|OT| Steam Weekly Top Sellers - A thread about weekly data

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
WHAT A WEEK, some really interesting changes and some really interesting numbers, we should really dig into this data, shall we?

Dyson Sphere Program goes from 4th to 1st this week getting the golden crown and the winner position of the chart, this "build your own mechanical city" game in the same sense of Factorio or Satisfactory has been getting really numbers and appreciation from the community since release so no wonder why so high, if nothing changes it should stay really high for some time, more data after the general analysis.

Tale of Immortal debuts 2nd and this is probably the most interesting one of the week, how so? well, this game is an Early Access RPG completely focused on the Chinese market, the game doesn't even have English options of any kind, so all the merits come from the same place, the Chinese market, as you will see after this the numbers it has been doing are absolutely mind blowing knowing that it's mostly a China exclusive.

VR stays 3rd and nothing really to comment here, it's the same story week after week, headset has a very standard production supply that let's buyers get their headsets and packs at home in mere few days or just a week, the fact that this trend is still so steady in positions shows that the amount of headsets is increasing and so the number of VR users, hopefully data will come clearer soon-ish.

Rust goes from 1st to 4th and just like that the second honeymoon of Rust reaches the final stage, OTV is about to finish in most of the communities, Spanish server as soon as next week if I'm not mistaken, the fact that this game has been drove mainly thanks to this streamers community and the influencers behind the videos is absolutely crazy, let's not forget that stayed first for 3 consecutive weeks it's something no less than amazing, anyway, the game will keep declining in numbers and positions over the next few days and weeks, we should expect it out of the charts in the next 2 weeks.

Cyberpunk 2077 stays 5th and this is absolutely fascinating. over 18 weeks in the chart (almost consecutive but 1 week broke the trend) and let's keep in mind that the game had a very rough release due to the technical trouble and it's also a single player game, of course the number of concurrent users playing the game decreased but the fact that still stays in the chart after all this time is absolutely incredible.

Ori and the will of the wisps debuts at 6th, after some time the game got a really good deal and players went all in, that's the reason why it's so high in the chart, really cool game, really similar to the first one but amazing nonetheless.

RDR2 goes from 6th to 7th, it was on sale and it's declining as the game is no longer on sale, it will go out in the next week or so. you already know my opinion about RDR2.

Phasmophobia goes from 7th to 8th, the decline keeps going, in fact it's out of the top 10 on Steam for some time so I don't think we will see this fella here for much longer, maybe, maybe not, I think the momentum is over and while it has a very dedicated community, I don't think the game has room for increasing the number of players as for right now, being made by a single dev is really impressive and the updates will come whenever the time is correct, however, I think it has been enough time here and the story of success has been amazing, so far the only thing left for the game is to slowly go down.

CSGO broken fang goes from 8th to 9th, same deal as every week, CSGO operation that stays high in popularity whithin the players of CSGO but not so much outside the circle of the game, it's difficult to know if it will stay here for much longer, but this one is still inside the top 10 so I expect to see this one for a bit longer.

Skul goes from 9th to 10th, got worse numbers than last week but I'm glad to see the game here, don't think it will stay for much longer but the more time an indie stays in the top 10, the better results for them so let's hope we keep seeing indie games such as Skul in here.

Dyson Sphere Program is a game that has been getting tons of praising from the community and the numbers are good, not only reached first place in the chart this week but also announced, by the devs, the game sold over 350k copies between Steam and WeGame platform, it reached a peak of 59,5k CCU players just today and overall a positive reception from players with a good number of positive reviews.

Game's projection is positive.

Another notorious one is "Tale of Immortal", a Chinese focused game that exploded in popularity, it's an early access RPG and out of nowhere it became one of the best selling games of the week (2nd), not only that but also peaked over 124,2k CCU players which is an absolutely ENORMOUS number for a Chinese almost exclusive game (take into consideration that the game is Chinese only) and reached almost 7,4k reviews (83% positive)

The projection is something else too.

And last but not least, it might not be part of the chart but I wanted to update the numbers of the Yakuza saga on PC, the peaks as for right now are the following ones, as you can see a lot of players are playing Y3 while Y4 and 5 will probably get bigger numbers in the near future as soon as players jump in.

That was all for this week, thank you for reading and stay safe, until next week, if want to ask anything, please do, the more, the better :blobmorning:

Last edited:

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I'm curious if Phasmophobia will still be in the top 10 by the next week.

Tale of Immortal as #2 is a big surprise! I wonder if when Steam China starts we will get consolidated numbers from both clients or if the data will be divided.

FeedMeAStrayCat

When you see me again, it won't be me.
Sep 19, 2018
Pennsylvania
Indeed, I could see Phasmophobia dropping out within the next week or two... but rebounding heavily in the Fall again, particularly if there are new updates and such

Reactions: Mor
OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I'm curious if Phasmophobia will still be in the top 10 by the next week.

Tale of Immortal as #2 is a big surprise! I wonder if when Steam China starts we will get consolidated numbers from both clients or if the data will be divided.
Most likely we will still get the numbers via main Steam package even if it's china specific outcome, we have seen this with other products, don't expect data to be an split between platforms.

Indeed, I could see Phasmophobia dropping out within the next week or two... but rebounding heavily in the Fall again, particularly if there are new updates and such
Phasmophobia will probably be out of the chart in the next two weeks basically because no new people is jumping in at the same rate and while population is steady, updates will come at a slower rate due to dev being a single person working on the game, which is fine tho.

OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I must say this has been a really great and interesting week, really wish all the weeks like this one happen more often from now on. :blobeyes::blobeyes::blobeyes:

Before we start checking the data I must add something, a lot of things happened even today, so this post is going to be long, quite long, thank you so much in advance for checking this week after week and now that I don't have anything else to add, let's get this thing started, shall we?

Valheim debuts 1st, latest Coffee Stain Publishing game has been doing quite the numbers on Steam, this Early Access game has quickly become a very popular product between content creators and players reaching numbers such 120k ccu or 7k reviews (positive reception) viking theme is still quite popular as you can see, hehe.

Tale of Immortal stays 2nd, the Chinese game is still getting tons of success, new CCU peak and tons of new reviews, nothing really to add but that the game will stay here for some time if a new game doesn't rob the main focus.

