Community New music / recommendations

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
New Killswitch Engage... and I don't hate it. The hook reminds me of CKY w/ some pretty standard metal licks and screams throughout.

I can't remember why I didn't like this band. Probably just some douchey kid who was "too cool" for everything because I listened to Sonic Youth

Not a super banger or anything, but it gets the job done.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Spotify discovery playlists are great! Found some videogame-ass-music, but not in that "let's just use sounds from retro consoles" way but music made like good modern electronic music but heavily inspired by games. The ep is even like a game with the first track being like a level in its build up and second track is like the boss battle and last track being like the credits.

This is the boss battle track and it's banging as fuck!

JackPineSavage

crazy drunken bastard
Jun 2, 2019

sorry if spammy but i like to listen to some music while drinking and then share it and this is the topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
Magrudergrind has aged like fine wine. Check out that energy on stage. Bands like this were why I never liked Killswitch in my teens.

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

... and i'm sure all the weebs in here will recognize this one:

same band for all 4, obviously

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
maximum the hormone is an anime band?!

LASHMAN YOU LIED TO ME!!!! :minos_eva:

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
this thread reeks of shame and weeb gravy =(

time to rectify...

I'm just chippin ya, time to get my flubby ass on a stairmaster. g'night lash

Reactions: Stevey and lashman

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
New Killswitch Engage... and I don't hate it. The hook reminds me of CKY w/ some pretty standard metal licks and screams throughout.

I can't remember why I didn't like this band. Probably just some douchey kid who was "too cool" for everything because I listened to Sonic Youth

Not a super banger or anything, but it gets the job done.

I thought I didn’t like it, but it has grown on me.

Reactions: teezzy and lashman

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
I thought I didn’t like it, but it has grown on me.
I couldn't tell you another KSE song for the life of me, but this track is interesting in the sense that it's very disjointed yet somehow flows. Like its constantly teetering, it shouldn't be a coherent song but it is. Faith No More this band is not, however. Theres no hidden brilliance that I can see

They've always been alongside bands like Avenged Sevenfold and Trivium as bands which just sort of made me go "meh" my whole life. Too afraid to not be radio friendly, but also not managing to be pop focused and interesting like Korn or Slipknot were in their heyday. Some may disagree, and that's fine w me. I'm 28 now idgaf

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
I couldn't tell you another KSE song for the life of me, but this track is interesting in the sense that it's very disjointed yet somehow flows. Like its constantly teetering, it shouldn't be a coherent song but it is. Faith No More this band is not, however. Theres no hidden brilliance that I can see

They've always been alongside bands like Avenged Sevenfold and Trivium as bands which just sort of made me go "meh" my whole life. Too afraid to not be radio friendly, but also not managing to be pop focused and interesting like Korn or Slipknot were in their heyday. Some may disagree, and that's fine w me. I'm 28 now idgaf
The End If Heartache is a great album from KSE.

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
The End If Heartache is a great album from KSE.
Pretty solid stuff dude. The metal stuff appeals to me far more than the hardcore aspects but that's just personal preference at that point. Guess I cant shit on em anymore

Luminaire

별이 빛나는 하늘
Feb 28, 2019
New(ish) stuff, maybe someone will find something they like!

BiSH
"Distance"
Alt-Idol / Jpop
BiSH is fantastic as usual. AiNA The End has such a wonderful voice. The album is pretty great so far.

Blood Stain Child
"Del-Sol"
Melodic Death Metal / Trance
I'm surprised to say the album is very good. I grew up with band and its been a whirlwind of replaced members and weak albums after their peak (Idolator). This one is top three.

Yuzukingdom
"Eyes Shut Tightly"
Melodic Death Metal
Yuzuki is a jpop idol who decided she wanted to do melodeath, so she joined up with the aforementioned Blood Stain Child. Both albums have been quite good and showcase a more melodeath, classic BSC sound.

Shadow Of Intent
"Barren and Breathless Macrocosm" ft Trevor Strnad of The Black Dahlia Murdia
Technical Melodic Death Metal
I am ever so excited for this album. Their album "Reclaimer" is one of my favorite albums of all time. This song is quite brutal.

GFRIEND
"Fever"
Kpop
GFRIEND is great and "Fever" is a fun summer bop. A little different from their 'signature sound'.

BVNDIT
"Dramatic"
Kpop
Stone Music Entertainment is killing it with girl group debuts. IZ*One, BVNDIT, and Everglow all in a short span. I love both of BVNDIT's releases.

Everglow
"Bon Bon Chocolat"
Kpop
One of my favorite debuts in a long time, just behind IZ*ONE. Much fierceness.

and finally

a power metal song about being a dwarf and digging a hole because apparently that is very important and also why not

Wind Rose
"Diggy Diggy Hole"
Power / Heavy / Folk Metal
"I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy diggy hole. Digging a hole."

Last edited: