|OT| Post comething completely irrelevant!

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Had a birthday party with sleepover for my 7yo daughter last night. Please remind me next year to invite less than 9 kids. 😴

Reactions: NarohDethan

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
My life is so damn strange. Considering that I'm a perv, anarchist and not only atheist but an anti-theist. It's kind of funny that not only was my last girlfriend a church going christian but so is my new one!

Reactions: lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I think I'm falling for my girlfriend. Yes the one who put up tons of red flags. But some how we seem to be very into each other. Sure there are other factors that are potentially bad, her not having proper papers in France and such. She's not usually my type either but somehow even then I might really like her.

Edit: To add, it's kind of freaking me out, I've never had anything actually good in my life in that way. Always been destructive or I've been in relationships that I didn't feel anything in. I'm scared! I'm scared that I might be settling, that it will be one sided again, that it's a scam or I don't know! Yeah I do have some trust issues.:/

Last edited:

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Spent 8 hours and 1700€ at IKEA.
Still need a new couch and a new computer desk.

I also need to build my two more Kallax (shelves), the Detölf (glass cabinet), the Fjällbo (TV stand), two Janingens (bar chairs) and my Malm (bed)

:H02dead:

The elk-goulash was nice tho

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Just got done building my Fjällbo, Janingens and Malm.

The Janingens were very easy, the Fjällbo was a pain in the ass.
The Malm is also fairly straight forward but requires a lot of repetition, like a mediocre lego set

Gonna go shop for a desk and couch tomorrow

:H02dead:

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I used my car to work these past couple days because the weather forecast said it would be raining, but nope. No rain.

I'm gonna use my bike again tomorrow, and I bet it's gonna rain. Thank you, weather forecast.

Reactions: Pommes

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Daaaaamn, it was windy on the ride home today! Luckily it was mainly behind me so i got home quicker!
Yay!

Reactions: Pommes

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Why didn't people tell me that a rice cooker is pretty much the best cooking device?:D
Everyone needs a good rice cooker, even if they don't eat rice every day. Get one of these:

And you'll be set for life.

Reactions: Le Pertti

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Imma about to earn a million down votes but....

1. Have no Christmas spirit. I have two small newphews and a niece who lives overseas. They are all getting gifts/treats. My adult family and friends. No desire to receive or give any gifts. Sorry.
2. Christmas is officially on my nerves and its still two weeks away. If it wasn't in a trash month like December, I wouldn't mind it. But its dark and cold and awful and Christmas isn't going to make up for that.
3. Childless adults should be extremely low key about their Christmas celebrations and just kinda accept that the majority of the holiday isn't for them and not to force it.

Last edited:

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
My favorite burger restaurant came up with something new for christmas

• Sesam Brioche Bun
  • Beef
  • Brie Cheese
  • Cornsalad
  • A slice of candied orange
  • Caramelized and baked appleslices
  • Onion-Orange Chutney cooked in mulled wine
And it was glorious!!:HappyKawakami:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
My girlfriend wants to know my Christmas wishlist but I don’t really want anything. I mean I do but ain’t making her drop 400 bucks for a GPU

OP
teezzy

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
Imma about to earn a million down votes but....

1. Have no Christmas spirit. I have two small newphews and a niece who lives overseas. They are all getting gifts/treats. My adult family and friends. No desire to receive or give any gifts. Sorry.
2. Christmas is officially on my nerves and its still two weeks away. If it wasn't in a trash month like December, I wouldn't mind it. But its dark and cold and awful and Christmas isn't going to make up for that.
3. Childless adults should be extremely low key about their Christmas celebrations and just kinda accept that the majority of the holiday isn't for them and not to force it.
Dude, I've just been buying a bunch of shit for myself and its wonderful. Like why even bother letting other people get me something. I'm making it clear I'm not buying jack for anyone this year so they dont buy meanything either. I get exactly what I want this way

Reactions: Trisolarian

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Dude, I've just been buying a bunch of shit for myself and its wonderful. Like why even bother letting other people get me something. I'm making it clear I'm not buying jack for anyone this year so they dont buy meanything either. I get exactly what I want this way
As scrooge said, "you're holding christmas in your own way" and this way is 'treat yo self', which is pretty sweet. The Holidays can be brutal so everyone, take care!

I was tempted to send out a mass text saying "NO MAS' but alas, I got a brain light yesterday. I'm giving out pictures to a lot of people in nice frames. I take a lot of pics with my cellphone at family events but I rarely share them, so now is the time. (Plus I have young nephews I see often so they're picture generating machines)

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Why does it seem like old school bars with a few arcade machines and a dart board are in such short supply? I was out with my friends tonight and we ended up at this bar that had food, good beer on tape and in the fridge, arcade machines and a cool electronic dart game. The chain bars like Applebees, Fridays, whatever have none of those things. Shame because they'd be improved by 500 percent by just installing one "classic arcade games" machine, a pool table and darts.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Rich people with cushy jobs that give them off from the 21 to the 6th, they can fuck right off. Seriously, their vote should be half a vote, they live in fantasy land, can't trust they even know what they're voting for.

Yes, I'm a fucking Grinch. I see the 'holidays' as bringing out the worst in humanity each and every fucking year. And no, I'm not going to soften that statement.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
My first full day in the new office with our new kit and it's a total and utter waste of time and money. Borderline unusable. I hope my boss doesn't ask for comments because they'll get a 52mb email where the body text is "It's Shiiiiiiiii...[repeat until 52mb is filled]...iit!"

Absolute fucking bilgewater. We told 'em but Noooooooo, why would you listen to your technical staff?
Fuuuuuuuuuuck! :persevering-face:

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Go on meta while on a fast for a morning blood draw and other test, get shat on overnight, have it out and get shat on again, get to work in the afternoon and its all going to hell. Merry. Fucking. Christmas.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Almost done with my new apartment!!

All that's left to hang my canvas pics onto the wall, sneak a long HDMI cable behind the wooden beams and buy some more decor.
But since it's holidays tomorrow i won't be able to do that for the next few days, so now i'll CHILL and RELAX with COFFEINE, ALCOHOl and ANIME BAHOONKAS

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Man, I sure love my food delivery apps. There's actually a fierce competition between two of these in my region (and hopefully Uber Eats launches here next year so make that three) and there's nothing better than getting a large pizza plus a 2l Sprite with 25% discount. I hate paying for delivery but I mean, I can't complain much with this deal.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I think I’ve talked about this before but this holiday season, with all the gifts and what not, it is kinda liberating to feel that I don’t need a lot of things to be happy. I go to see the physical games on the store and I feel nothing. I go to see TVs, electronics and all that and I feel nothing. Whereas some time ago it would fill be with sadness that I couldn’t afford those things.

Of course I still like things but I don’t spend my days thinking about ‘my next purchase’ anymore.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Of course my pizza had to come with cheese. Next time I'll order a chocolate pizza instead so I don't have to deal with this anymore :disapproval-blob:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I feel i'm the only person in the world who doesn't mind the new Giant Bomb GOTY format.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
The end of an era is nigh for us old people. Ceefax was killed and replaced with Red Button News and now that goes at the end of next month.

RIP Beeb :(