Nioh 2 debuts 3rd, big congratulations to Koei Tecmo as this is their best PC release ever, 4 times higher than the first one and within the big ones of the genre, over 40kccu peak and a great number of reviews that went from mixed to positive in no time, it's really impressive how the IP popularized so much that sequel debut is one of the best releases of the week (perhaps even the month, we will have to wait and see)

TW:W3 debuts 4th, it's a highly rated saga and a very exciting sequel, no wonder why it debuted just mere few days since pre-orders went up, a big part of this success was driven by the Chinese community.

VR goes from 3rd to 5th, we are back to November 2020 levels, do not worry, latest reports suggest a quick adoption of this technology and in general a very interesting growth of the VR population on Steam reaching nothing less than 2% of all the population, ABSOLUTELY CRAZY.

Dyson SP goes from 1st to 6th, I think this decline was mostly due to the high rate of debuts this week, heck today it even peaked in terms of CCU players, so yeah, it's very popular right now in video platforms and as such the game is quite high in the list.

Rust goes from 4th to 7th, natural decline is already happening, OTV servers are going down and so far the residual numbers are going back to the steady 10-15k daily users, will keep going down,

C2077 goes from 5th to 8th, keeps declining as expected, the game will stay up for a bit tho, this big lap between last week and this week is most likely due to the big amount of new entries to the chart via debuts, I think next week it might be a bit higher than this week.

ME:LE debuts 9th, just announced, just opened pre-orders and it's already entering the chart, don't expect this one to stay here next week, this position is basically all the pre-order fellas who bought it at the very first moment, a lot of people will wait until release, keep in mind this might be a very big release and stay in the charts for a few weeks, not like Cyberpunk but enough to make really good numbers, we will have to wait and see.

Sekiro returns at 10th, interesting sale precisely the week Nioh 2 releases, it worked and I'm sure Souls-like/ARPG fans are enjoying this chart for sure.

Impressive debut for Valheim, game just debuted but it reached the amazing number of 100k ccu players, game is also very popular on video platforms and in general it seems people are really liking it.

(picture from a few hours ago)

Tale of Immortal has been growing at a very quick rate this week, game reached a CCU peak of 184.1k players and 23,8k reviews, as you can see the daily pattern is quite similar due being China "exclusive" Game will receive English support in the future.

Nioh 2 is, without any doubt, the best PC release ever for Koei-Tecmo and Team Ninja, with a 4 times bigger mark than the first entry, Nioh 2 reached the stunning number of 40kccu peak and while reviews are mixed atm, they are getting getter. IP is more popular right now.

Steam reached today the impressive number of 26.4Mcc users and in case you wonder, there were 7.2M users playing games. We might have to wait for further evidence but, could this be an effect of the Chinese New Year festivities? it surely matches the timing.

Anyway, impressive.

OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Very interesting week too as we merge new releases with Lunar New Year sale. Let's take a look.

Valheim stays 1st, game goes really strong and had an stunning reception, while I will share some more specific details after the general analysis, keep in mind this is a multi-million seller, it's a juggernaut, perhaps the new Steam big seller of Q1? we will see.

Tale of Immortal stays 2nd, remains popular among the Chinese players and that's reflected by the numbers, not only it has been in the top chart for 3 weeks already but also it has been getting a regular amount of 150k+ ccu players each day, an English version is planned by the team.

Nioh 2 stays 3rd, same as last week and number of players is steady, over 5,5k reviews with 78% positive and over 35k+ ccu peaks makes this game the most succesful and steady game of Koei Tecmo's PC strategy, absolutely amazing to see.

PUBG returns at 4th, game is popular by default, was on sale and it skyrocketed thanks to the big moment.

Rust goes from 7th to 5th, game still remains popular among players and thanks to the sale it got better results than the previous weeks, the natural progression of this game is the decline to the usual 10kccu daily players but it will take some time before going out of the chart again, perhaps a few weeks.

VR goes from 5th to 6th, much like last week, due to the sale and the popularity of the games, VR has returned to positions from late October 2020, I expect it to, maybe go up in a few weeks.

HuniePop 2 debuts 7th, well, I don't really know how to describe this product so I will just say that it has been popular on both Steam and GOG (it launched in multiple services) but I don't know how it will behave in terms of positions in the next few weeks.

C2077 stays 8th, this juggernaut still battling to keep positions inside the chart, game is no longer hot, however it's still selling quite well despite being SP only and be 3 months old, awesome!

SoT returns at 9th, a classic of sale events, each time it gets discounted, it goes up, what a nice thing to see.

DSP goes from 6th to 10th, unfortunately it can't keep the momentum and while extremely popular, it's declining fast, we might not see this one next week and that's sad.

Valheim devs just announced they sold 2 million copies in 12 days, let me tell you, I'm not even surprised, their CCU peak right now is at 367,4k players and the Twitch data implies that the game isn't being pushed by influencers but by the game itself, which is fantastic.

Panda Pedinte

Sep 20, 2018
Valheim keeps seelling very well! Two million sold in two weeks is crazy for a game that wasn't in the radar of many people.

Tale of Immortal shows how big the Chinese market is, as a game without English localization is still in the top 10.

Nioh 2 even with shit regional price it'd doing well for KT

Hunie Pop 2 people are thirsty ¯\(ツ)

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
At some point the huge out-of-nowhere surprise successes cease being surprising. Of course, they are still "surprise successes" on an individual level, but I feel like we've now had at least one of those every few months for over a year, so the pattern is starting to set in.

I'd be surprised at this point if there isn't a game I have never heard of at #1 in the top sellers list some time in Q2 2021 :p

OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Quite a familiar feeling with this week entries but at the same time, an interesting one.

Valheim stays 1st, the viking survival game is the king of the chart after 3 weeks in a row in the first place, not only it has been hanging in there but also reached stunning numbers, game sold 3 million copies in 2 weeks, a 500k ccu peak just happened and the reviews are positive which is a good sign for an Early Access such as Valheim, and the best part is that the 5-dev team confirmed they have the intention to expand the studio in order to supply the demand of the community which is AWESOME.

Tale of Immortal stays 2nd for 4 weeks in a row which is, funny, ToI has been getting a lot of support by the user base, while it hasn't been reaching new ccu peaks it kept growing in terms of positive reception and, as we can see, people are still buying it so yeah, congrats to this team too, don't think it will go out in the next few charts, the team still plans an English version but no estimated time was announced.

VR goes from 6th to 3rd as the usual spot for VR, as expected, given the high amount of debuts we had the last few weeks the VR went down but once the games got steadier the VR returned to the usual bronze spot, VR reception keeps growing and the stock/production is steady so buying the product doesn't come with a delay for newcomers which is great.

PUBG stays 4th, last week it had a 50% off sale which make the game to come back to the chart, while the game isn't on sale anymore, the new influx of players basically created a momentum that makes the game stay that high without any problem, nothing really to comment here, it will go down in a week or two, maybe.

Rust stays 5th and it's the same deal as PUBG, game is popular and last week had a sale that had the same effect, a new influx of players that created a momentum for the game, once that momentum is over, the game will go down again at a slow but steady pace, should be going down soon.

Nioh 2 goes from 3rd to 6th, Team Ninja's latest adventure has been surprisingly popular and it has been in the top 10 for 3 weeks, since release, it is Koei Tecmo's best seller on the platform at release for sure, numbers are also quite interesting, over 7k reviews, present in the chart since release, a CCU peak of 40k players, I don't know about you but I think Koei must be really happy with this one, don't you think?

Battlefield V returns at 7th and it's an unexpected surprise, while it's not a weird thing to see EA games on sale on Steam since they came back, Battlefield V this time reached not only an spot in this chart but also reached a new all-time ccu peak in terms of players (alongside Battlefield 1) which is something I can't explain but it happened, who would have guessed, huh? market is so unpredictable.

SoT goes from 9th to 8th, same deal as PUBG and Rust but with a big difference, Sea of Thieves is really popular and every time the game goes on sale it goes up like crazy and that creates a new user momentum, however, as I said, this is a different deal, Sea of Thieves got an important update that added a lot of stuff so, while I don't think it will stay for long in the chart it might keep the player base for longer which is always nice.

GTA V returns at 9th, It's GTA V and it got a sale, don't think I need to explain this one haha.

Persona 5 Strikers debuts at 10th, THE PHANTOM THIEVES DEBUTED ON THE CHART TO STEAL YOUR HEART :cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob:
Thanks to the special edition (most likely) and the expectation for this game, Persona 5 Strikers debuted in the last spot of the chart, will it climb up? we will have to wait and see next week.

Well, observations.

Unfortunately games such as Dyson went out of the top 10, same goes for Cyberpunk 2077 after no less than 20 weeks which is absolutely crazy.
On the other hand I'm glad to see things like Nioh 2 hanging there so well after 3 weeks or Persona 5 debuting :cat-heart-blob:

Last edited:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Pleasantly surprised Strikers made the top 10. I was kinda pessimistic because the best sellers page showed it hovering in the low 20s.

OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Pleasantly surprised Strikers made the top 10. I was kinda pessimistic because the best sellers page showed it hovering in the low 20s.
Yeah but I'm guessing it's also a bit messed up because of the deluxe edition and the early numbers, you know? I think that kinda modified the general position of the package and it shows in a much lower place than it should (as we have seen here)

The biggest surprise was P5S, we can guess when P5 eventually releases it will also do well.
you can bet.

Yeah, this game has second wave of sales written all over it once P5R comes to Steam.
Absolutely, in fact a lot of people will jump once they beat P5R cause' P5S is way better if you have finished the main game.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Strikers is currently in 4th place on the Steam global charts. Now I'm really curious to see what the peak concurrent numbers will be like. It might be better than I had anticipated.

OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Strikers is currently in 4th place on the Steam global charts. Now I'm really curious to see what the peak concurrent numbers will be like. It might be better than I had anticipated.
Third at this very moment, HOPEFULLY it will be featured in this week chart way higher than just 10th to 5th :cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: C-Dub and lashman
OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
👏 WHAT 👏 A 👏 WEEK 👏

I'm surprised by how cool this week looks like (at least from a personal perspective)

Valheim stays 1st, ame is the king of the chart for 4 weeks in a row, devs already announced game sold over 4 million copies in 3 weeks (game is goin at 1.3 million copies per week), the 500k ccu peak stays there as the biggest point of players and the reviews are still really positive, congrats to the team because it's beautiful to see such a little studio being successful.

VR goes from 3rd to 2nd, second increase of position for VR, nothing really to comment here, VR reception keeps growing and the stock/production is steady so buying the product doesn't come with a delay for newcomers which is great and perhaps this week there was a higher demand than last week based on the third place of the chart.

Tale of Immortal goes from 2nd to 3rd, for 4 weeks in a row the game has been silver position however this week it went a place down, do not worry tho as it's still very popular, ToI is still getting a lot of support as people are still buying it so yeah, congrats to this team too, don't think it will go out in the next few charts either.

Persona 5 Strikers goes from 10th place to 4th and 5th, this is thanks to the special edition (most likely) and the standard edition, both have been performing really well, game had a CCU peak of 8k players and the number of reviews is already over 2.5k, expectation for this game were high and it delivered, Persona 5 Strikers debuted in the last spot of the chart last week and it climbed like a champion, will it be here next week? we will have to wait and see but IMHO I don't think it will as it's behaving like P4G which stayed on the chart for 2 weeks and it went out, however one thing is for sure, THE PHANTOM STOLE OUR HEARTS.

Stardew Valley returned at 6th place, actually, I thought it was thanks to the latest patch but that was a month ago so I'm not really sure why it came back.

Outriders debuted at 7th position, demo released this week and the reception was between mixed and positive so that skyrocketed the pre-orders of the main game, I don't really expect it to stay here next week but I'm sure it will reappear when the game releases, most likely, interesting for sure.

Nioh 2 goes from 6th to 8th, still surprisingly popular and it has been in the top 10 for 4 weeks already but game keeps declining, does it mean that the game has bombed? not even close, I still think, potentially, Koei Tecmo's best seller on the platform at release, all the reception hasn't gone down and players have really good reviews for this one, in general I think it has been quite a success.

