|OT| Soul Hackers 2 | The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From Amami City

OP
Kvik

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
New Soul Hackers 2 patch scheduled for November.

— Faster running speed (dash) now decoupled from the Assassin's Steps ability.
— Assassin's Steps ability changed to avoiding enemy detection for a certain distance.
— Turbo mode ("High speed") during combat.
— Adding four additional demons, including Pixie from the original Soul Hackers.
— Plus other QoL changes.

via fail from The Mako Reactor. Thanks!

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Let’s hope for some Deck love.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik
Dec 5, 2018
— Assassin's Steps ability changed to avoiding enemy detection for a certain distance.
Maaaaaan, I'm nearly done with the game but turbo would have been nice at launch.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
New Soul Hackers 2 patch scheduled for November.

— Adding four additional demons, including Pixie from the original Soul Hackers.
— Plus other QoL changes.

via fail from The Mako Reactor. Thanks!
Yeah, I'd be done with the game by the time this patch hits. More than halfway through. Oh well. They also need to include a mute option during combat for the characters... and for figue... and the ability turn off convos during meals since they just keep repeating the same shit! :notlikethisblob:

I'm curious to know how Atlus, of all developers, managed to have near instant loading times for the game.

• Comfy

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Between requests, the soul matrix and the lost numbers dlc there's a lot to do in this game. I'm passed 50 hours and still not done. Not complaining though, I enjoy the game a lot. Just wish they'd release the patch sooner.

• Comfy
OP
Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Most reviewers were likely skipping the requests and Aion challenge demons when they wrote down 40 hours as completion target in their reviews. While it may be possible to beat the main storyline in 40hrs, the Aion challenges alone require some high-level demons, since Ringo can't use items during the fight.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Still no deck patch right. No reason, just seeing the game discounted…

Dec 5, 2018
I think I'm nearly done with the game.
Should be done today or tomorrow.
I think that once I finish I'll reload the save and use cheat engine to give me 200 Soul points so I can't complete 5F of the soul matrix since I don't feel like doing a NG+ for just that little extra content.

• Evil
Reactions: C-Dub and Kvik

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Just beat the game.
Got the normal ending, Milady and Saizo were above level 100 but Arrow was lv 99 lol...
My party was at lv 65 for the final boss and I got it on my first attempt, it gets tense in the end though.
Overall I really enjoyed it.
Gonna be hard to adjust to the press turn system again when I play another SMT lol.

• Comfy

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I read that the story DLC is shit ? Is it true ? Why ?
I skipped the release until the full package lowered in price, but now that we are here I'm not so sure if the full package is good to begin with.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I skipped the release until the full package lowered in price, but now that we are here I'm not so sure if the full package is good to begin with.
It's decent, not worth $10 but still a nice addition to the game.

Reactions: Li Kao
OP
Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
In my opinion, it's not the DLC's story (it was rather decent, actually) that was underwhelming, but rather the dungeon design, which was uninspired. Think of the concentric circle maze dungeon from SH1, but worse, with more floors but less of a maze.

Frankly, the only good thing about the DLC is the high-level demons there, since they drop rare materials you will be needing for high-level COMP upgrades.

Reactions: Li Kao