Community Movies/Shows you have seen recently or looking forward to...

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
I HAVE NEVER FORGOTTEN!!!

Started watching Star Trek: The Next Generation, and Lovecraft Country. I'm about 5 episodes into TNG, and half way through LC. they're both great.

Reactions: Tizoc and lashman

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
A question to all movie collectors: do you keep the cardboard sleeve? I've recently gotten 2 films and just tossed the sleeves because they weren't fully closed and the flaps were annoying me more than anything. What do you guys do?

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Y'all can keep your direct, more cartoon goodness gives me life

I thought they cancelled infinity train?

Also I finally watched the last Star Wars movies and it was not as bad as people said it was. episode 8 was bad but Episode 9 was "okay".

For episode 8 I felt like it was just so dumb.

With episode 9 the movie does have issues mainly it's pacing, it's just way to fast with how they move from place to place without giving you time to take it all in.

Also I called it!!!!!!! Finn just became another Mako from Korra...... The writing was on the wall.

At the end of the movie I just felt like sure, why not. With how it ended.

In the new trilogy there were some interesting ideas but also some bad ones. Character wise I didn't care for a lot of the characters but I was able to at least tolerate them.

Also when thinking back to Jar Jar and with Rose I'm guessing that after the threats from fans latter movies only had those characters for small scenes rather than whole scenes with a lot of verbal.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
----

I need help looking for a twitter account.

I'm not sure if something happened but there was this one person that would post about animated stuff, like cartoons.

The had a Nickelodeon slime like profile with a little mic.

Also I have been watching Infinity Train. I liked Season 1 but season 2 has just been very bad. I don't like the cast. I am still going to see how things go with the end of season 2 and also with season 3 but as of right now it really feels like they should have just ended it at season 1.

Kuroyume

Spokes for the Wheel of Torment
Oct 21, 2018
Godzilla: King of Monsters - Just garbage. Godzilla 2014 wasn't perfect but I liked it. It had really long boring stretches and few Godzilla scenes, but I don't ever recall cringing while watching it. And it featured good acting in it. This sequel is like they decided to add more (and longer) Kaiju fights but then dropped a giant turd on everything else. Bad '90s action movie dialogue... Like the worst cringe I've heard in a movie in a long time. Bad acting. Dumb plot. It's basically Armageddon with giant monsters. I only managed to get through it because I loved the destruction and fight scenes. They were bad ass.

Doctor Sleep - Loved most of it. Kinda fell apart at the end. Felt the atmosphere and look of the final location could have been handled better to make it spookier. Also the CG was bad in some scenes. That aside, it was a fun movie to watch. I was surprised by the brutality in one particular scene.

Us - Nice atmosphere. Comedy was fun in a few scenes. However, the kills could have been way more creative. Memorable acting by Lupita.

Reactions: dummmyy

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Reactions: dummmyy and yuraya

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

So we are getting a 4 hour Justice League Snyder cut in March

And then a 2.5 hour Zombie heist film with Bautista from Snyder as well in May. This guy is fucking crazy.

I really hope both are good.

Also with Dota anime and now Army of the dead..I am definitely signing back up for Netflix. Haven't had a sub in a long while still need to watch new season of Ozark too.

Reactions: Prodigy

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
Started Mr. Robot, halfway through S2 now.

I appreciate its accuracy in depicting hacking and like its soundtrack, but the story is not super engaging and the characters are not particularly likeable/interesting either. I will probably finish it, but I do hope it improves.

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
Started Mr. Robot, halfway through S2 now.

I appreciate its accuracy in depicting hacking and like its soundtrack, but the story is not super engaging and the characters are not particularly likeable/interesting either. I will probably finish it, but I do hope it improves.
its been a while but i seem to recall S2 being a bit of a letdown after S1 but then S3 got super strong again. id stick it out.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Yeah you weren't kidding, episodes 5,6,7 were super strong indeed
I found the show to be incredible, especially when taken as a whole. Season 2 is definitely the weakest season though.
It's great to see a show though written and directed by one person, has a singular vision from Sam.
Certain episodes are masterclass in filmaking, from an entire episode being a one shot, episode having no dialogue, episode
done in the format of a play etc... some of the acting in the final season is amazing as well. Really worth finishing the show.