Baldur's Gate 3 returns at 9th place, reason for this return is basically a big update, it will probably stay on the chart for a few weeks, 2 or 3 weeks more or less, but it will slowly go down.

CS:GO operation broken fang returns at 10th place, it's CSGO and it's basically an important one, after all the debuts of the last few weeks (4 missing weeks to be more precise), it has returned and it's unpredictable when it will go out again, we will have to wait and see.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Pretty wild how good a sequel to a game not even available on PC is selling.
I feel like there will be some "why the hell did we not sell our games on PC sooner!?" regrets going on at Atlus during the next years.

Panda Pedinte

Sep 20, 2018
I'm surprised by Stardew Valley making the top 10, as Mor pointed out the update 1.5 was released last month and looking over the data available on steamdb it seems the game had a huge boost concurrent players around the end of December 2020 and it maintained more than +50k players for 2 months. The only reason I can see for it appearing in the top 10 is because the game got a historical discount (50% off) on Steam a few days ago.

Not surprised by P5S appearing, albeit the bad regional pricing, it's a series that has gotten hugely popular and as the port of P4G showed people want to play Persona games on PC (who could have guessed it?).

Valheim keeps selling well, not even a month past it initial release and it sold 4 million of copies. It follows Valve's suggested regional pricing so I hope we get the sales percentage per country or region some day.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Lmao I bought a copy of Baldur's Gate this week and made it to the top 10, Steam is dead confirmed.

Also Mor this week was the 5 year anniversary for Stardew Valley with a big discount + they launched the board game which is already sold out so maybe that's why made it to the top? idk

Last edited:
OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Lmao I bought a copy of Baldur's Gate this week and made it to the top 10, Steam is dead confirmed.

Also Mor this week was the 5 year anniversary for Stardew Valley with a big discount + they launched the board game which is already sold out so maybe that's why made it to the top? idk
Oh, didn't know it was the anniversary, that would explain it alongside the board game.

Makes sense, thanks.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte
OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Unfortunately some of the predictions became true, but still an amazing week, don't you think? let's check it out.

Valheim stays 1st, nothing stops this train (for now), the viking survival is still doing stunningly well by selling 1 million copies per week and while they didn't reach their CCU peak in the last 2 weeks, their daily numbers are amazing and game's population has been steady, great support from fans, great reception and a big opportunity for this small team, great to see.

Loop Hero debuts at 2nd, ah yes, this is not surprising but still amazing to see, latest Devolver published game has been a success, team announced that they reached 150k copies within the release day (although it is unclear if they meant multistore or just Steam) and so far the reception for this game has been extremely positive, I expect this game to do big numbers, possibly a new hit? we will have to wait and see.

VR goes from 2nd to 3rd, still inside the usual range, given that both Valheim and Loop Hero are extremely popular I think this decrease is completely normal, never forget this is revenue based so yeah, that's a lot of headsets that must be sold in order to reach two popular games, anyway, VR is still doing really well, numbers are constantly going up, nothing really to say here when it comes to sales.

Deep Rock Galactic returns at 4th, team announced this year's roadmap and game went on sale at the same time so a lot of people jumped in, game released 1.0 in May 2020 and it was already successful, as an interesting data point, both Valheim and Deep Rock Galactic are Coffee Stain published games so yeah, I think they must be happy as heck.

Outriders goes from 7th to 5th, actually a big surprise, like I said last week, I wasn't expecting such a reception for the game in the form of pre-orders, I know the demo had mixed-positive reactions, some were jokes, some were bad but it seems that the game found a community on PC that wants to jump in as soon as they can, we will see if this is another Avenger's case but overall the pre-orders are already higher than Marvel game so, we will see, it will be interesting to see game numbers.

Tale of Immortal goes from 3rd to 6th, first time under top 5 since it topped the charts 6 weeks ago, Tale of Immortal might have decreased a bit however, their creators are happy as they just announced they sold 1.8 million copies of the game, stunning to see such numbers for a completely unknown game that came out from nowhere, this is the power of the Chinese market, isn't it? Game is not going out of the charts yet, in fact we might see some increase next week.

Hades returns at 7th, people loved this game so no wonder why every time it goes on sale it enters the top 10, basically this is the reason why Hades returned, might be here even after the sale ends, but I don't expect it to stay more than two weeks.

Baldur's Gate 3 goes from 9th to 8th, this is the result of the momentum that the newest update gave to the game, new people are entering this adventure as it's maturing slowly but steady, nothing really to add to this.

CS:GO Operation Broken Fang goes from 10th to 9th, it's CS:GO, it sells by definition hehe

Dying Light Enhanced Edition returns at 10th, surprising as, while the game is beloved by the community, it's unusual that with one single sale it goes as far as reaching the top 10, however, the constant updates and the fact that it's cheap might be the reasons why a lot of newcomers are buying it for the first time, I don't expect it to stay for long tho.

From last week
Persona 5 Strikers goes from 10th place to 4th and 5th, this is thanks to the special edition (most likely) and the standard edition, both have been performing really well, game had a CCU peak of 8k players and the number of reviews is already over 2.5k, expectation for this game were high and it delivered, Persona 5 Strikers debuted in the last spot of the chart last week and it climbed like a champion, will it be here next week? we will have to wait and see but IMHO I don't think it will as it's behaving like P4G which stayed on the chart for 2 weeks and it went out, however one thing is for sure, THE PHANTOM STOLE OUR HEARTS.
I hate when I'm right in cases like this, it was expected to happen as the behaviour of the game was very similar to Persona 4 Golden, so, what's next? if it keeps behaving like P4G it will stay in the top 20 for some time and then it will be in top 50 for months to come, but that's pure speculation and there are no proofs of such thing, even less proof if you keep in mind that P5S is quite different to P4G.

Panda Pedinte

Sep 20, 2018
I remember people playing the Loop Hero demo in one of the festivals and having a very positive opinion of it. Good to see it in the top 10.

Reactions: lashman and Mor
OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I've not heard of Loop Hero. But looking at the aesthetic, don't think it would be my thing.

