Community Movies/Shows you have seen recently or looking forward to...

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Currently watching Anthony Hopkins Hannibal movies, currently on Hannibal.

After those I will do The Pianist (wanted to watch it for a long time).

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Well, 12 angry men was masterful storytelling, acting and pacing. I can't believe how much mileage they milked out of that set!

Reactions: Tizoc

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Watched the new JU-ON: Origins series on Netflix and it was really good. Very scary and a lot more violent than I thought it would be.

Six quick episodes only like 26 min each. They were able to cover a lot of characters in that short time too. Fuck that house and that curse :(

Also that 4th episode was something straight out of Kojima's PT 😱

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Watched The Pianist. Damn good, but sad movie showing how horrific the jews were treated. Adrien Brody was outstanding. Wanted to punch some nazis when the credits started rolling.

Just hate it's Roman Polanski who directed it due to his history of sexual assaults.

Reactions: Stevey

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
I am interested in the remake of the UK series Utopia by Amazon:

I expect it will be disappointing. At least this teaser doesn't look like the original series.
But maybe they can put their own spin on it.

For those of you who don't know the original Utopia series - you should really try to watch it.
It may not be for everyone, but it is really special.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

EdwardTivrusky

See You Hyper-Toxic Computer Cowboy
Dec 8, 2018
Seconded, the original Utopia certainly goes places. I started rewatching it on Prime last week but need to pick it up again.
I'm curious but expecting to be disappointed by the Amazon version.

Reactions: Pommes

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Really into chrime thrillers these days. Recently finished The Outsider on HBO which was great (based on a novel by Stephen King) and currently on the second season of The Sinner on Netflix (watched the first season a while ago).

Reactions: Pommes

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
So I just finished Mr. Robot and loved every second of it. It was really refreshing to see a hacker in a TV show that isn't you're typical hollywood, speed hacker, 1000 words per minute keyboard mashing nerd.

Anyone can recommend similarly thrilling TV shows?

Pretty LTTP but started watching Peaky Blinders and its pretty good! Only on the second episode so I hope it holds well through the series:
I'm almost finished with Season 3 and it dropped off a bit from 1 + 2 but nonetheless it's still pretty exciting.

The men in the show all have crazy good haircuts so I went to a barber and showed him a picture of Cillian Murphy. Needless to say I didn't look quite as good :p

Reactions: Pommes and Monooboe

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
Umbrella Academy S2 comes out tomorrow and its been getting good reviews. I enjoyed the first season so im sure ill binge this over the weekend

Tizoc

Profit Seeking Vile Enabler
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Just a ehads up that the new Transformers animated series is now up on Netflix and this is more of a PG-13 affair due to the violence but it is quite good from what I've seen of Episode 1.

Do give it a watch if you can spare the time

adds other shows mentioned here to the ever growing 'to watch list'