|OT| The 2021 MetaCouncil's Addiction Log (track your finished games here!)

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
8. Resident Evil 7 - PC - 25-27/04/21

8a - The Beginning Hour - 25/04/21
Piece of shit demo which maybe had a slight interest as a hype machine at the time (and as a click maker for several sites doing poorly written walkthroughs). Now ? Nope. Content seems to be reused in the game anyways, and you lose nothing lore wise as the bits are also in the game.

8b - Resident Evil 7 - 26/04/21
Like I said in the Steam Thread, I am so not a fan of the Chainsaw Massacre / Saw vibe the dev obviously went for. Too many forced exposition, too much die & retry, far too many encounters with the same boss too, but at this point it's unfortunately becoming part of the series.
That said, it's good looking, it plays well and I don't regret playing it.
I'm just really looking forward to vampires and werewolves, rather than fucking psycho killers.

8c - DLC - Not a Hero - 27/04/21
I don't know in what manner it colors my perception of the DLC, but I learned a couple of minutes before starting it that it was outsourced.
AND DEAR GOD IT SHOWS !
Mediocre shoot bang in reused assets galore. The shooting was expected, but damn, the level design is shit tier.

8d - DLC - The End of Zoe - 27/04/21
Now this... I will have trouble not writing in all caps from now on. On paper it's stupid and a waste of time, like every RE DLC for some years (looking at RE:Revo2 for example). In reality, this is GLORIOUS ! Plain and simple. So good to play a game that is ok with just being a game and not a serious movie, stupid to the point of being, just incredibly fun.
I WANT A WHOLE GAME OUT OF THIS. PLEASE CACPOM ! :cryblob:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
#9, The House of Da Vinci
It's fine I guess. I do remember enjoying The Room games more, but I wonder if time has colored that memory. We'll see.
play the second one ... it's much better

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Been a while since i beat anything, got caught up in a few large games all at once.

15. Horizon Zero Dawn Complete (Steam) - Played it at release on PS4 so had forgotten a lot of it. They must have fixed the random crashes as the only issue I had was a couple of times the game slowed to a crawl and the assets needed to be re processed. Looks and run great with plenty of fun characters and things to do. ★★★★ 1/2

16. Marvel's Avengers (Steam) - Great campaign in the most part, Baker is fantastic and Hulk/Banner. All the characters play very differently apart from the arrow twins. Hulk still feels like a gust of wind could kill him but I suppose that is the dilemma of the game, can't make Hulk like in the comics or no one would use any other character. The grind post game and the endgame is weak but there is fun to be had. Game seems completely broken atm, I stumbled upon a build for Cap that melts even the hardest units and bosses in 3-5 gamma shield throws. ★★★ 1/2

Reactions: lashman

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
18Destiny 2 Season of the ChosenPC (Steam)Battle Pass to 180, all the Seasonal stuff with the Battlegrounds, got the Seasonal Exotics as well (and some of that stuff I did twice because I played Warlock and Titan)5/9/20211

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
17. Control + DLC (Steam) - Played it release on PS4, performs much better and is much easier on PC. No 15fps sections, aiming somewhat in the right direction. The Alan Wake DLC is lacking, the other one is pretty good. ★★★★ 1/2

18. 100 Hidden Snails (Steam) - In a picture are 100 hidden snails, click on each for an achievement. It should take 5mins max, took me 9 as I didn't release there were 5 more at the bottom beyond the first white space. ★★

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
9 - Destroy All Humans - PC (Game Pass) - 22/05/21
Mediocre and boring, mission design relying too heavily on time trials, and surprise motherfuckers, you were hate playing it in order to say you finished the game ? The two final bosses are incredibly difficult.
I know the series is more famous for its second installment, but Jeez, I will be very wary to play it now.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
10a - Nier Replicant - Route A - PC - 23/05/21
Hated the game, but as expected the lore is very good. The other routes have some real potential if they expand on it.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
19. Mass Effect 1 - Legendary (Steam) - Still as amazing as it first was. The mechanics are completely changed to be more like ME2 and ME3 but the RPG is still there somewhat. Great characters and grand scale not seen before or since. ★★★★★