I still need to play Cadence of Hyrue and the rhythmic game that started the genre. Forget the name.
Crypt of the Necrodancer :cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: Phoenix RISING
OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
This week can only be defined with a ver specific sentence "cars go brum brum" :upside-down-face:
Let's take a look, shall we?

Valheim stays 1st, pretty much like last week, nothing stops this train, the viking survival is still doing stunningly well but the ratio of selling 1 million copies per week hasn't been reached this week, things haven't changed in terms of numbers, game still has a CCU peak that hasn't been reached for 2 weeks, reviews are still very positive and game has been getting updated periodically.

Forza Horizon 4 debuts at 2nd and 5th, this is not surprising at all given that the price tags and the reception it had, New MS game that it's successful on Steam, Forza not only appeared on the top 10 chart this week twice (thanks to different SKUs) but also became top 3 biggest releases for the racing genre on the platform, at this very moment, only Dirt 3 Complete Edition is higher and it's the biggest one of the genre with a 40k CCU peak.

Loop Hero goes from 2nd to 3rd, due to FH4 release and the price tag/copies volume, Devolver's game goes down a bit but still strong, reception is really positive, it has reached 500k copies sold this week and team has promised regular content updates, this game had a lot of potential and it's delivering as expected, great to see this getting some love.

VR goes from 3rd to 4th, a very popular top 3 made the headset to go down by one, nothing worrying, still selling well.

Tale of Immortal stays 6th, momentum for this game might be gone, it's still selling well and there could go up at any moment, game is probably over the 2 million copies sold at this point and it's still a china exclusive, so it's even more impressive if you think about it.

CS:GO Operation Broken Fang goes from 9th to 7th, It's CS:GO, it goes up and down whenever people wants.

Shadow of War returns at 8th, it was 9€ thanks to a sale so that boosted the game.

Stronghold Warlords debuts at 9th, the strategy game debuted this week on top 10 chart however reception wasn't that great and reviews were mixed, looks like game needs some additional work, at the time of this post the game is no longer in top 10 so I don't expect it to appear again next week.

Metro Exodus Gold Edition returns at 10th, it was 15€ thanks to a sale so that boosted the game.

Panda Pedinte

Sep 20, 2018
No surprises for the past week except for Stonghold Warlords.

FH4 doing well was a given and according to ZhugeEX it's doing well in countries that follow Valve's suggested regional pricing.

• This!
OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018

Valheim stays 1st another week, the 1 million copies per week hasn't been reached this week neither, things haven't changed in terms of numbers nor general projection, reviews are still very positive and game has been getting updated periodically fixing stuff and adding minor QOL changes, although studio confirmed more things are coming in terms of content.

VR goes from 4th to 2nd, quite an increase in just 1 week, as far as I know the only thing that could have give the VR some momentum is the announcement of the PSVR2 controllers and the HL:Alyx anniversary, in any case, Index has been selling quite well this last week.

GTA V returns at 3rd and the answer is simple, GTA Online got updated with a hotfix that reduced the load time up to 70% and at the same time Rockstar had a publisher sale that was advertised in the main page of the platform, so 1+1=2, GTA V is a juggernaut and you know it.

Loop Hero goes from 3rd to 4th, Devolver's game goes down once again and the momentum seems to have lowered in this week, reception has been amazing, really good in fact, it hasn't reached any more milestones this week (AFAIK) and team promised regular content updates and we got some updates about what kind of content we should expect like new cards or a new character.

CS:GO goes from 7th to 5th and as I said last week, it goes up and down whenever people wants, there are multiple events around the globe that affect the momentum of this game but overall it's all about how the community reacts.

RDR2 returns at 6th, like GTA V, the game has been featured on a publisher sale and while no update was put in this game like it happened with GTA V, the game is selling really well, as a personal note, I think it's one of my favorite games ever made, although RDR1 is better IMO.

FH4 goes from 2&5 to 7&8th, both skus dropped quite a lot, among other things, due to their price and the big sales that have been happening at the same time. I don't think we will see it next week but WHO KNOWS.

Outriders returns at 9th, pre-order went up after the Square Enix digital showcase, release is also quite close so people are jumping in already, day 1 figures should be interesting.

Tale of Immortal goes from 6th to 10th, momentum is over, while it will stay in the charts for some time, I don't think we will see any more big increases with this game.

OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
First of all I want to say that this is the 40th week of this weekly analysis and I want to thank you all for being week after week here :cat-heart-blob:
That being said, let's get this week started because it's not the most exciting one of all time but it's interesting nonetheless.

Valheim stays 1st for eighth week in a row, game is still a success and it doesn't seem to be slowing down for the time being, the number of players hasn't declined at a high rate so the retention is good, as a mere curiosity, Valheim has been in the top 1 longer than any other recent game, surpassing Cyberpunk 2077, Fall Guys, Among Us or Phasmophobia in terms of how long they stayed as the first ones.

Subverse debuts 2nd after a non-surprising successful Kickstarter campaign, game is still in early access and it's episodic, however it reached quite an stunning position in this chart and a 25,3K CCU peak the release day, however, that impressive number didn't last for long, Subverse had a very quick descend in numbers and positions, I will need more time to see how this one evolves but at this very moment it seems that, while it was successful, the retention of players isn't great.

VR goes from 2nd to 3rd and HL:Alyx returns at 4th, why am I joining this two places together? Well, it's because for once, both go hand to hand. It is not unusual to see the Index pack in such a high place but Alyx has something to do this week, as you might know already, Half-Life:Alyx is already 1yo, time flies, and the main reason why it is here is because the game was on sale due to the anniversary for the first time since release, you might be wondering how well has been doing since release and well, it's over 45,9k reviews with a 98% positive (STUNNING) and in terms of sales estimations, it's already over 1 Million copies via Playtracker and the reviews multiplication method, so while official wording would have been great, we only have this pieces of data.

Outriders goes from 9th to 5th, the closer we get to the release day, the higher it gets, Outriders is potentially a hidden hit, not saying it's going to break records but I think it will do way better than we all expected prior the demo, so far the game has been in 4 weekly charts as a pre-order, that's a good sign for the game and the potential release, in fact, it should be interesting to see what kind of numbers it pulls, let's wait and see. Oh Square, you always accepting moneyhats when you would be covered in gold by releasing everything everywhere day and date.

