff being held back for Inside Xbox and also Gamescom in a few months. For example, there is Backwards Compatibility news coming on Inside Xbox. Why wasn't it on the stage today? Campaign footage of Gears 5. Also not on the stage.