So that^. But also yes, the trailer was quite uninspiring. I did really like Titanfall 2, I hope they carry some of that same innovation into this.No character creator in Fallen Order = No buy for me.
It's fine if they wanna feature one dude for marketing like Mass Effect and MaleShep, but please let me make my own... please?
It doesn’t even have the hook that Assassin’s Creed or other third-person games have.Jedi's Creed starring Ian Gallagher? Looked boilerplate as could be for a game involving lightsaber battles/Star Wars.
I would just go all out and say as the fidelity goes up overall, its all the little shortcuts that stick out more.One problem with greater graphical fidelity is that the better the visuals get, the more noticeable it becomes when dismemberment isn’t always applied.
The GI article says the map design is much more open, but they sure did a bad job showing that.I'm in the camp of the underwhelmed people. It's hard to articulate what was wrong in particular :
The combat moves seem like they could really be good and interesting if the game let you play around the way Jedi Outcast did.
- Level design couldn't be more linear
- Nothing about the location, story or the way it's all portrayed made me drawn to it. It doesn't have any of the star wars-appeal to the imagination
- The lightsaber is wrong. Core should be pure white. Sound when turning it off should have more oomph.
- More of Disney's bland cast of characters. Making characters appear everywhere isn't the same thing as lending them depth.
- I get that they wanted to showcase many different moves and make the demo interesting but I can't help worry that this character is a little too powerful for the lore. I hope we at least get the Training Montage to go with it.
Anyway, it feels like a star wars game should have at least captured a bit of the magic and been a lot more exciting than that.
And instead of looking cool it rather looks a bit archaic. It's okay to copy things from other games, but a SW game with LS combat needs a twist, something that makes it stand out.This seems like a rather middling area of the game for a demo designed to make the game look really cool.