20. Mass Effect 2 - Legendary (Steam) - Barely an RPG but does the moments as well as ME1. A more insular personal story and kind of drags near the end when all you end up doing is making people happy to die. ★★★★

21. Higgs-Bosun: Minimal Puzzle (Steam) - Short puzzle game where you rotate elements to form a path for the particles to follow. Starts simple, but once multiple elements rotate when you rotate one based on it's colour the difficulty ramps up. Too short though, needed more of the more complex puzzles. ★★★ 1/2

22. The Wild at Heart (PC Gamepass) - Delightful pikmin-a-like. Standard metroidvania formula, slowly collect the five types of of sprite with different abilities to expand your ability to explore the world and solve the various puzzles. Beautiful artwork and sound. ★★★★ 1/2

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
11 - Wasteland 2 Director's Cut - PC - 31/05/21
Play time - 111,8h
Conflicted. Far too long for its own good, the welcome was outlasted by a great margin. Rare but huge difficulty spikes. Some irritating bugs. Shit and abrupt ending. Relatively ugly. But as a whole ? If not the best CRPG I played, it's the best I played in years. You want a CRPG, you could do much worse, this is some really good shit.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
10b - Nier Replicant - Route B - PC - 02/06/21
This route ups the drama to the max, with the subtetly of a truck. Paradoxically a little laughable and still quite effective. You will feel miserable. Some suspicions are confirmed, ending is altered for the better. I fear I will still need to find a Nier Replicant for dummies when all is said and done, though.
I'm afraid I will repeat myself every time I finish a route. Great lore, too bad that there is a game to suffer through.

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
22Necromunda: Hired GunPC (Steam)I wasn't sure what to expect when I got the game (the idea was up my alley, but some gameplay videos made it look clunky AF). Thankfully, it was exactly what I wanted from Streum On Studio. Fast paced action, excellent movement mechanics and 40k atmosphere in spades. It's kinda rough around the edges, but 100% worth it if you are into first person shooters.6/3/20211

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
#11 Just Cause 2. May 26th. I love systematic open world games, and JC2 is one of my favorites in the PS3/XBOX360 era. Finally managed to get all achievements on PC after all these years. Very fun game overall and the movement mechanics is still amazing in present days.

#12 Iris and the giant. June 9th. A great spin to the deckbuilding genre. Wholesome story with some really great card mechanics. Downside is card spawning is random but there's a way to alleviate the luck-based shuffling. Recommend to all people who like the genre.

#13 Blue Reflection. June 23rd. Mediocre RPG with rare premise (magical girl) but execution is disappointing. Strong on art, character models, music but weak on everything else. Main story does not become interesting till mid-game.

#14 Darksiders Warmastered Edition. July 21st. Maybe the best 3D Zelda-like out there. Enjoyed every aspect of the game. Fantastic.

#15 Emily is Away. August 5th. Not much to talk because it is so short. The story is relatable and the UI and sound are incredibly nostalgic. Pretty cool little game.

#16 Tales of Arise. September 25. Very pretty game, but outside of graphics the game is disappointing, to say the least. Boring and repetitive writing, average characters and really bad boss fights and AI.

#17 Fairy Fencer F.

#18 Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered.

#19 Kirby: Planet Robobot.

#20 A.I. The Somnium Files.

#21 The Gunk.

Last edited:

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018

23. Mass Effect 3 - Legendary (Steam) - I had only ever played this one once so it was far more fresh. A decent combination of me1 and me2 mechanics, mods and leveling wise. Good gun-play and heaps of stuff to do. Plenty of fun story that pays off and even the red/green/blue ending is better than I remember. Or less shit. ★★★★

24. Maneater (PC Gamepass) - More meme than game, fun enough for free in gamepass, pity the poor people that paid full price for it. Interesting idea but almost completely hollow of anything content wise bar collect-a-thons. ★★ 1/2

25. Train Station Renovation (Steam) - Weirdly compelling way to waste 10 hours, that kinda describes 90% of playway's games. Use the right tool to fix issues, start out placing furniture correctly but by the end it's hand warmers and benches as far as the eye can see. ★★★

26. Metro 2033 Redux (Steam) - Never played the series before playing Exodus on PS4 so I went back to the beginning. Doesn't outstay it's welcome and the design is top notch. Lots of weapons and upgrades and even on spartan mode I was running very short of ammo in the last couple of levels. ★★★★

Halfway to 52 with 3 weeks spare!