GTA V goes from 3rd to 6th, no longer on sale but base price is quite small and the latest hotfix patch for GTA Online doing wonders when it comes to bring newcomers to the game, 2013 and still in the top 10 weekly charts, this thing won't happen again.

It Takes Two debuts at 7th. best PC debut of a Josef Fares game, it takes two had a really warm welcome on Steam, the game is fun, absolutely beautiful and it had the biggest CCU peak of all Fares games, at the same time game release happened at the same time as the Remote Play Together event of 2021, so that might have pushed the game a bit plus the friend invite mechanic, over 1,5k reviews which 95% are positive, amazing.

CS:GO goes from 5th to 8th, same deal as every previous week, it goes up and down whenever people wants, there are multiple events around the globe that affect the momentum of this game but overall it's all about how the community reacts, not even going to change what I said because it's the only truth I can see for this product.

TW3 returns at 9th, it was on deep sale so it quickly jumped into the top 10.

C2077 returns at 10th, it was on sale and while it still has technical problems, the promise of multiple fixes and the reduced price helped V returning to the top 10 for a week.

Panda Pedinte

Sep 20, 2018
I wonder how many morr weeks Valhein will still be in the firsta position. It already passed 6 million copies solds so must be one of the biggest releases on pc this year.

I'm kinda surprised by Subverse being #2 as I understimeted how many people are interrlested in that kind of game.

HL:A must have sold a good number of copies to hit number #4 and I not gonna lie, seeing a VR exclusive game on top 10 makes me wish for the day that tecnology is more accessible.

Outriders is a game that I thought it could be a massive flop but I was wrong, glad I'm not a games market analyst or something like thag :toucan:

GTA V, TW3, CS:GO and now C77 are games that will always make into the top 10 once they have a sale.

It Takes Two debuting in the top 10 makes is nice, the game looks fun and seems to be reviewing well.

OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
The king is dead, long live the new king!

Outriders goes from 6th to 1st after weeks of climbing the game finally reached the top of the chart, Outriders release has been mixing due to connectivity problems however, people seems to like it a lot in a very funny way, game is also the best debut on PC of any Square Enix game ever which is amazing to see, after this analysis I will share some data but at this moment the CCU peak is 120,3k players, STUNNING!

It takes two goes from 7th to 2nd and it won't cease to amaze me how big this game is becoming, projection for this game was the usual one, with some decent success for the title but always within the limits of the genre, however numbers have been doing wonders and player reception as warm as you can imagine with over 5.8K reviews (95% positive btw) and a CCU peak of 21,3k (40k if we keep in mind the friend's pass), really great to see this game getting that love it wants to share :cat-heart-blob:

The Binding of Isaac: Repentance debuts at 3rd and with that comes the end of this saga, Isaac finally has a canonical ending and not only that but hundreds of thousands of hours of content, expectations were pretty high for this last expansion and it delivered, tweaks and patches are being deployed constantly, it hasn't reached a new peak of players but 58k as max. number is still quite impressive, we might see Isaac in here for some time, his torment won't end, never.

Valheim goes from 1st to 4th after Eight weeks having the crown, momentum is gone, newcomers and new entries dethroned the viking adventure and while it won't go out of the chart anytime soon (a few weeks for sure) the game has lost most of the momentum, no new peaks but steady population, game sold over 8 million copies (IIRC)

VR goes from 3rd to 5th as a very popular top 4 made the headset to go down by two, nothing worrying, still selling well as you can see in the steam data stats.

HZD returns at 6th and this is what happens when you put a game a lot of people want on sale for a price most people are willing to pay (30€) which is probably the price it should have released with (same goes to Days Gone). I don't expect it to stay after the sale ends but this is just another proof that games will sell when price is correct as expectations and reputation is already there, you only need to tweak the only point is preventing it selling more and more copies.

Evil Genius 2 debuts at 7th the classic saga returns with a new entry but not quite the improvement a lot of people expected as it's essentially a similar game, however, it had a robust debut with tons of praising and good words but the niche genre of course was part of why isn't way higher, I don't think we will see it next week in the top 10 chart again, at this moment it is already out and quite far away from the top 10.

The Elder Scrolls Online crown packs DLC returns at 8th due to a sale of this package and a very steady population of players, nothing to say about this one, once the sale is over, the package will disappear from top 10.

CSGO goes from 8th to 9th and same deal as every previous week, it goes up and down whenever people wants, there are multiple events around the globe that affect the momentum of this game but overall it's all about how the community reacts, not even going to change what I said because it's the only truth I can see for this product.

C2077 stays 10th as it's still on sale and the 1.2 fix patch has been deployed so people keeps jumping into this adventure, while it's on sale the game will stay in here, although if further fixes are being released, it could go up, so far the experience is smoother but still rough.

Last edited:

Panda Pedinte

Sep 20, 2018
Interesting week! A mix of new releases and games that got a boost by being put on a sale.

Looks like Outriders will be the next big GaaS game.

It's nice to see It Takes Two reaching #2 spot and the game got some nice numbers of players especially for something that is co-op focused. BoI is still popular, so I'm not surprised by it debuting at #3 as the expansion was being hugely awaited.

Valheim falls to #4 though I guess it will still stays at the top 10 list for quite some time yet.

The biggest surprise though was the TESO DLC Crown Pack :ROFLMAO:.

Reactions: Mor and lashman

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Man, ppl really paying that much money for BoI? I remember buying the original for $1.

I don't see myself ever paying upwards of $40 for the "complete" edition. I'm not even sure if I want to give that game any money because of how hard it tips its fedora.

Besides that, I'm still waiting on a new, original, SP game to make one of these lists. Tale of Immortal? I'll have to check that out.
NVM. sandbox.

OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
This week on "The price is right" we got quite a top 10, don't you think? not because new releases but because we got things like you would have not believed seeing in the same top 10 from the same platform if this was shown to you in 2015.

Let's get this thing started then...

