|OT| Post comething completely irrelevant!

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
My bank has made more than 1 billion euro profit during the first half of 2019. Meanwhile, they have lowered the interest on their saving accounts even more. How can anyone be okay with this? :oops:
I just ordered a burger with a side of french fries and truffle mayonnaise
Truffle mayonnaise is awesome!

Was that a burger from Ellis Gourmet Burger by the way? :p

Reactions: lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
My bank has made more than 1 billion euro profit during the first half of 2019. Meanwhile, they have lowered the interest on their saving accounts even more. How can anyone be okay with this? :oops:

Banks are shit. A Finnish bank got caught for tax evasion and how do they deal with it? By increasing all fees for it's users.XD

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

Nope, a regional restaurant from a neighboring city of mine

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
September 3rd.

Its still "calendar" summer for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere.

However, meteorological autumn began on September 1st!

I follow the calendar seasons, as summer weather doesn't really end until the third week of September in NJ anyway.

Long live summer, my favorite season. Sure, I have some great fall memories kicking around but my fellow Northeastern USA members need not kid themselves, its cloudy more often than not, and it all goes to shit the moment the clocks fall back and all is darkness. November snow isn't uncommon where I live, all the leaves are gone by Nov 10th and even late Oct is hit and miss, as we always get one or two powerful nor'easters that take care of some of that pesky fall color by ripping the dead leaves right off the trees.

8 weeks of tolerable weather left until it goes to shit for a solid five and a half months.

Reactions: NarohDethan

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Spring & Autumn fan here. Fite me. Winter & Summer can bite me.
I shall indeed fight you. Summer is the only time you can be sure to be able to wear a t shirt at any time of the day where I live. Walk around town on a summer night, see the forest at its most green, ride bikes after work. Its the best.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Big fan of Winter and Autumn here. Although I have tons of great summer memories.
People get Sept mixed up in their "fall" category. Its still Summer til the 21st, so all of that amazing weather you like doesn't count. Plus, pick either driving to work in the dark or coming home in the dark.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Summer sucks, Fall ftw
Sept 21-Oct 31st is good. Five mostly good weeks, although Oct. has five days every year which are the rain all day, cold and windy TRASH.

Nov 1-April 10, bad. Note that that is more than HALF of autumn as pure shit. Seven weeks of trash. FML Nov 1 through Dec 21, which is AUTUMN, not winter!

June 21-September 20 amazing.

Reactions: crimsonheadGCN

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Sept 21-Oct 31st is good. Five mostly good weeks, although Oct. has five days every year which are the rain all day, cold and windy TRASH.

Nov 1-April 10, bad. Note that that is more than HALF of autumn as pure shit. Seven weeks of trash. FML Nov 1 through Dec 21, which is AUTUMN, not winter!

June 21-September 20 amazing.
I hate hot weather with all my being. I would give up anime entirely and play exclusively on EGS if I could have 15 degrees Celcius every day

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
People get Sept mixed up in their "fall" category. Its still Summer til the 21st, so all of that amazing weather you like doesn't count. Plus, pick either driving to work in the dark or coming home in the dark.
Nah, September is Winter until the 23rd for me.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Nah, September is Winter until the 23rd for me.
Can't argue with the Sun, Summer for me, Winter for you.

What it ISN'T is fall or spring.

Sales of Pumpkin spice products/beers before the second/third week of September is completely out of hand.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I took a massive (relatively) break from forums the past 10 days.

Good times.

Need a browser tool to keep me from reading certain places. I use edge and firefox. Imma look them up tonight but if anyone has suggestions I'll listen to what you use.

Reactions: MJunioR

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Fuck Disney Plus. All of you mouse loving suckers are actively supporting the complete fragmentation of streaming media. Fuck Disney for buying out my beloved Hulu, you suck, even when I don't want to give you money I give you money. The new shows look like trash btw, the milking of star wars to fucking death continues.

