News Sports, Anyone?

dummmyy

Nov 14, 2018
NBA free agency has been insane! I'm a Clippers fan in a sea of Lakers fans where I live, so getting Kawhi and PG has got me stoked! Lol Lakers picking up Cousins and re-signing Rondo and McGee isn't bad, but man, Clippers line up is insane. Probably best defense without having played a game. VERY exciting!

blindrhythm

positively pudding
Apr 17, 2019
I watch pretty much every sport other than golf and tennis. There's a couple that I don't follow as much as I would like, football/soccer and hockey, but I do mostly understand the rules and can follow a match/game.

But outside of the Chicago White Sox I really don't have a favorite team in any other sport. Between the Chargers leaving San Diego and the Kaep stuff I mainly just watch whatever NFL game is on if I watch any. And I never really had a favorite NBA team. Love watching it regardless.

I'm also that boring fan that's not competitive in the slightest. A Cubs fan could post after this about how garbage the White Sox are and yeah, yeah they are. The Cubs are clearly the better team in Chicago and have been for a while. At least Moncada, Anderson and Giolito are kind of starting to figure it out. Jimenez is pretty exciting too. Now if only Rodon could stay healthy for a change.

blindrhythm

positively pudding
Apr 17, 2019
Eloy is very exciting, especially now that he started figuring out how to hit major league pitchers.
The thing that bums me out is losing Tatis Jr. for James Shields of all people. An infield of him, Moncada and Anderson would be crazy good. It would also allow Anderson to move to 2B due to his pretty poor fielding at times.

Looking forward to seeing Luis Robert hit the majors too. Hopefully he can live up to the hype or at least come close.

Reactions: Ex-User (307)

blindrhythm

positively pudding
Apr 17, 2019
Luis is probably getting called up in September since he just got bumped to Charlotte, which is pretty exciting! Still pissed my favorite team didn't offer him the money that the Sox did.
Yep! That's the hope! And I honestly can't remember all of the teams that were trying for him. I know the Astros, Padres and I want to say the A's? But it seems like there were one or two more.

Though if you are a Padres fan, no hard feelings on Tatis Jr. While I might be bummed he never played for the White Sox I'm happy to see him doing really well. Dude will be a star if he keeps it up and stays healthy.

Reactions: Ex-User (307)

blindrhythm

positively pudding
Apr 17, 2019
Gotta say all this talk about sports has me wondering if anyone would be interested in a Madden or NBA 2k league? Shame there's no good baseball games on PC anymore. OOTP is fine, but I would like to actually play occasionally too.

I have no idea how tough something like that would be to set up, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to throw the idea out there. Even if it's only a small league I think it could be pretty fun.

Reactions: NeuralProxy

NeuralProxy

years to burn
Nov 12, 2018
Italy
I mainly watch NBA and NFL, supporting the Heat (since I was 12 in 06, and it all started thanks to a videogame) and the Seahawks (for the past 4-5 years, I used to watch random games before that). I watch pretty much every game of those two.

For the past 2-3 years I've been trying to get into MLB as well. I like the games but I can't really understand how a lot of off-the-field stuff works.

Football (soccer) is the only popular sport here in Italy but I never really cared for it, I only watch the World and Euro cup. Enjoyed the women's world cup quite a lot.

NFL off season is so boring. I hope my Seahawks do well this next season.

Last edited:
OP
Phoenix RISING

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
I only watch football (or soccer if you're American) when I'm with other people or when it's the world cup. Never cared that much for sports tbh.
Women's World Cup was LIT this weekend!

I'm watching the WWC Final and I wish I had a second monitor so I can watch the game there instead of going through tabs.
I remember this struggle.

I watch pretty much every sport other than golf and tennis. There's a couple that I don't follow as much as I would like, football/soccer and hockey, but I do mostly understand the rules and can follow a match/game.

But outside of the Chicago White Sox I really don't have a favorite team in any other sport. Between the Chargers leaving San Diego and the Kaep stuff I mainly just watch whatever NFL game is on if I watch any. And I never really had a favorite NBA team. Love watching it regardless.

I'm also that boring fan that's not competitive in the slightest. A Cubs fan could post after this about how garbage the White Sox are and yeah, yeah they are. The Cubs are clearly the better team in Chicago and have been for a while. At least Moncada, Anderson and Giolito are kind of starting to figure it out. Jimenez is pretty exciting too. Now if only Rodon could stay healthy for a change.
Too bad about tennis. Lots of great rising stars, especially in the WTA. There's currently a 15 year-old running riot, lol.

Also I like F1, kinda.
I pretend like I watch F1 because of Lewis Hamilton.

Gotta say all this talk about sports has me wondering if anyone would be interested in a Madden or NBA 2k league? Shame there's no good baseball games on PC anymore. OOTP is fine, but I would like to actually play occasionally too.

I have no idea how tough something like that would be to set up, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to throw the idea out there. Even if it's only a small league I think it could be pretty fun.
In my 20s, I had time. Not in my 30s. sorry.

you're dead to me.
I apologize for nothing.
Edit:
Yo ,and Kawhi shook the whole NBA by signing with the Los Angeles....CLIPPERS, LOL!!!!

Reactions: dummmyy

EdwardTivrusky

See You Hyper-Toxic Computer Cowboy
Dec 8, 2018
The only sport i follow is MotoGP, Go Cal Crutchlow! 🏁 Simoncelli Forever! ❤
I'll watch the start and end of the F1 races which is a shame as i used to watch all the way through.
I catch most of the Formula E season and miscellaneous WEC/BTCC etc events.

Outside of Autosport i watch Rugby Internationals, X Nations, World Cup etc
... and of course Curling during the Olympics!

Outside of those i'll catch bits and pieces of other sports but nothing i have any real interest or passion for.

ganmo

Dec 10, 2018
No badminton watcher here? I live in Sweden so I don't get to watch badminton on old TV at all, so I have to do all the watching from Youtube which luckily have an official channel where all the major games are broadcasted :)