Community Movies/Shows you have seen recently or looking forward to...

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Always in the mood for a dumb and fun action movie. And Statham always delivers so this is another good one.

Definitely for fans of John Wick so if you like those films you should check this out. A lot of similar ridiculous things.

There was a bit too much camera cutting during fight scenes but other than that this was really good. I'd say 9/10 good.

I think Keanu would take him tho. It would be a great fight.

Also Jeremy Irons still got it. Nice surprise to see him get a bunch of scenes.

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
Always in the mood for a dumb and fun action movie. And Statham always delivers so this is another good one.

Definitely for fans of John Wick so if you like those films you should check this out. A lot of similar ridiculous things.

There was a bit too much camera cutting during fight scenes but other than that this was really good. I'd say 9/10 good.

I think Keanu would take him tho. It would be a great fight.

Also Jeremy Irons still got it. Nice surprise to see him get a bunch of scenes.
I love watching these badass, one-man-army type of movies, and Beekeeper is definitely one of the good ones! My favorites are Nobody, Equalizer 1 (but 2 and 3 are also great) and the Accountant. Taken 1 is also very good.

Don't need to mention Rambo or Commando. All of those are classics. :coffee-blob:

Reactions: yuraya and dummmyy

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

The First Omen

This was a pretty decent horror movie. Basically the prequel that leads directly into the original Omen movie from the 70s. The plot was dumb but the direction and casting/actors were alright. A few disgusting and creepy scenes throughout but for the most part it was safe. But Would definitely recommend if you are into those type of movies like Omen and Exorcist. A lot better than Exorcist Believer from last year which was shit. This was solid 7/10.

Gotta say horror movies have hit a very good comfort zone in recent years. It looks like they don't need to make much money in the box office to be profitable so the genre is able to push out decent movies without much pressure. Feels like I watch 6-7 good ones per year across all streaming sites. The odds seem like you are more likely to watch a good one than a bad one assuming you stick to acceptable review scores and don't go down the real trash rabbit hole. Like Night Swim for example which I watched earlier this year. That would be something I don't recommend lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stevey and xxr

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Abigail

This was really good. Caught me by surprise and everything. I'm glad I didn't spoil myself on it and good on Peacock for just having a picture of this little girl on the movie preview page. But yea a really fun and dumb action/horror movie. Very bloody too. Great premise and atmosphere. The cast was terrific and they put just enough humor in the film without ruining it. There was a few stupid plot points that pissed me off but you kind of have to forgive the film because most of it was a lot of fun.

Definitely an early movie of the year contender for me. If you haven't watched this yet I strongly recommend it and try to go in as blind as possible. I'd say its an 8/10. I am a bit biased tho as I have a soft spot for vampire films. I love most of them. And this was great. Up there with the best of them imo.

Last edited:

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
I didn't know Daredevil is coming back. Makes me incredibly happy to hear the news today.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Pre-ordered this Limited Edition Release of The Blair Witch Project- love this film.

The Blair Witch Project Limited Edition 2-Disc Blu-ray: Pre-order Available November 11th

Special Features

• A new Second Sight Films restoration from the Hi8 videotapes and 16mm film elements, supervised and approved by the Producers and Directors
  • 2-disc edition includes restored and remastered Original Theatrical Cut and Festival Cut plus original-release version
  • The Blair Witch Documentary: a new feature-length Second Sight Films production
  • New audio commentary by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Josh Nelson
  • Directors' and Producers' audio commentary
  • Deleted scenes including previously unseen video and 16mm footage
  • The Blair Witch Project: Analogue Horror in a Digital World by Mike Muncer
  • Curse of the Blair Witch
  • Alternate Endings
  • Cannes 1999: archive Directors interview
  • Trailers

Limited Edition Contents

• Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Timothy Pittides
  • 184-page hardback book with archive production materials and new essays by Stacey Abbott, Becky Darke, Adam Hart, Craig Ian Mann, Mary Beth McAndrews, Dr. Cecilia Sayad, Pete Turner and Heather Wixson
  • Heather’s Journal
  • 3 collectors' art cards

• Gib
Reactions: xxr and lashman