Fuck the holier than thou trash discussing the Michigan ban on flavored vape (yes, even e-liquid). Its all over but one place in particular. Unless you've been a nicotine addict. SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP. God I hate the majority of them, I can't believe I was one of them. Should've given a lot of them a piece of my mind before I nicely left.

End of the day update, fuck them. Immediate drop in my mood by just reading. A literal fucking rage factory full people with the right ideas going about everything the nastiest way possible.

Last edited:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Wait... Has the British parlement just approved a law that prevents the very same parlement to vote for a no deal Brexit? 😂

Meanwhile, someone made a Facebook event "watching the Brexit on the beach with a beer in a comfy chair". It's even more popular than the "hiking with Alpaca's" event. 😊

OP
teezzy

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
September 3rd.

Its still "calendar" summer for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere.

However, meteorological autumn began on September 1st!

I follow the calendar seasons, as summer weather doesn't really end until the third week of September in NJ anyway.

Long live summer, my favorite season. Sure, I have some great fall memories kicking around but my fellow Northeastern USA members need not kid themselves, its cloudy more often than not, and it all goes to shit the moment the clocks fall back and all is darkness. November snow isn't uncommon where I live, all the leaves are gone by Nov 10th and even late Oct is hit and miss, as we always get one or two powerful nor'easters that take care of some of that pesky fall color by ripping the dead leaves right off the trees.

8 weeks of tolerable weather left until it goes to shit for a solid five and a half months.
313 24/7

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
It is a friday
we were writing in haikus
in the chat at work

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
It is a friday
we were writing in haikus
in the chat at work
Friday comes again
The fake high of our brief lives
Fuck Friday, Forever.

JK, I like Friday, going to do something after work, idk what, will end the day with some CBD honey I got last week. Gotta be fresh for the hike I'm taking somewhere in Jersey tomorrow.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I wish I had a Saturn and a Dreamcast
I have a DC that I bought 2 years ago. I need to find time to play more with it though - and more games too. I had the chance to get a Saturn almost at the same time but wasn't interested (and to be honest still not into it).

Reactions: NarohDethan

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I have a DC that I bought 2 years ago. I need to find time to play more with it though - and more games too. I had the chance to get a Saturn almost at the same time but wasn't interested (and to be honest still not into it).
The thing is that I fear disc rot and I would hate to have an expensive assortment of coasters.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Ughhhh.... I slept for maybe 1.5 hours last night. Hurricane is almost here(I'm in Nova Scotia), 2 of my weddings have cancelled(I'm a florist), and one of the brides has been txting me since 11pm last night and yet hasn't given me any info on what she wants me to do with her wedding flowers... Finally fell asleep around 5, and then the owner of my company texted me just now asking what the plan is.

Last edited:

Kuro

"Oh yeah? Aren't you gonna punish me?"
Dec 22, 2018
It's not the East or the West side.
No it's not
It's not the North or the South side.
No it's not
It's the Dark Side
You are correct

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Going to Menorca for a week tomorrow, so there's that.

Will probably still check in here on mobile :steam_pigblanket:

Reactions: MJunioR

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Trump calls on FDA to ban all flavored vapes after mystery lung illness

Welp.

I'm in the super lucky minority of vapers bc 1) I use ultra low nicn, .01%, so If need be I'll survive. (I'll need gum for the oral fixation but lol I'll join the crowd of gum chewers 2) I vape unflavored, so you know lol, I'm one of the lucky few who never caught on to sweet flavors.

Here we go everyone!

Btw, I was in vaping in like the ground floor in late 2013, but I didn't make the switch until 2014. Which is of course LOOOONNNGG before any of this shit started. Its so strange to be just in my own little mostly protected vaping world while madness is going on over something that at one point was going to be the thing that saved many smokers lives. Emotional over reaction. If it was PG/VG/Nic +flavors that was killing people, we would've found out in early 2009. TEN YEARS AGO.

I can let it go if I have must and the low nic and unflavored I've been on for months is of course part of that. I feel for the businesses and people who are at risk.