Outriders stays 1st, despite all the technical problems, the bugs and the mixed reviews (mostly due to this kind of errors) Outriders is still selling well and receiving praising from players as the game seems to be fun in general and delivers with the premise and the genre, I expect it to stay in the top 10 chart for some weeks from now on, maybe next week it won't be first one due to other competitors sales but still in high positions.

It takes two stays 2nd and absolutely deserved, game has more than doubled the previous Josef Fares game CCU peak with 21,5k players and, as for this week, it's over 10k reviews already which is stunning for a game of this kind, super varied, fun and in general very lovely, It Takes Two has been performing really well when it comes to sales and reception, big congrats to the team.

FH4 returns at 3rd and this is the first case of "this is what happens when the price is right" this week. Forza Horizon 4 not only has returned to the top 10 for the first time since the Steam release but also re-debuted on a third position (higher than on release week) and surpassed the previous CCU peak reaching now a 40.39k players, this is what happens when you put the right price to your game and don't completely destroy any desire for the game in some particular regions.

SoT returns at 4th and as every time Sea of Thieves gets a sale it quickly climbs up the chart, no exception, so nothing really to add here, sea of thieves is quite popular and as so it's here, when sale is over it will slowly go down and disappear from the top 10 until next time.

HZD goes from 6th to 5th and this is the second case of the right price as it has been not only present on the top 10 chart for two consecutive weeks but it has also get over 4k reviews since it's on sale, game had an expensive price tag than a lot of people were willing to pay so when the game got this first serious sale it quickly became apparent than those users jumped in as the rime was right, port has also being corrected since release and right now it looks like experience is a way better one than on release, it hasn't reached new CCU peak but that won't always happen, yet it doesn't mean it's not doing well right now.

MCC returns at 6th due to the microsoft publisher sale, it's 50% off and it's fricking halo, super popular release and well, same as Sea of Thieves, as popular than it just climbs up every time it goes on sale, when this is over, it will slowly go down.

Valheim goes from 4th to 7th and lost the momentum, game is still popular but clearly it reached the critical zone or the highest point it could reach while in Early Access, nothing to add to Valheim just that natural progression goes both up and down and now it's decline time for Valheim, it's hanging in there for longer than I expected at first to be honest, but hey, let's see how long it stays there.

Index kit goes from 5th to 8th and it's nuts because as you can see the chart is revenue based and each Index pack is pricey as heck, so, you can imagine the volume of copies sold the sales are moving this week, eighth place? damn son, that's a ton of money, either that or it hasn't been selling that much this week but I don't think this is the reason as I mentioned other metrics for the other games and are high, really high.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 Iberia DLC debuts at 9th because Iberia is the best best-y (clearly not biased) and it would have been higher if it wasn't for the big sales, however I'm happy to see this DLC debuted directly within the chart, let's hope it stays a bit longer.

TBOI Repentance goes from 3rd to 10th, don't be sad Isaac, this was a very hard week for you due to multiple sales, however the game has been haging in there like a true god child, Repentance has still much potential in terms of sales so it will stay there at least one more week, we will see tho.

Panda Pedinte

Sep 20, 2018
So we had Square-Enix, EA, MS and Sony games in top 10, if someone told me about it in 2015 I could laugh.

FH4 selling well after getting a discount is no surprise, though MS should have had a better pricing since the Steam release as it's not a new game that was already available on other platforms.

As I said previously in this same thread, every time SoT has a sale it enters the top 10 it also got a boost on concurrent players

Valheim lost some positions though it is still a popular game going by the number of concurrent players.

ETS 2 DLC doing well shows that the public for simulation games is there plus it was a long awaited expansion.

OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Please, excuse me as this week I totally forgot to publish this one as I have been busy and also I didn't feel excited about this week no matter how long I check it, anyway, here we go although a bit shorter than previous weeks!

It takes two goes from 2nd to 1st, already announced that game reached the million copies sold, this lovely (hehe get it?) co-op game has been selling like hot cakes since release reaching the stunning number of +15k reviews with over 95% positive, seriously impressive. still in the top sellers so yeah, it's a juggernaut to the point I'm wondering if Steam is their best seller platform.

Stellaris Nemesis debuts at 2nd, Stellaris is still insanely huge and popular and of course the latest DLC wasn't going to be an exception, yet, I don't think it will stay tomorrow in the top 10, we will see.

VR goes from 8th to 3rd and to be fair, nothing really to comment without VR numbers (and I should really do the numbers)

Sea of Thieves stays 4th even tho the sale already ended, this is proof that MS games are strong, really strong as they are GAAS and they can stay for longer (don't think Sony games are not strong in the charts, they just work differently) also, it had a doggos update or pack so that's aawwwww

Outriders goes from 1st to 5th, momentum hasn't disappeared completely but as the week was a bit slow, well, it went down a bit, we will see this week tho with all the new releases and the sales.

Valheim goes from 7th to 6th, still there, it's getting updated regularly but the momentum stopped so yeah, slowly going down but still there for some time.

MH Iceborne returns at 7th, capcom sale, was cheaper, it's Monster Hunter which is a juggernaut so yeah, it came back after a long time.

The forest returns at 8th, lowest price ever, very popular, won't stay much longer after sale, I guess.

FH4 goes from 3rd to 9th, same as Sea of Thieves but way more expensive.

Satisfactory returns at 10th, newest update (4) released last week, game is getting a lot of new stuff so new players are coming in the more they add.

OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Now THIS IS WHAT I CALL A VERY INTERESTING WEEK (not biased at all hehe) so as I don't want this to forget about this, let's do this analysis right now, shall we? ^^

Two kings raised up this week, Josh Swain and Nier Replicant, which debuted on Steam with 2 positions on the top 10 chart, 1st and 9th, strong pre-order performance alongside a good projected release made this possible, the PC port presents a wide variety of technical problems for different people, however that didn't prevent the game reaching stunning numbers like 3,5k reviews in 72 hours (78% positive as for right now) and a max. CCU peak of 28,6k players, if nothing changes all the sudden, Nier should stay here for at least another week.

It Takes Two went from 1st to 2nd this week but don't be mistaken, this is a juggernaut, EA announced game reached 1 million copies sold, when it comes to Steam since release it has been in the charts and it doesn't seem that is going to drop anytime soon, right now the game has surpassed the 16,3k reviews which is absolutely unbelievable for a game that "came out from nowhere" so, quite happy to see this little game among the big ones.

