Community New music / recommendations

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
These last few months I've been slowly getting into new wave. I knew the classics, "Video killed the radio star" and "I ran (So far away)", but I never paid any attention outside of those two songs. Turns out both bands (The Buggles and A Flock of Seagulls, respectively) have some killer tracks!

By the way, I know I'm not one to keep my promises, but I'll try to hear every single song posted in this thread.

OP

Deleted member 113

New Wave, you say?
I'm a sucker for 80's new wave and synth-pop. :giggle:
Whenever I play Euro Truck Simulator 2/American Truck Simulator, I always do so listening to a huge list of tracks from the decade. :p

I can't resist posting a few random tracks:

Reactions: lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
If we're going on an 80s trip then i'm breaking out the Ian...

... and taking a tour of the Big Country full of Restless Natives with the Clown and the Wolfman.... I Will Run For You.

Miss ya, stuart! I saw Big Country twice and they were fucking amazing each time.

Purely because i don't want to flood the thread with Retrowave/Vapurwave & Witch House which have been my jam for the last few years
:minos_dj:

Luminaire

별이 빛나는 하늘
Feb 28, 2019
New stuff (some older)!

Allegaeon - Extremophiles (B)
Technical Melodic Death Metal
I really loved their last album. It was a beautiful mix of melody, technical prowess, and brutality.

IZ*ONE - La Vie en Rose
Kpop
Most kpop fans here probably already know about IZ*ONE, but maybe I'll recruit some new blood. "La Vie en Rose" has one of the greatest pre-chorus drops ever, imo.

AliA - かくれんぼ
Jpop / Symphonic Rock
This song is incredibly pretty. Violin and piano mix in with it to give a symphonic feel paired with some powerful vocals.

GFRIEND - Flower
Kpop
If you like kpop and have heard GFRIEND, you probably know what to expect. They mix it up a bit, while keeping their vibrant sound.

Evergrey - Weightless
Progressive Heavy Metal
Probably their heaviest song in a decade. If you like melodic, progressive metal, you'll like Evergrey.

Sunmi - Noir
Kpop
The video for this song is perfect. It's a biting commentary on idol and internet culture. The song is beautiful and catchy too.

Deafheaven - Black Brick
Post-Black Metal
Deafheaven has a very melancholic and touching sound to them that still has that black metal aggression to it. It's hard to explain, but they're wonderful. They decided to go back to thrashy black metal with their latest single.

Inferi - Condemned Assailant
Technical Melodic Death Metal
I'm still trying to unpack the album this song comes off of. It's incredibly heavy, technical, and a complete aural assault.

Cherry Bullet - Q&A
Kpop
A debut group with a bubblegum sound. Their style sounds like newer AOA. It's a fun bop.

OP

Deleted member 113

Not sure how many are familiar with Pepe Deluxé, but since they have a new single, here are a couple of tracks from their previous album (their videos are bananas! :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-tightly-closed-eyes:):

---

And here's the new track:

Reactions: lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
FunktionJCB Kinda, i knew of them and listened to their tracks but didn't really follow them and i can't remember why they didn't really click with me.
Lost in the mists of time... still i enjoyed reacquainting myself with them through those vids :)

Luminaire

별이 빛나는 하늘
Feb 28, 2019
It's like its god damn christmas for me. Some of my favorite melodeath bands got together and formed a new group.

Devil Within - Flames of the End
Melodic Death Metal
Female fronted melodeath from Japan. U is one of my favorite vocalists and I will follow whatever group she joins.

(this probably doesn't mean anything to anyone but me but oh my god)
Vocal: U (MergingMoon)
Guitar: KENSUKE (UNDEAD CORPORATION)
Guitar: KOUTA (THOUSAND EYES)
Bass: YOJI (AFTERZERO,HELLHOUND,MASTERMIND)
Drums: YU-TO (UNDEAD CORPORATION)

OP

Deleted member 113

I'm really digging the new album by Welsh band Zefur Wolves:

One of the band's members is Cian Ciarán, from Super Furry Animals.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP

Deleted member 113

With another Euro Truck Simulator 2 event under way, it's time for me to make a few more deliveries, while listening to my 80's/90's mixtapes, featuring tracks like: