Community New music / recommendations

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
I don't know if any of you are fans of mondo weird music... but clown c0re just just dropped a new video on YouTube.

For the uninitiated, I feel this clip might give you a better idea of what they're all about:

Highly recommended for fans of bands like Mr. Bungle, Dog Fashion Disco, Secret Chiefs 3, Igorrr, John Zorn and Captain Beefheart (...I'm joking about the last one...).

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
A few new albums where you might ask "oh, they're still around?"

New album by The Offspring.

New album by Suzi Quatro.

New album by Alice Cooper.

New album by Deine Lakaien.

• Love
Reactions: Stevey and lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Tizoc
They were in the (Metal/Rock) News a few years ago and were recognised by the Mongolian Government for contributions to promoting Mongolian Culture.

They also created the "Future Music" in Jedi Fallen Order. There's some links in the thread i'm sure but here ya go, have some more.

These are their more well known tracks.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Yup, i have those in a playlist, you've reminded me to revisit them. I'm sure i bought some Tengger Cavalry albums a few years ago. I'll need to go and dig them out too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tizoc and lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
WherePostRockDwells have a new episode of Post-Poned and it's a 360 video of a live show by La Bestia de Gevaudan.
(Click and Drag to rotate the camera around)

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
WherePostRockDwells' monthly highlight video has been keeping me sane while working this afternoon.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Nine Inch Nails & health collab premiered today

I liked it a lot! The reverberated/ethereal chorus and the overall vibe leans way more heavily towards synthwave than industrial (especially the second half of the song).

If this is the style Reznor wants to go forward with, then count me in. The Fragile, in my opinion, has yet to be dethroned.

Totally unrelated, but last time I posted I mentioned Clown Core... which is arguably somewhat rough on the untrained (unmaimed?) ears. Louis Cole (the percussive half of clown core) has a more straightforward project called Knower that I also happen to like quite a bit.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
That 4 month offer for Spotify from that xbox ultimate perks was just too good to resist. But I am now on my fourth Spotify account and like tenth music streaming account in general jumping from trial to trial haha. Kind of sucks starting from zero building ones music taste for the AI to recommend stuff.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Morcheeba is quite weird btw. One of them (Paul Godfrey) left the band and wanted the other two (Syke Edwards & Ross Godfrey) to buy out the band name. They didnt and instead used the moniker "Skye | Ross" and released an album that way in 2016. They mustve resolved it later, because they went back to using the Morcheeba name and released an album in 2018 and now another one.
However, Paul Godfrey used the name "Morcheeba Productions" for his own record in 2019.

in case you wanted to be slightly confused for no reason.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
After going through my playlist of shitty music I just realized that it's been a while since I've stumbled upon a gem such as this one:

Any recommendation? I'm looking for pure unadulterated musical ineptitude.

Edit:
Posting that video rekindled my interest in R.A.E.D. and I found this video, which might be of interest to some of the trash connoisseurs perusing this thread.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Now for a palette cleanser... I recently saw that W.A.S.P. have some new stuff out and i'd forgotten they'd seen the light so to speak so here's some classic old W.A.S.P. and some fast motorbikes. An excellent Combo.

Reactions: Stevey