|OT| The 2021 MetaCouncil's Addiction Log (track your finished games here!)

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
8. Resident Evil 7 - PC - 25-27/04/21

8a - The Beginning Hour - 25/04/21
Piece of shit demo which maybe had a slight interest as a hype machine at the time (and as a click maker for several sites doing poorly written walkthroughs). Now ? Nope. Content seems to be reused in the game anyways, and you lose nothing lore wise as the bits are also in the game.

8b - Resident Evil 7 - 26/04/21
Like I said in the Steam Thread, I am so not a fan of the Chainsaw Massacre / Saw vibe the dev obviously went for. Too many forced exposition, too much die & retry, far too many encounters with the same boss too, but at this point it's unfortunately becoming part of the series.
That said, it's good looking, it plays well and I don't regret playing it.
I'm just really looking forward to vampires and werewolves, rather than fucking psycho killers.

8c - DLC - Not a Hero - 27/04/21
I don't know in what manner it colors my perception of the DLC, but I learned a couple of minutes before starting it that it was outsourced.
AND DEAR GOD IT SHOWS !
Mediocre shoot bang in reused assets galore. The shooting was expected, but damn, the level design is shit tier.

8d - DLC - The End of Zoe - 27/04/21
Now this... I will have trouble not writing in all caps from now on. On paper it's stupid and a waste of time, like every RE DLC for some years (looking at RE:Revo2 for example). In reality, this is GLORIOUS ! Plain and simple. So good to play a game that is ok with just being a game and not a serious movie, stupid to the point of being, just incredibly fun.
I WANT A WHOLE GAME OUT OF THIS. PLEASE CACPOM ! :cryblob:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
#9, The House of Da Vinci
It's fine I guess. I do remember enjoying The Room games more, but I wonder if time has colored that memory. We'll see.
play the second one ... it's much better

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Been a while since i beat anything, got caught up in a few large games all at once.

15. Horizon Zero Dawn Complete (Steam) - Played it at release on PS4 so had forgotten a lot of it. They must have fixed the random crashes as the only issue I had was a couple of times the game slowed to a crawl and the assets needed to be re processed. Looks and run great with plenty of fun characters and things to do. ★★★★ 1/2

16. Marvel's Avengers (Steam) - Great campaign in the most part, Baker is fantastic and Hulk/Banner. All the characters play very differently apart from the arrow twins. Hulk still feels like a gust of wind could kill him but I suppose that is the dilemma of the game, can't make Hulk like in the comics or no one would use any other character. The grind post game and the endgame is weak but there is fun to be had. Game seems completely broken atm, I stumbled upon a build for Cap that melts even the hardest units and bosses in 3-5 gamma shield throws. ★★★ 1/2

Reactions: lashman

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
18Destiny 2 Season of the ChosenPC (Steam)Battle Pass to 180, all the Seasonal stuff with the Battlegrounds, got the Seasonal Exotics as well (and some of that stuff I did twice because I played Warlock and Titan)5/9/20211

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
17. Control + DLC (Steam) - Played it release on PS4, performs much better and is much easier on PC. No 15fps sections, aiming somewhat in the right direction. The Alan Wake DLC is lacking, the other one is pretty good. ★★★★ 1/2

18. 100 Hidden Snails (Steam) - In a picture are 100 hidden snails, click on each for an achievement. It should take 5mins max, took me 9 as I didn't release there were 5 more at the bottom beyond the first white space. ★★

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
9 - Destroy All Humans - PC (Game Pass) - 22/05/21
Mediocre and boring, mission design relying too heavily on time trials, and surprise motherfuckers, you were hate playing it in order to say you finished the game ? The two final bosses are incredibly difficult.
I know the series is more famous for its second installment, but Jeez, I will be very wary to play it now.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
10a - Nier Replicant - Route A - PC - 23/05/21
Hated the game, but as expected the lore is very good. The other routes have some real potential if they expand on it.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
19. Mass Effect 1 - Legendary (Steam) - Still as amazing as it first was. The mechanics are completely changed to be more like ME2 and ME3 but the RPG is still there somewhat. Great characters and grand scale not seen before or since. ★★★★★

