Community Movies/Shows you have seen recently or looking forward to...

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
All things considered
It is curious how a horror movie using animatronics as the main antagonist hasnt been done at least for some time. A few cartoons did feature animatronics going rogue like gravity falls and rise of tmnt

I am not into that kind of horror but it would be unfortunate if people would just straight up state that it is 'based of 5 nights freddie's' :/

Whoever made and approved of the poster that is showing in its wikipedia page should get a sledgehammer yo their guts tho

Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
No interest in animatronic or animatronic horror., but ok, ok, you win, I watched the trailer.
I would watch this.

Reactions: lashman

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
EXCUSE ME WHAT?!?!?!?

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't have any expectations for it as that last Godzilla film was so boring and dumb I stopped watching it about the half way mark. Really disappointing. The Kong one was okay.

Still good on them for adding so much value to HBOMax. Its a great service for 15$ per month even if the Roku app is sluggish trash.

Snyder Cut is going to be glorious 4hr film in March :steam_pigblanket::steam_pigblanket::steam_pigblanket: cannot fucking wait for that.

And speaking of HBOMax...I watched the first 5 episodes of the Doom Patrol S1. Its pretty good. Wasn't expecting it to be so good tbh and I didn't even know its a violent/profane show going in. First The Boys and now Doom Patrol. Both amazing R shows :) strongly recommend it to everyone. Hoping the season wraps up well and excited to watch S2 as well.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Don't have any expectations for it as that last Godzilla film was so boring and dumb I stopped watching it about the half way mark. Really disappointing.
Genuinely fell asleep during it. Quite the achievement to make a movie about big lizard monsters so boring.

Quite liked the new King Kong movie though. Hopefully the new movie lends more from that than the other one.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Watched Natural Born Killers for like the 20th time.
Don't think I'll ever get bored of that movie.

Also on about S2E9 of The Expanse

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
YESSSSS. Shin Ultraman trailer is out!!!

Don't have any expectations for it as that last Godzilla film was so boring and dumb I stopped watching it about the half way mark. Really disappointing. The Kong one was okay.
Genuinely fell asleep during it. Quite the achievement to make a movie about big lizard monsters so boring.
Shin or the Hollywood one? Because Shin was absolutely amazing.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Finished up the first season of Doom Patrol and it was ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

really good I don't think there was a single character I disliked. Hoping the next season is just as good.

Haven't seen Shin. Was talking about the hollywood one. Skull Island was entertaining enough.

I should watch Shin and that old Jean Reno Godzilla movie. I remember loving that as a kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cacher and dummmyy

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
The Jean Reno guest starrin in movie is a nice disaster monster movie, but not worthy of being titled Godzilla.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
The Jean Reno guest starrin in movie is a nice disaster monster movie, but not worthy of being titled Godzilla.
I remember the marketing for that film was so good. That scene with 2 guys fishing on the pier was basically used as a long commercial. It was played in theaters as a long preview to so many other films in theaters months before Godzilla came out. They did a great job never showing godzilla until really close to release. Just a little bit of his feet and tail heh.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Haven't seen Shin. Was talking about the hollywood one. Skull Island was entertaining enough.

I should watch Shin and that old Jean Reno Godzilla movie. I remember loving that as a kid.
I really like Shin. I would say it is more of a political movie than an action one, but the action portions and score are really well done. :cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Godzilla in shin godzilla really looks makes you feel.sympahy for him
the og godzilla looks like a heavily scarred nuclear fallout survivor
Shin has him be completely mutated and disfigured from continuous exposure to nuclear fallout

Reactions: Cacher

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Isn't it supposed to just be a small cameo? Snyder hyping it up so it better be a good scene.

I still can't believe he is releasing a 4hr movie and 80% of it is never before seen footage wtf.

I am definitely buying a six pack and some pizza for that shit :cool:

Also hope they are working on a Joker 2 with Phoenix. Pay him wtvr it takes because that is a movie with a lot of potential now that they got his intro story out of the way.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
What a ride. Dummer! Naomi!

... Alex :(. Why is it always the pilot?

Then it got to Marco's claim on the Ring and it's just honestly too much for me to know how I feel about it. I like the direction the show is headed in, and that Marco is becoming such a great, Narcissistic antagonist, but damn...

Reactions: Prodigy

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
What an amazing ending, the battle in the beginning was so good, had goosebumps down my arm. And the rescue of Naomi was a good release after everything that I actually got emotional. I haven't read the books, but it looks like next season will be back to the new alien story line, and it seems to be pointing at someone called Duarte being the "villian" from mars. Love the look of that alien ship in the credit scene.

Only thing that was strange was Alex's death, but I understand they had to do it with over 40 woman coming forward, including people in the production crew of the Expanse. Also it was better to have him die on screen as we the audience get closure and the characters in the show. The only other way would be to recast (which didn't work out well with Avasarallas husband), or give him some excuse between seasons which is never the right move.

Overall I loved the season, was probably my second best season with 3 still being number 1.{ (

Reactions: Swenhir

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I'm glad they gave Alex, the character, a good send off. Could easily have been a Poochie "and Alex died on the way back to his planet" moment at the start of next season. Fuck the actor though. Seems like Bull will be written to take over from Alex in the show unlike the books.

Reactions: Prodigy

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
  • Eyes
Reactions: Pommes

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Enjoyed this one somewhat until the last 20 minutes where it basically turned into a dud. Seemed like they were building up something big like Se7en but it just one big meh. Its a shame too because Denzel and Leto were both pretty good in it. And Denzel doesn't have a lot of good films left in him so he should be choosing better than this.

