Community New music / recommendations

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

That first track is just the album intro but it's so goood, also love how it segues into the actual first song, which also rocks.
But honestly, I like the intro the most, lol.

Reactions: lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018

... and a session that reminds me of the mp3 i got from AudioGalaxy back in the mid 90s. Imagine being able to get a small JP band playing a gig in a Tokyo Club and them then appearing on Jet Set Radio. I knew Buffalo Daughter before they were cool. lol.

Reactions: Stevey and lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
New album from WizardThrone formed by Christopher Bowes, the bloke behind AleStorm & Gloryhammer was out last week.
I don't mind these "non-serious" bands but either i have to be in the mood for them or i only like a few of their tracks but this lot seem less comedic than AleStorm from what i've heard.

Also, someone on EG reminded me to listen to some Dvne!

• Gib

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I missed that Jeff LaBar from Cinderella passed away on the 15th. Cinderella were one of the few hair/glam rock bands i really liked and i still think that Long Cold Winter is a classic to this day.

Joey Jordison has passed too, far too young.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I can listen to this all day

(The title is incorrect though, it's supposed to be 1,000,000 Times by My First Story feat. chelly (EGOIST))

Virtual Ruminant

MetaMember
May 21, 2020
While we're posting Beloved, can't skip these bangers:

The hilariously cheesy (and outrageously catchy) "Outer Space Girl"

The serious house banger "Satellite" from the mid-90s (the naked chicks are back!):

Jon Marsh later went on a bit of a career as a House Music DJ in the early 00s and there is a nice archive of DJ Mixes of his from that time period, curated by himself, on Mixcloud.

Oh, oh, and this version of "The Sun Rising" which sounds like it was recorded straight off an Roland Sound Canvas module on a 90s PC and also is catchy as hell. Imagine playing Doom to this!

Last edited: