Community MMOs and not so MMOs news, updates, and discussions | Ain't nobody got time for that?

MMO role that defines you

• Total voters

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Ascheroth xinek Kal1m3r0 Looks like there's a couple of us in EU waiting to see where to go.

I just fired up Lost Ark before i go to sleep but the only servers available in Central Europe were:
Brelshaza
Antares
Thaemine
Inanna
Mokoko - Only one marked "Good" the others were marked "Busy".

I think it only really impacts Guild events and activities but it would be nice to meet up with some Meta folks.
I'm off to watch a stream before sleep so i'll check again in the morning.

Reactions: Kal1m3r0

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Okay, so this early in the morning (here) all of the Europe servers except Kadan and Zinnervale are good, so not a good time to make a decision, lol.
I'll wait until some more people are awake before committing I guess, but I did make a character already (saved the appearance and came up with a name that is still free at this moment 🤞 )

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I have my incredibly high level char (11) on Spectrum or whatever it is.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Well I can switch if everyone else is on Sceptrum 🙈 . I went Mokoko since Ed mentioned almost all the other servers were locked yesterday night and I assumed that would happen quickly today too.

Last edited:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Yeah, seems like they unlock them depending on time, dunno if there will be queues there though, early morning is not the most problematic.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Yeah, seems like they unlock them depending on time, dunno if there will be queues there though, early morning is not the most problematic.
Yeah, but once you have a character on a server you can get in anytime (maybe with queues though), so it probably won't be that bad.
So if you and thekeats1999 already have chars on Sceptrum, then I guess I'll just go there too and hopefully by the time EdwardTivrusky wakes up it's still open :p

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
I'm making an account with a couple of friends and we have no preference, we go to Sceptrum then?

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Just woke up, going to make a coffee and some cereal and see if anyone has made a decision but it's looking like Sceptrum if it's open at the moment.
( though i do like the name Mokoko and Inanna makes me think of Hololive Ina, lol )

I just want to get in and claim my bottom tier founders pack by monday so i can get the extras for a new char if we do move server.
Next up, what chars you all playing? My instinct is pulling me towards Bard as i tend to go for support chars as they are usually understaffed and can find spots but if there's other more "fun" classes i might switch.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Yeah Sceptrum being full is what I feared.
I played a bit there now, but I also don't mind going back to Mokoko.
Or we hope Sceptrum opens up again soon-ish :grimacing-face:

Next up, what chars you all playing? My instinct is pulling me towards Bard as i tend to go for support chars as they are usually understaffed and can find spots but if there's other more "fun" classes i might switch.
Made a Scrapper. Feels very satisfying to just explode a mob group with big punches :evilblob:

Last edited:
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
okay, i'll fire up Lost Ark in a bit and see if Mokoko or whatever is available.

edit: Am i a bad person for laughing at like 50% of the Lost Ark angry posts at the moment? It's like these people have never been in on a big game launch MMO or not. lol. I assume a lot of these people are young, bless 'em. When it comes to big games and especially MMO launches - "This is the way." lol.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Yeah, I don't expect an MMO launch to be smooth, lol.
Their server locking is a bit annoying for coordinating though.

Also, I'll tag Kal1m3r0 just in case, Mokoko it seems to be now (unless you can get in to Sceptrum I guess)

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Wow, i just managed to snag another Founders Pack code from Amazon!
After they unveiled the new post-launch packs that people were not that iompressed with someone said Amazon still had codes so i checked just for a look. I had the page open last night and forgot, saw it this morning and went "sod it, let's go" tried the "1-click purchase" just in case it worked and yup. It says unavailable when i go to the page the order links to but i have a Steam Code copy/pasted into notepad here.

I've pulled up pictures of my XCX & Code Vein characters and will see if i can recreate them in LA.
Don't forget to post your characters in the Custom Character thread!

edit:
also if you have Prime you can get stuff by linking your character here: Prime Gaming
There's also the other stuff you get for watching Twitch streams but i think that ends soon - Twitch Drops | Lost Ark - Free to Play MMO Action RPG

Reactions: Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Hm, I think Sceptrum might actually be open again, currently.
(God that server closing/opening is annoying)

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
EU totally full, all 20 servers lol. Keep getting "Cannot connect to server"
Sceptrum had a 10k queue and a message saying i may not be able to create a character even when i do connect. wtf?

I may select it and sit in the queue anyway. Curse me for being too busy and tired after work to deal with all this in pre-launch.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
EU totally full, all 20 servers lol. Keep getting "Cannot connect to server"
Sceptrum had a 10k queue and a message saying i may not be able to create a character even when i do connect. wtf?

I may select it and sit in the queue anyway. Curse me for being too busy and tired after work to deal with all this in pre-launch.
Yeah, everything is totally full.
I don't think Amazon/Smilegate expected this amount of popularity, lol.

Game has just had the #2 all-time peak and it's still rising.

I'm just gonna continue tomorrow morning when things are less busy again, probably on Sceptrum though. I basically made the exact same character on both servers, but I like the name I chose on Spectrum a tiny bit more.
Also Mokoko chat is like 90% people shouing MOKOKO!!!! at each other, feels... interesting :grimacing-face:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Yay time to play, 8000+ queue.

And I play Wardancer, I like Soulfist too but it's a bit complicated for a first char.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
#975 in queue on Sceptrum with apparently no guarantee i can make a char when i get in.
Currently watching some random Lost Ark videos while i wait for Ami's Karaoke to start in an hour or so.

That last video has to be good it has POG in the id.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
#492 now! Dropped 500 in the time it took me to go and get a glass and stuff to make an iced coffee.
Fingers crossed indeed.

edit: #399!

I'm in and at Character Creator, o, this may take some time. Ended up choosing Mage and now have to choose between two of the Random Presets i generated by mashing Randomize a bunch of times and that look ace or making them look like Fauna or Ami.

Might make them look like Gandalf if i can, lol.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Nice! Not sure how things work here with friend requests and such, but my character on Sceptrum is called Shentis.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Dammit, i keep making a character, saving it, hitting randomize a few times and getting another great looking char! Madness.
I think i'm going to pick a number, hit random that many times, make a couple of changes and be done with it or i WILL be here forever.

edit: Made my character, got to the main screen and wished i'd chosen a different random appearance, oh well. I then got confused because the main screen said "Trixion" which is a different EU server and also had "Powerpass" above my character... so i clicked the "Server" button and i'm back in the queue! DOH!
At least i can see my character is on Sceptrum and now to find out what this Powerpass thing is and how to collect my Founder's stuff.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I'm in and finally playing for a bit before i log out and go to sleep. Maybe.
Whooo, i'd forgotten how dense with systems MMO and MMO-type games can be.
Glad there's a prologue so i can work out what is what and what attacks/skills to use when.

Though it does make me really homesick for Eorzea tbh.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I'm just gonna continue tomorrow morning when things are less busy again
Ha, things were less busy but they're doing maintenance for Europe servers in the morning, so you still can't play :steam_pigblanket:

What a confusing timeslot to pick.
Hopefully this means that things will be better going forward at least 🤞

Edit: Servers back up! One hour sooner than they anticipated. Neat.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I just did the Morai Ruins dungeon (level 20). Really impressive presentation and cutscenes.

And here's a totally unrelated photo with my char and her pet rabbit.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I just did the Morai Ruins dungeon (level 20). Really impressive presentation and cutscenes.

And here's a totally unrelated photo with my char and her pet rabbit.
Is the rabbit from one of the founder's packs ?

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Is the rabbit from one of the founder's packs ?
Nah it's the pet you get for free.

There's 2 more pets you can get for "watching" some twitch-streams. (I have it open in a 2nd browser that is muted on the 2nd monitor"

A fox

And some chocobo-like bird

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
You can have cross-server chat though it seems but i'll need to check that and find out how to set it up.
It'd be nice to have a Meta-Chat channel.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So, got about 4 or 5 hours in on Lost Ark. Enjoying the game so far. Queue was about 4,500 when I joined but took about 30 to 60 minutes to log in. Better than the Endwalker queues at the time.

Not on at the moment so can't do Friend Requests at the moment. But I am on Spectrum and my character is Isheanne and is a Gunslinger (will show this on the friend request).

I like the way they handle dungeons in the game, seems very solo friendly. In fact I did the first three dungeons solo before I realised that they where actual dungeions. Did what I consider to be the first proper dungeon solo (litterally just walked in). Then re-ran it with a mate and the main difference appears to be the boss gets a HP buff.

Outside of that grabbed my second pet (I got a cat with the founders pack) as part of the quest system and also a couple of cards as well. I think I am not too far off leaving the starter area.

Great game so far.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
If I decide to play it I will try Sceptrum like several here, but the server status page isn't giving me much hope.
And friend list is server specific ? What on earth !

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Yeah, the server system is shitty.
At least almost nothing is locked today... but the queues are frustrating.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
New Europe Region being created. Much like the US is split in two,so will Europe servers.

Reactions: thekeats1999

SkyStarblaze

Starlit Entity
Aug 20, 2020
Honestly Lost Ark makes me appreciate FFXIV even more than I already do. I very much prefer the combat system of Lost Ark but for the rest I personally like FFXIV much much more. I've yet to care about anything related to Lost Ark's world or characters, it all feels very bland and generic :/

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
It will FFXIV for me tonight.

Just tried to start the log in process early for Lost Ark so that it might get logged in before too long. Instead I get a Heavy Traffic error before even choosing a server. So, with being in the office the rest of the week, I probably won't get back in till the weekend or new servers go online. Whichever comes first.

At least it means that I am not tempted to buy a glamour pack (doesn't help that all the various currencies are confusing as fuck and each different glamour seems to use a different currency).

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Damn, i got in instantly earlier. This is EU so idropped my plans and started playing!
I was hoping for a queue so i could make some food and a coffee but nope. So nutty snacks and fruit drinks it is for a little while.

Reactions: thekeats1999

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Damn, i got in instantly earlier. This is EU so idropped my plans and started playing!
I was hoping for a queue so i could make some food and a coffee but nope. So nutty snacks and fruit drinks it is for a little while.
Yeah, I started it up straight after work and was prepared to wait for ages, but also got in instantly.
I feel like we lucked out with Sceptrum all things considered, it seems to be a lot worse on other servers.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
That's so weird. They really need to sort their servers out :/

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Yeah, a mate i play with got straight on. But myself and another mate just keep hitting 10027 errors. All of this withing 10 minutes of each other.