So yea can't recommend this one. Its better off to just watch or rewatch Se7en instead. Despite that creep Spacey being apart of it...its still the goat film in that genre. Untouchable after all these years.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Space Sweepers on Netflix is really good sci fi film, give it a watch. Wonderful performance from all the main cast. It is a Korean film but has some actors speak in their native language, if not English.

• Gib
Reactions: Li Kao

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
YESSSSS. Shin Ultraman trailer is out!!!

Shin was okay.... I guess.

I mean 8/10 is the best that I can give it.

Sadly there was just not enough of this

I was wondering why it sounded so familair when I was watching Shin Gojira.

-----------

Any way I finished Season 1 of The Mandalorian. Overall it was good. It did feel like a mixed bag though. That's very likely because it had different directors. Unlike with the actual Star Wars movies this one did seem to have a general idea of what it wanted to do.

Episode 4 is by far the worst of 8 episodes. It just feels so meh and overdone. Episode 2 was okay. Episode 8 was just weird with it's whole comedy thing.

The Gunslinger and The Prisoner were by far the two best episodes of season 1.

• Love

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Shin was okay.... I guess.

I mean 8/10 is the best that I can give it.
To me, the first half of the movie is even better than second half. What Anno is trying to convey in those lengthy discussion scenes among the government, is the inefficiency of Japanese hierarchical cultural. Everyone needs to follow their respective superior, and if the prime minister can't take actions shiftily in case of emergency, things will go very wrong. This is illustrated perfectly in Shin Gozilla and, sadly, how they are dealing with covid currently irl.

I think the action scenes and scores are great, but what really elevates this movie is the political theme. And it is also why the movie receive huge critics acclaim in its home country.

Reactions: Swenhir and PC-tan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
To me, the first half of the movie is even better than second half. What Anno is trying to convey in those lengthy discussion scenes among the government, is the inefficiency of Japanese hierarchical cultural. Everyone needs to follow their respective superior, and if the prime minister can't take actions shiftily in case of emergency, things will go very wrong. This is illustrated perfectly in Shin Gozilla and, sadly, how they are dealing with covid currently irl.

I think the action scenes and scores are great, but what really elevates this movie is the political theme. And it is also why the movie receive huge critics acclaim in its home country.

By the way sorry if I already mentioned some of this stuff since I remember saying some of this to some one else but I can't remember to who.

I thought that part was nice but the issue for me was following all of that. I understand the basics of it, but I didn't really know who everyone was and what their job was and all of that. Or I guess in a way maybe that in of itself is also a thing about just how many people need to be involved in order to be able to do something (since they kept talking about having to have meetings in order to even be able to do anything).

So yeah the politic stuff was just hard for me to follow since I was not 100% familair with the Japanese government and I only know somethings here and there about it.

What I found interesting was the US part. Some parts of it I do agree with and other parts I just found strange. So the main thing that I do agree with is the whole US spying on everyone since that does happen and that's why in the movie the US government takes action before Japan even talks to them. I can see why a lot of different countries would have issues with that since that just leaves them in the dark and can make them more feel more weak.

Something that I am not too familiar with is military stuff in Japan. I know that they can not declare war with other countries, also I don't think they technically have an army since they are not allowed to have one? But yet the JSDF exist and I think they still have a navy.

So I was wondering where they got their military stuff, I remember seeing some Apache attack helicopters, so I was wondering where they got those. Or is it a thing that they can have them it's just that they can't manufacture their own military grade stuff? This is also why I found some mecha stuff and just military things a bit unusual since I was wondering just how much about this stuff do mangaka and anime writers know about this stuff? Especially for those whos story involve war, the military and stories where the Japanese government has mechs (yes it's all Sci-fi and stuff but what motivates all of this larger than life robots that can fight off monsters or that can be used to create great harm to others).

Something that I did find strange (I can't remember all the details though) was about the US representative, that one girl. I remember here saying something about here grandmother. Now what I can't remember is what she said about that. She said she had issues with Nuclear stuff, but was that just because the two atomic bombs were dropped in Japan? Did here grandmother live in Japan, moved to the US and then went back to Japan and was killed in the bombing? Was it the grandmother's hometown that was bombed? The key thing is that I can't remember if the grandmother was in Japan when the bombing happened or if she was already living in the US when it happened.
what the girl said that she didn't want to see here grandmother's home country to see a third bomb dropped

So when it comes to the US government I would imagine that Japanese Americans would have a much larger issue with Interment camps than with the atomic bombs. Because with the internment camps, you had people removed from their homes and property and were forced to live in these areas until the war was over. And when they moved back to their homes, people had taken their property and all they ever received from the government was a small check and even when they returned to their homes they were not welcomed because of the sentiment of the war. I'm curious if that's something that they ever mention in Japan at schools as that being one of the things that the US did out of fear that some of its own citizens were spy's for the Japanese government that would try to coordinate an attack similar to Pearl Harbor.

I just found that part usual from my perspective and from my knowledge of seeing another group of people.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

I really enjoyed Shin for that reason too. I don't have any issue with movies depicting big Kaijus for the hell of it and Pacific Rim is one of my all-time favorites. Shin, however, is a deeply political movie and critique of TEPCO/The Japanese government, and boy does it succeed at that. Even the symbolism of the end, on the nose as it was in terms of allegory, was great.

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
watched Spontaneous last night and it was pretty good. had some decent dark humor at some points.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California