20. Mass Effect 2 - Legendary (Steam) - Barely an RPG but does the moments as well as ME1. A more insular personal story and kind of drags near the end when all you end up doing is making people happy to die. ★★★★

21. Higgs-Bosun: Minimal Puzzle (Steam) - Short puzzle game where you rotate elements to form a path for the particles to follow. Starts simple, but once multiple elements rotate when you rotate one based on it's colour the difficulty ramps up. Too short though, needed more of the more complex puzzles. ★★★ 1/2

22. The Wild at Heart (PC Gamepass) - Delightful pikmin-a-like. Standard metroidvania formula, slowly collect the five types of of sprite with different abilities to expand your ability to explore the world and solve the various puzzles. Beautiful artwork and sound. ★★★★ 1/2

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
11 - Wasteland 2 Director's Cut - PC - 31/05/21
Play time - 111,8h
Conflicted. Far too long for its own good, the welcome was outlasted by a great margin. Rare but huge difficulty spikes. Some irritating bugs. Shit and abrupt ending. Relatively ugly. But as a whole ? If not the best CRPG I played, it's the best I played in years. You want a CRPG, you could do much worse, this is some really good shit.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
10b - Nier Replicant - Route B - PC - 02/06/21
This route ups the drama to the max, with the subtetly of a truck. Paradoxically a little laughable and still quite effective. You will feel miserable. Some suspicions are confirmed, ending is altered for the better. I fear I will still need to find a Nier Replicant for dummies when all is said and done, though.
I'm afraid I will repeat myself every time I finish a route. Great lore, too bad that there is a game to suffer through.

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
22Necromunda: Hired GunPC (Steam)I wasn't sure what to expect when I got the game (the idea was up my alley, but some gameplay videos made it look clunky AF). Thankfully, it was exactly what I wanted from Streum On Studio. Fast paced action, excellent movement mechanics and 40k atmosphere in spades. It's kinda rough around the edges, but 100% worth it if you are into first person shooters.6/3/20211

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
#11 Just Cause 2. May 26th. I love systematic open world games, and JC2 is one of my favorites in the PS3/XBOX360 era. Finally managed to get all achievements on PC after all these years. Very fun game overall and the movement mechanics is still amazing in present days.

#12 Iris and the giant. June 9th. A great spin to the deckbuilding genre. Wholesome story with some really great card mechanics. Downside is card spawning is random but there's a way to alleviate the luck-based shuffling. Recommend to all people who like the genre.

Last edited:

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018

23. Mass Effect 3 - Legendary (Steam) - I had only ever played this one once so it was far more fresh. A decent combination of me1 and me2 mechanics, mods and leveling wise. Good gun-play and heaps of stuff to do. Plenty of fun story that pays off and even the red/green/blue ending is better than I remember. Or less shit. ★★★★

24. Maneater (PC Gamepass) - More meme than game, fun enough for free in gamepass, pity the poor people that paid full price for it. Interesting idea but almost completely hollow of anything content wise bar collect-a-thons. ★★ 1/2

25. Train Station Renovation (Steam) - Weirdly compelling way to waste 10 hours, that kinda describes 90% of playway's games. Use the right tool to fix issues, start out placing furniture correctly but by the end it's hand warmers and benches as far as the eye can see. ★★★

26. Metro 2033 Redux (Steam) - Never played the series before playing Exodus on PS4 so I went back to the beginning. Doesn't outstay it's welcome and the design is top notch. Lots of weapons and upgrades and even on spartan mode I was running very short of ammo in the last couple of levels. ★★★★

Halfway to 52 with 3 weeks spare!

Last edited:

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
27. Metro Last Light Redux (Steam) - In many ways an improvement on the first, design, story and ambition but probably drags a little towards the end. The morality system is also stupidly punishing and is poorly thought out across all 3 games. ★★★★

28. Days Gone (Steam) - Fun world to exist in and definitely benefits from playing on a system that can actually handle it. The story is good but the uneven pacing and plotting is dire at best. Story is about to reach a crescendo? Nope someone needs a spoon for some reason and that is more important. ★★★ 1/2