Community New music / recommendations

Virtual Ruminant

May 21, 2020
Spiritfarer is a game that exercises the player's tear ducts on multiple occasions, one of them (at least for me, regularly, even after hours of playing it) is this little song that plays during a mini-rhythm game that you play while growing plants in the garden:

Alternate Links

In the game, the song repeats multiple times to give it more intensity and Amie Waters picks up on this mood by giving Max LL's original work a treatment somewhere between Disasterpeace and Vangelis, slowing it down by some 20 BPM, teasing the building ostinatos out to an epic 7 minutes and adding an immensely satisfying moment halfway through by extending the harmonic progression to the baseline.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I'm a little all over the place with my interest in metal and its various forms - but this is the chest thumping, goblins and wizards (and swords as far as the eye can see) 'epic metal' I can enjoy.

• Love
Reactions: lashman

EdwardTivrusky

See You Hyper-Toxic Computer Cowboy
Dec 8, 2018
So a Scottish fisherman has been credited with bringing a resurgence of Shanties and there's me looking at the clock wondering where everyone has been since Assassin's Creed Black Flag and Raven's Cry were released? lol.

N A T H A N E V A N S S (@nathanevanss) TikTok | Watch N A T H A N E V A N S S's Newest TikTok Videos

There's been a group of shanty singers playing Sea of Thieves for two years now.
They join a ship's crew and start singing or they sing while fighting with ya. Great stuff.

The longest Johns - Well worth watching some of their videos.

Assassin's Creed Black Flag

Raven's Cry - Has traditional and contemporary shanties

Obviously there's tons more but i thought i'd stick to the video game side of things for this post... ehhhh, changed me mind!

Last edited:
  • Comfy
Reactions: Pommes and lashman

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
The new Jujutsu Kaisen opening made me look into the group (Who-ya Extended) and I quite like their style.

EdwardTivrusky

See You Hyper-Toxic Computer Cowboy
Dec 8, 2018
Probably my favourite Alan Walker fan video for "Alone", makes me nostalgic to go back to Eorzea:

I've loved Madrugada for years and years and it was great to see this appear after a hiatus then covid went and buggered everything up.

We all need some Seiso in our lives, right? "I'm not a nasty gremlin"... Hold up! <_<

I unironically love this Doja Cat cover.

Last edited:

Virtual Ruminant

May 21, 2020
Two tracks from game soundtracks that have nothing particular in common other than the key, the tempo, the synth flute and the arpeggio ...

[Alternate Links]

[Alternate Links]

And, bonus: Faster. not quite the same key (still similar enough to play in a mix), also synth flutes, also arpeggios (so many arpeggios!) and much, MUCH longer. Also, also! - Much older. From the Test Drive 4 soundtrack.

[Alternate Links]

• Comfy
  • Eyes
Reactions: dummmyy and lashman