|OT| Post comething completely irrelevant!

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Got a message that T-Mobile wants to call me this week with a great offer. Just as I was browsing for a new provider. What a coincidence. I was about to make the switch, but, sure, I'll entertain their offer. Genuinely doubt there's anything they can do to convince me to go with their expensive but barebones packages. Their rates are so absurd.

Reactions: lashman

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Man the United States just played themselves again.
Bernie was a dead canidiate walking ever since super Tuesday.

Btw, we did play overselves, especially considering how Bernie's goals and programs would have helped us so fucking much right now if they were in place and existed.

Huge, major change is coming regardless of who the face of it is and I believe that a lot of the change may end of looking likes things Bernie wanted.

I can't see Trump surviving this politically.

Reactions: crimsonheadGCN

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Bernie was a dead canidiate walking ever since super Tuesday.

Btw, we did play overselves, especially considering how Bernie's goals and programs would have helped us so fucking much right now if they were in place and existed.

Huge, major change is coming regardless of who the face of it is and I believe that a lot of the change may end of looking likes things Bernie wanted.

I can't see Trump surviving this politically.
I’m 99% sure Trump is getting elected again.

Reactions: Stevey

Xclash

MetaMember
Dec 13, 2018
I’m 99% sure Trump is getting elected again.
Sure a lot gonna happen between now and Election day but compared to 2016, Trump has given away Michigan due to how he's handled this crisis and Biden is strong in all the other battleground states including his home state of Pennsylvania. Color people in the US is tired of this shit it won't be us that fuck it up. For the record I was gonna vote Bernie in the primary had New York had it sooner.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
It just boggles my mind how Bernie never gets a chance.
Liberals love to talk about change but they’re cowards to actually implement those changes because that might mean that they won’t get an new Xbox this year.

Reactions: Le Pertti

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Sure a lot gonna happen between now and Election day but compared to 2016, Trump has given away Michigan due to how he's handled this crisis and Biden is strong in all the other battleground states including his home state of Pennsylvania. Color people in the US is tired of this shit it won't be us that fuck it up. For the record I was gonna vote Bernie in the primary had New York had it sooner.
People of color will need to drag all or nothing white liberals into reality. Which is to my personal disappointment, what happened with Biden and Sanders. Survival first, then nice things.

(I'm still crossing my fingers that the sheer absurdity of the for profit medical system gets so badly exposed that a path of MFOA will have to be rammed down Bidens troat via emergency reality injection and that he spearheads a the push.)

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
So, erm, I slept in a bit today, and I woke to the sounds of sirens and alarms. I got up and looked out the balcony - I live on the 9th floor - and saw flames coming out a balcony one floor down and two flats away. I looked down and saw a naked corpse (a 49 year old man) in the grass below, aleady surrounded by emergency services - and then I looked up again as I witnessed a small explosion in the burning flat. I also heard people let out screams (which quieted down quickly). I quickly left my flat and made my way down the stairs, as firefighters made their way up. Outside, everyone was gathering in the parking lot. Emergency services already had everything locked down and under control, Later, they gave out facemasks, but most people kept their distance anyway. I saw one woman crying and being comforted by emergency services.
I talked to a reporter telling him what I knew (I actually used to work with him a few years ago), and some of my remarks made it into the article.
When it was all over and we could return inside, my - and others - apartments had been forcibly opened by firefighters to make sure everyone was safe.
I then talked to the woman living one flat over, she was even closer, and she told me she actually saw the man jump. She and other neighbours told him to stay put since firefighters were en route, but the panic mustve overtaken him and so he jumped from the 8th floor.

I'm still processing all this and currently just telling people about it. It was obviously a shock, but for most of the time I was simply stunned/numb, while I was waiting outside. Even now, I mainly feel numb. Luckily I was not harmed in any way, and no one else either. But of course, someone lost his life in that fire and that is incredibly sad.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
My dad (now in his mid 60s) has been using anime stickers in family Whatsapp groups lately.

What's happening?
A man of culture. I would be proud.
So, erm, I slept in a bit today, and I woke to the sounds of sirens and alarms. I got up and looked out the balcony - I live on the 9th floor - and saw flames coming out a balcony one floor down and two flats away. I looked down and saw a naked corpse (a 49 year old man) in the grass below, aleady surrounded by emergency services - and then I looked up again as I witnessed a small explosion in the burning flat. I also heard people let out screams (which quieted down quickly). I quickly left my flat and made my way down the stairs, as firefighters made their way up. Outside, everyone was gathering in the parking lot. Emergency services already had everything locked down and under control, Later, they gave out facemasks, but most people kept their distance anyway. I saw one woman crying and being comforted by emergency services.
I talked to a reporter telling him what I knew (I actually used to work with him a few years ago), and some of my remarks made it into the article.
When it was all over and we could return inside, my - and others - apartments had been forcibly opened by firefighters to make sure everyone was safe.
I then talked to the woman living one flat over, she was even closer, and she told me she actually saw the man jump. She and other neighbours told him to stay put since firefighters were en route, but the panic mustve overtaken him and so he jumped from the 8th floor.