At the same time, a part of me is glad that we might finally be able to get back to where vaping was in 2013 (minus the logic and blu stuff), without hyper strong and tiny nicotine bomb devices like Juul. I know "think of the children" is a joke but I get that its a major issue and after flavored cigarettes (RIP djiarim Blacks) were axed in 2009, this was most likely always the endgame. (No MCU reference ok)

I'm probably going to stop by tonight to get two of my old favorites. Pour it out everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ge0force

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Lol, I'm talking to myself but.. whatever. I just ordered two 17mil bottles of zero nic pumpkin pie and pumpkin pie spice flavors for fall. I of course was going to wait but the flavor banning coming in at any time now and Bloomberg spending $160 million for an anti vaping campaign...... Vaping's goose is thoroughly cooked. Its dead jim. I'm getting an old favorite of mine for one last ride tonight just for the memory of the taste.....

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I don't know anything about vaping, it never took off in my country so I never understood very well how it works or what it really is to be quite honest

What I know is that it's too hot right now and I could use some ice cold passion fruit juice

I love fruits so much

Except mango, there's no good mango

OP
teezzy

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
I was always able to quit smoking cold turkey. Never really understood nicotine addiction. Like yeah I got testy and felt tingly but overall it really is mind over matter. I still bum ciggies every so often but regret it almost every time. Just like weed.

I'm a total bore tnh

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I was always able to quit smoking cold turkey. Never really understood nicotine addiction. Like yeah I got testy and felt tingly but overall it really is mind over matter. I still bum ciggies every so often but regret it almost every time. Just like weed.

I'm a total bore tnh
Sure I quit cold turkey, after spending four days out of it and out of human contact during an unemployment period.

Real life doesn't work like that. Everyone is different. Not everyone can do it. You can leave it for MONTHS like I have in the past and then it will come back. When I relapse its always the strong stuff that affects my sleep and other shit. No thanks.

No shame in weed btw.

OP
teezzy

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
Sure I quit cold turkey, after spending four days out of it and out of human contact during an unemployment period.

Real life doesn't work like that. Everyone is different. Not everyone can do it.

No shame in weed btw.
Not shaming u whatsoever. Not being around smokers def helps. Also tryna get back in shape felt impossible while smoking. I need what lung power I have left.

Always remember that the first day quitting is always the hardest. If you can do one day, you can do two, etc.

Best of luck fam

0s. Weed always makes me lazy and overly content as I let my chores slip to ahit. Either that or get paranoid. No bueno

Reactions: Trisolarian

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Not shaming u whatsoever. Not being around smokers def helps. Also tryna get back in shape felt impossible while smoking. I need what lung power I have left.

Always remember that the first day quitting is always the hardest. If you can do one day, you can do two, etc.

Best of luck fam
I've been vaping since 2013. (it took off in 2011ish) Biggest thing is the oral habit and having beer, believe it or not. Two classic smoker sub addictions.

To anyone wondering, yes nicotine gum works and it works DAMN well. Only issue, now your chewing that shit which is kinda brutal on your mouth and has to be chewed carefully.....

This time, it will be just regular gum.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Why is it not classified like Tobacco? Why is vaping being banned but not Tobacco? The whole thing stinks of Big Tobacco Lobbies to me.
I know lots of people who have quit smoking and are cutting down on vaping as they gradually quit.

Keep it up to those quitting! Go for it!

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Why is it not classified like Tobacco? Why is vaping being banned but not Tobacco? The whole thing stinks of Big Tobacco Lobbies to me.
I know lots of people who have quit smoking and are cutting down on vaping as they gradually quit.

Keep it up to those quitting! Go for it!
Tobacco has money and we don't have money. Its easy to squash and an easy win for people who are employed via popularity contest.

Regulations where always coming in May of 2020 and actually got pushed back in 2018, so the writing was on the wall, hence why I switched to unflavored recently and I've been on ultra low nic for a long time.