Index stays 3rd one more week and as it is VR, I won't be talking too much about it right now, it will have a dedicated analysis at some point, the only thing you need to know is that as the chart is revenue based and the Index stock is steady, hardware stays quite high always except exceptional weeks of big sales or so.

Battlefield V returned at 4th as part of the EA fps sale, this one is interesting as it reached a new CCU peak of 22,8k players thanks to this price reduction, in fact game¡s growth has been steady and sale after sale population has been increasing for the WW2 game, so it's very interesting to see it there, after this sale I don't think it won't stay on charts for long, perhaps some momentum but not more than an additional week.

Titanfall 2 returned at 5th in the same way as BF V, EA sale in combination of Apex Legends content boosted TF2 numbers to the point of, again, reaching a new CCU peak of 16,9k players which is very interesting and I'm glad this game is getting a second chance on Steam, unfortunately, like BF V, once the sale is over, the game will go out of the charts again until next time, but don't worry, they will be back.

CSGO Operation Broken Fang returns to the chart at 6th after 1 week missing, it's CSGO, it gets boosted by the events and the community, it goes up and down as they please.

The Forest stays in the chart going from 8th to 7th as it was on sale with historical lowest last week, this is the momentum, it will probably go out next week as it's not on the top 10 any longer at this very moment.

And lastly but not less important, Outriders at 10th, which has been in the top 10 chart for 8 weeks (not consecutive tho) so we can safely say that game had a good performance and S-E should be quite happy with the success, a bit difficult to say if this will stay for much longer but we will see.

Panda Pedinte

Sep 20, 2018
No surprises the past 2 weeks (maybe the Stellaris DLC) Nier doing well was something I was expecting, especially as the first game never released originally on PC.

It Takes Two still is on top 10 and must be doing really well, as you said it already passed 1 million copies sold too bad EA doesn't share the exact sales division.

OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Pre Golden Week but that it's a mix of a lot of things, if you ask me, it's a very interesting week with something in particular that is surprising but let's just say for the moment that this list would have been called a fake 6-7 years ago, damn! how things change.

PUBG returns at 1st and surprisingly this week the winner won't take a very extended analysis as it's very simple, PUBG is at the moment on sale (50% off) so a new wave of players jumped in, game will stay in a very high position while a sale is running, easy as that.

CS:GO goes from 6th to 2nd and that was the last time we name Broken Fang as operation ended just this week, from now on the game won't have any operation until a new one is announced so, game could still be high in the charts but I don't know how this will affect sales, I guess it will slow down a bit until later this year, or maybe not hehe.

It Takes Two goes from 2nd to 3rd, EA's game keeps selling like hot cakes and it doesn't seem to be slowing down a bit, since release the game jumped up to the top 3 and since then it has been hanging on there, the game is still reaching interesting numbers when it comes to reviews with almost 20k published reviews, isn't that amazing? too bad we don't have a platform split, it would be amazing to see what's the % represented by Steam.

VR goes from 3rd to 4th and yeah, same as every week, VR is steady and expensive, there's a steady flow of hardware being bought and sent so yeah, no wonder how it's always in here and always in the same range.

Nier Replicant goes from 1st and 9th to 5th as the pre-orders are not being counted anymore and only the direct sales are being numbered, what can I say, it's doing pretty well considering this one had lower expectations than Nier Automata (due to having already a reputation) but that didn't prevent the game staying another week in right in the middle, with almost 6k reviews and while the estimation is that game sold around 200-300k on Steam, well, I would say it's a great number, a lot of people will get in on sale so, while the current wave of people buying it already topped (which means we won't see this next week in the charts) it will probably re-appear when a sale is done like the Golden Week 2022 or something like that.

Death Stranding returns at 6th and once again shows that this game had a real appreciation in the PC scene, I guess it's because it feels more like a PC game than a console game due to the mechanics or the mood but somehow people really want to jump in every time it's on sale and this time it wasn't an exception (Golden week sale) so I'm glad to see the appreciation for this more "weirder" or personal experiences, in my honest opinion, this game during the pandemic was something completely different, it felt like what it really was meant to be.

Total War Rome Remastered debuts at 7th and while the original game has a real appreciation from the community as it's what started everything and it's a classic, that didn't prevent this remastered from getting mixed reviews due to certain technical problems here and there (even tho they are positive now) but I guess not that many people jumped in as it completely disappeared from the top 20 already so, there's that, Rome, we will see you later I guess when you get a sale or something, next week tho, no, we won't see you.

Resident Evil 8 debuts at 8th, hehe, pre-orders are going strong with this one too, next installment of this famous IP is projecting itself as a complete success, not really much to say at this point until game releases but so far it's looking good for Capcom's first 2021 flagship on PC.

Nier Automata returns at 9th thanks to the golden week and, don't you think it's amazing to see both Replicant and Automata together on the same chart? kind of unbelievable and yet at the same time it happens and it feels normal at this point, well, reasons why it's here? sale from golden week, it's an amazing game and S-E promised for a second time a patch, will it happen? who knows, but promise is there hehe, I think this one will stay here until Golden week is over, why Automata instead of Replicant? price is better at this moment, as I said, a lot of people will get Replicant when it's on sale.

Valheim goes from 8th to 10th and the descend to the abyss continues, it's not a bad thing to be lowering the position, in fact, it has been here for quite a lot, it's just the momentum, it's gone so game will descend over and over until it disappears, not sure when it will happen but probably soon.

Panda Pedinte

Sep 20, 2018
PUBG usually sells well when it goes on sale though I don't remember if it was #1 during the previous sales.

CS:GO operations are always popular, so no surprise.

It Takes Two still doing well is cool but I wonder how many weeks it will still hold on the top 10.

Both Niers are not a surprise Replicant seems to be reviewing well by the community and I think the promise to finally patch Automata may also have helped in it making into top 10.

Death Stranding is one of these games that will always appear in top 10 once it enters a sale. As you put Mor it is a game that resonate well with PC players.

RE8, I think it will keep going up and may have a chance to be #1 by the next week.

• Comfy