I'm still processing all this and currently just telling people about it. It was obviously a shock, but for most of the time I was simply stunned/numb, while I was waiting outside. Even now, I mainly feel numb. Luckily I was not harmed in any way, and no one else either. But of course, someone lost his life in that fire and that is incredibly sad.
Holy shit. I’m glad you’re okay. RIP to that dude :/

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
A man of culture. I would be proud.

Holy shit. I’m glad you’re okay. RIP to that dude :/
Thanks, yes, I'm okay. I reacted quickly and calmly, and got out unharmed, and my flat was also fine afterwards (except the lock, of course). The shock is still there, but I've spoken about this with various friends today to just deal with it right away, and right now I'm just trying to keep my mind of those images I saw this morning. It's still a very clear picture in my head, of course - not something easily forgotten.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Yup, it's windows Update time so i'm going to be extra busy for the next week or so.
So far it has been somewhat quiet.... Just a few minor issues..... Nothing update specific but that could change fast lol.

Workload has been kicking my ass this week. Fuck.
Weird as hell time. Shit ton of people either unemployed or on 'break' from their job, lot of people tcb at home and those of us out there are running around trying to avoid getting sick, cover workload....

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Weird as hell time. Shit ton of people either unemployed or on 'break' from their job, lot of people tcb at home and those of us out there are running around trying to avoid getting sick, cover workload....
I’ve become restless during nights. I just slept barely 3 hours last night.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I’ve become restless during nights. I just slept barely 3 hours last night.
:(

Sleep is precious.

I'm actually sleeping MORE these days. Usually bedtime is 11:15 EST, been crawling into bed at 10:15 since middle of march.... :/

Lotta weird dreams and some nightmares. Like we're all having I suppose....

Reactions: NarohDethan

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Would you recommend it?
I love it, but it's not perfect. The keyboard sucks in my version but they have updated it to new switches. Also the screen is fragile, just by having it in my backpack it has pressed enough to make permanent decolorizations on it. BUT I have maybe had a life little rougher than most. So maybe that my macbook pro is still going strong is actually a sign its quite robust. Reading about PC laptops; they usually get good reviews at start but they seems to fall apart quickly;

I also love that it is very simple in that what you see is what you get, it just has four type c ports but to charge you can use any you want, also the computer doesn't throttle if you are plugged in or not (as some pc laptops seem to)

While it can be little hassle to get games to run well its possible, I'm actually surprised at some of they games I can run quite well. I'm using Windows bootcamp for gaming at was simple to setup.

But the best part, other than the laptop itself looking good is the macos, its lightyears ahead of windows its not even funny.

Reactions: NarohDethan

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I spent a while on Twitter waiting for a reply to my assistance DM from my ISP -- is that site getting worse and worse every single day or am I the one getting more and more annoyed?

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I love it, but it's not perfect. The keyboard sucks in my version but they have updated it to new switches. Also the screen is fragile, just by having it in my backpack it has pressed enough to make permanent decolorizations on it. BUT I have maybe had a life little rougher than most. So maybe that my macbook pro is still going strong is actually a sign its quite robust. Reading about PC laptops; they usually get good reviews at start but they seems to fall apart quickly;

I also love that it is very simple in that what you see is what you get, it just has four type c ports but to charge you can use any you want, also the computer doesn't throttle if you are plugged in or not (as some pc laptops seem to)

While it can be little hassle to get games to run well its possible, I'm actually surprised at some of they games I can run quite well. I'm using Windows bootcamp for gaming at was simple to setup.

But the best part, other than the laptop itself looking good is the macos, its lightyears ahead of windows its not even funny.
I’ve tempted to buy a laptop recently and everything points to a MacBook. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Le Pertti

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I’d like to live in Japan but I have no talent for anything whatsoever and I doubt my degree would be enough there.

Deleted member 113

I mean I wish Everytime I had the flu was because I was french kissing a girl and not because some asshat couldnt bother to wash their hands
I mean, you could also have been injected with the flu, or making blood pacts with someone else. :suicide-blob:

I have trouble understanding how some people can be so damn dumb.
We have more people than ever in schools, and colleges, and information is easier than ever to obtain. How can so many people be utterly devoid of good sense?

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
It was 20C here, with rain and thunder 2 hours ago and now we’re at 30C and with the sun shinier than a Red Gyarados

Reactions: lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I think my Switch is dead. I haven't used it for a while and it's just been sat in the dock but i'm sure i powered it on just a week or so ago to check something but today, nada. I've got it attached to a different power adaptor but nothing going on.

edit:

Last edited:

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I think my Switch is dead. I haven't used it for a while and it's just been sat in the dock but i'm sure i powered it on just a week or so ago to check something but today, nada. I've got it attached to a different power adaptor but nothing going on.

edit:

War and Peace the forum rando post.

It was the best of times and it was the worst of times.....