Community Movies/Shows you have seen recently or looking forward to...

Mar 1, 2019
Haunting of Bly Manor: 6/10

Too long, too much uninteresting drama. Even the show itself agrees during the last episode that this isn't really a ghost or horror story, but a bunch of love stories gone wrong. The show lacks focus, and it repeats the same themes until boredom starts setting in.

The idea itself is okay, should have been 4-5 episodes max.

The part with the most tension was the epilogue.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
Haunting of Bly Manor: 6/10

Too long, too much uninteresting drama. Even the show itself agrees during the last episode that this isn't really a ghost or horror story, but a bunch of love stories gone wrong. The show lacks focus, and it repeats the same themes until boredom starts setting in.

The idea itself is okay, should have been 4-5 episodes max.

The part with the most tension was the epilogue.
to be fair though it really shouldnt have taken you until the last episode to figure out it wasnt a horror like hill house. once i realized it was going to be a gothic romance it was fine. yes like most people i would have preferred a more hill house type show but id give it 7/10.

Reactions: lashman
Mar 1, 2019
to be fair though it really shouldnt have taken you until the last episode to figure out it wasnt a horror like hill house. once i realized it was going to be a gothic romance it was fine. yes like most people i would have preferred a more hill house type show but id give it 7/10.
Didn't take me that long and even from the aspect of a romance drama: it was barely moving forward, barely any character developments, treating a lot of dead water.
It's just not good, no matter from what side I look at it.

Monooboe

0,40% PC Gamer
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
perttiteurajarvi.com
Got to episode 3 of Lovecraft Country and not sure what to think, the series doesn't have one story it follows? Really not in the mood for a "monster of the week" kind of thing. Those of you who have seen it, what's up?

Mar 1, 2019
The new Borat movie felt a lot more scripted. Looked to me like many people were following loose guidelines. Mabe that was also the case with the first one, but I didn't notice it? Some people didn't see it coming at all though, like scumbag Giuliani.

Overall, I agree it was all right. Unfortunately, the parts that made me really laugh were all during the first couple of minutes. The rest was more of "shocking" nature. There were some uncomfortable scenes, which is fine just not funny to me.

Monooboe

0,40% PC Gamer
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
perttiteurajarvi.com
Altered Carbon is incredibly good, but it's also deeply depressing. It's hard to watch more than a little bit at a time, especially with my RL being rather hard and re-traumatizing :(.
I was also watching it in a rough period back when. I honestly don't remember anything from the series, but think it was good escape. Tried watching the second season and just couldn't get into it at all.

Reactions: Swenhir

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
Got to episode 3 of Lovecraft Country and not sure what to think, the series doesn't have one story it follows? Really not in the mood for a "monster of the week" kind of thing. Those of you who have seen it, what's up?
i still have the last episode to watch but i didnt really think of this as a monster of the week type thing. the show definitely has some weird/crazy endings though.

overall i thought it was good. not the best hbo has done but i feel we dont get a ton of "genre" shows so gotta enjoy them while we can

Mar 1, 2019
I can't believe I'm saying this, but after Season 2 of Altered Carbon. Do not miss the Anime Movie: Altered Carbon Resleeved.
Not as good as the show itself and a bit over the top (as all anime), but I think you'll enjoy it.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Looks like Netflix is bumping up prices in the US by a few bucks for the 2 high tiers.

I expect most of the streaming services to slowly increase in price over the next year. I hope as a result they are able to start buying up some of the bigger films while Covid is killing the theater.

I loved just being able to watch Borat 2 at home. (Funny ass film btw)

I hope they do the same with the new Bond, Wonder Woman 1984 etc. Also they need to hurry up and put Tenet on some streaming service already. Really want to see it :coffee-blob:

Reactions: ISee ๐Ÿ‘€

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
So, uh, I devoured Altered Carbon Season 1. Depressing, but way too good not to binge. Season 2 is still interesting but it feels rather removed from how brilliant Season 1 was. Twists are hamfisted instead of subtle and well-paced, I'm really not super fond of it so far.

I could also swear Poe's voice is different. Maybe it's the sound processing but it has lost that suave, silky smoothness and is now oddly crisp and sandy. His acting comes across as forced, too.

Reactions: ISee ๐Ÿ‘€

Panda Pedinte

Banned
Sep 20, 2018
I recently watched Lady Bird and I enjoyed it a lot but I'm not surprised as I tend to like those movies with a more mundane setting.

So, uh, I devoured Altered Carbon Season 1. Depressing, but way too good not to binge. Season 2 is still interesting but it feels rather removed from how brilliant Season 1 was. Twists are hamfisted instead of subtle and well-paced, I'm really not super fond of it so far.

I could also swear Poe's voice is different. Maybe it's the sound processing but it has lost that suave, silky smoothness and is now oddly crisp and sandy. His acting comes across as forced, too.
I enjoyed both seasons but I'm very easy to please regarding series.