Can't wait to see his Battlestar Galactica after his directing for Mr Robot.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
NOMADLAND is very good! Frances McDormand is SO good in it. Also very good were all the other characters, played by actual "nomads". Made me pensive about a lot of things: loss, fringe-living, traveling. I also watched Dead Man, which was amazing. I got the Dead Man, Polyester, Silence of the Lambs and The Elephant Man in the recent Criterion Sale. I love all of the physical copies. I haven't bought physical copies of films in quite a while, so they were nice to look at when they came in the mail.

Reactions: Tizoc

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
i may be lttp the but i started watching Wynonna Earp out of boredom and its actually been kind of fun. it has some typically syfy show cgi jank but thats to be expected

Reactions: Swenhir

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I just realized that "Coming to America 2" was released today on Amazon. I think I know what I'll be watching this weekend.
Is it only now releasing?

I was under the impression that it was already out but it just didn't make a splash which is why I was confused when they are now promoting it.

Anyway I ended up watching when the wind blows and well I both feel mad and sad (I'm sure there is a better word to explain it)

I liked the movie and it definitely was worth a watch. I guess one of the biggest "issues" (this is not the issue I had with the movie but rather it was the conflict that the protagonist was facing) is that they just thought something like WW3 would be just like WW2 type of stuff.

Reactions: lashman

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I can't believe I'm hyped for Justice League. Just a few days to go!
Incredible its actually happening.

There probably won't be another JL movie for a long long while too. If ever really.

Also glad that awful Whedon cut can be erased from existence in 3 days.

Reactions: Le Pertti

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Started watching "Your Honor" with Bryan Cranston.

The son of a Judge (by accident) kills the son of a Mafiaboss.
One is in search of revenge, one is trying to cover up the murder.

Only watched seven episodes so far, but it is well acted (for 95% of the time), has good visuals/camera work and tells a thrilling story. Reserve your weekend you want to binge watch this.
One of the few shows that I'd rate as 10/10 (so far).

Biggest negative critique I can come up with: Some coincidences in the story appear too constructed. But what isn't constructed in fiction and it's good drama imo.

Kuroyume

Spokes for the Wheel of Torment
Oct 21, 2018
Snyder cut was amazing. Vast improvement over the garbage original. Steppenwolf is an actual character now. With motivation for what he does in the film. With more than four lines of dialogue. And he's actually bad ass and scary. Loved everything about the cut except for three things. It's way too long. And, there were too many 0dd scenes with music playing in the background such as when Aquaman walks in slow mo while chugging the whiskey (which was in the original I think) or the scene where the women start singing when he disappears in the water. And lastly,
I don't understand how Martian Manhunter can just disappear until the end of the film with all the shit going down.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Justice League Snyder Cut.

I really really enjoyed that, it felt a lot more coherent and scenes were given room to breathe. It's crazy how many terrible scenes were in the original version and I just expected them to show up, turns out Zack didn't direct those. Honestly thought the film was going to be a train wreck, might end up being one of my favourite DC films

8/10

I wish they had still ended the film when Superman opens his shirt as that looks like the place they would have if it made it to the cinemas, and would be a great book end. I would then imagine Lex and Deathstroke would have been an after credit tease. As for the nightmare seaquence that wasn't needed at all especially considering Zack only filmed that recently and wasn't planned in the original.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Rewatched Knives Out and it's still great.
It being a movie about race is more apparent to me know.
The parents not knowing which country Marta is from, loooool

Reactions: dummmyy and Pommes

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Yeah... Snyder Cut was 30x better than the other one, even if they had trimmed it down for a theatrical release it would have still been better.

Not enough to redeem the DCEU tho'.