Community Movies/Shows you have seen recently or looking forward to...

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
I HAVE NEVER FORGOTTEN!!!

Started watching Star Trek: The Next Generation, and Lovecraft Country. I'm about 5 episodes into TNG, and half way through LC. they're both great.

Reactions: Tizoc and lashman

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
A question to all movie collectors: do you keep the cardboard sleeve? I've recently gotten 2 films and just tossed the sleeves because they weren't fully closed and the flaps were annoying me more than anything. What do you guys do?

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018

I've never watched the Paddington movies, but I should at some point.
this is great news, and it's a good idea to watch them sooner than later.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Y'all can keep your direct, more cartoon goodness gives me life

I thought they cancelled infinity train?

Also I finally watched the last Star Wars movies and it was not as bad as people said it was. episode 8 was bad but Episode 9 was "okay".

For episode 8 I felt like it was just so dumb.

With episode 9 the movie does have issues mainly it's pacing, it's just way to fast with how they move from place to place without giving you time to take it all in.

Also I called it!!!!!!! Finn just became another Mako from Korra...... The writing was on the wall.

At the end of the movie I just felt like sure, why not. With how it ended.

In the new trilogy there were some interesting ideas but also some bad ones. Character wise I didn't care for a lot of the characters but I was able to at least tolerate them.

Also when thinking back to Jar Jar and with Rose I'm guessing that after the threats from fans latter movies only had those characters for small scenes rather than whole scenes with a lot of verbal.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
----

I need help looking for a twitter account.

I'm not sure if something happened but there was this one person that would post about animated stuff, like cartoons.

The had a Nickelodeon slime like profile with a little mic.

Also I have been watching Infinity Train. I liked Season 1 but season 2 has just been very bad. I don't like the cast. I am still going to see how things go with the end of season 2 and also with season 3 but as of right now it really feels like they should have just ended it at season 1.

Kuroyume

Spokes for the Wheel of Torment
Oct 21, 2018
Godzilla: King of Monsters - Just garbage. Godzilla 2014 wasn't perfect but I liked it. It had really long boring stretches and few Godzilla scenes, but I don't ever recall cringing while watching it. And it featured good acting in it. This sequel is like they decided to add more (and longer) Kaiju fights but then dropped a giant turd on everything else. Bad '90s action movie dialogue... Like the worst cringe I've heard in a movie in a long time. Bad acting. Dumb plot. It's basically Armageddon with giant monsters. I only managed to get through it because I loved the destruction and fight scenes. They were bad ass.

Doctor Sleep - Loved most of it. Kinda fell apart at the end. Felt the atmosphere and look of the final location could have been handled better to make it spookier. Also the CG was bad in some scenes. That aside, it was a fun movie to watch. I was surprised by the brutality in one particular scene.

Us - Nice atmosphere. Comedy was fun in a few scenes. However, the kills could have been way more creative. Memorable acting by Lupita.

Reactions: dummmyy

Tizoc

Vile Enabler
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Reactions: dummmyy and yuraya

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

So we are getting a 4 hour Justice League Snyder cut in March

And then a 2.5 hour Zombie heist film with Bautista from Snyder as well in May. This guy is fucking crazy.

I really hope both are good.

Also with Dota anime and now Army of the dead..I am definitely signing back up for Netflix. Haven't had a sub in a long while still need to watch new season of Ozark too.

Reactions: Prodigy

Paul

Jan 26, 2019
Started Mr. Robot, halfway through S2 now.

I appreciate its accuracy in depicting hacking and like its soundtrack, but the story is not super engaging and the characters are not particularly likeable/interesting either. I will probably finish it, but I do hope it improves.

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
Started Mr. Robot, halfway through S2 now.

I appreciate its accuracy in depicting hacking and like its soundtrack, but the story is not super engaging and the characters are not particularly likeable/interesting either. I will probably finish it, but I do hope it improves.
its been a while but i seem to recall S2 being a bit of a letdown after S1 but then S3 got super strong again. id stick it out.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Yeah you weren't kidding, episodes 5,6,7 were super strong indeed
I found the show to be incredible, especially when taken as a whole. Season 2 is definitely the weakest season though.
It's great to see a show though written and directed by one person, has a singular vision from Sam.
Certain episodes are masterclass in filmaking, from an entire episode being a one shot, episode having no dialogue, episode
done in the format of a play etc... some of the acting in the final season is amazing as well. Really worth finishing the show.

Can't wait to see his Battlestar Galactica after his directing for Mr Robot.

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
NOMADLAND is very good! Frances McDormand is SO good in it. Also very good were all the other characters, played by actual "nomads". Made me pensive about a lot of things: loss, fringe-living, traveling. I also watched Dead Man, which was amazing. I got the Dead Man, Polyester, Silence of the Lambs and The Elephant Man in the recent Criterion Sale. I love all of the physical copies. I haven't bought physical copies of films in quite a while, so they were nice to look at when they came in the mail.