Last edited:

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
27. Metro Last Light Redux (Steam) - In many ways an improvement on the first, design, story and ambition but probably drags a little towards the end. The morality system is also stupidly punishing and is poorly thought out across all 3 games. ★★★★

28. Days Gone (Steam) - Fun world to exist in and definitely benefits from playing on a system that can actually handle it. The story is good but the uneven pacing and plotting is dire at best. Story is about to reach a crescendo? Nope someone needs a spoon for some reason and that is more important. ★★★ 1/2

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
29. Forged By Blood (steam) - Tactical RPG/strategy game where you play the prince in a fantasy world disposed by a rebellion and running for your life. You can have up to 3 parties of 5 at a time completing missions in the world and taking back stolen lands. Sadly the game is overly complex, with too many mind numbingly boring systems and is littered with bugs. The story and ethical choices are good and the tactical game decent but you never seem to have enough information to prevent things from happening and walking places takes forever. The game desperately needed a usability pass after release but it tanked and was abandoned. Achievements barely work either. ★★ 1/2

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
11 - Alan Wake – PC – 23/06/21
11b - Alan Wake – The Signal – DLC #1 – PC – 26/06/21
11c - Alan Wake – The Writer – DLC #2 – PC – 26/06/21

I remembered Alan Wake as a very middling game full of levers and handles. Turns out memories can be deceiving, it's just a very middling game :tightly-closed-eyes:
A game with no real interest except for the story, and the story, well... so much homage that it can turn into pastiche territory. Maybe the real crime are the dialogs, pretentious and eye rolling.
Makes sense though, Remedy had already made a noir pastiche, they did a horror one, with their usual subtlety.

Still have to go through American Nightmare :sweaty-blob:

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Alan Wake is a 6 star game! Fight me!

30. Children of Morta (Steam) - Beautiful pixel rouge-lite about a family, the Bergsons, fighting to return peace to the world. All 6 family members play differently, and the one extra one, and add heaps of variety to play styles. Enter a dungeon, get as far as possible and due to a deal with the world, reincarnate and start again with your experience intact. A beautifully told story that rivals anything. ★★★★ 1/2

31. Ruiner (Steam) - Cyberpunk isometric twin-stick shooter with all the attitude you'd expect of the genre. Good shooting and melee and heaps of build styles allow all sorts of strategies. The game can get a bit diarrhea Christmas lights at times but you get a slow mode to help you. ★★★ 1/2

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
12 - Alan Wake's American Nightmare - PC - 03/07/21
The difficulty is clearly lower than the first game. It was ok for what it was. I mean, it plays well, the big frustration being the lack of ambition of the project and its level repetitivity.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
32. Anthem (Origin Pass and EA Pass and PC Gamepass. It took a while) - What or tortuous experience. The story is complete nonsense, the loot crap, the customisation shit, the robo suits hilariously overheat after 20 seconds. Who designs a game around flying and verticality and limits the suits? Also there are no ships, somehow people move around this world full of shear cliffs in slow cumbersome walking vehicles. That doesn't work. The shooting and abilities are good. Trash game. ★ 1/2

33. Lego Movie 2 Game (steam) -Weirdly designed lego game, fewer larger levels with optional content. You also keep giant stashes of coloured bricks to build a city on a distant planet. Standard lego otherwise. ★★★ 1/2

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
#13, Higgs Boson: Minimal Puzzle
It's neat but I always suck at these types of puzzle games.

#14, Nioh DLC
Really really didn't enjoy my time with the DLC. Just feels like it doubles down on what I think were the worst part of the main game.
It also feels like maybe it was balanced for players who maybe spent some extra time with the main games NG+ and such.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
#15, SteamWorld Dig 2
It's great. Briefly considered trying to do the remaining achievements on a second run, but there's a time limit on one of them and I'm just really bad at trying speedrun of any kind, even if the timelimit is generous.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Only one more to beat to match last year's 14

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
#16, The Messenger
Just going to quote my post from the blitz thread here. :D

Finished The Messenger, that's 2 games done. Though I do still have the DLC left, it looks like a short one.
I really enjoyed it most of the way through. Some of the optional power seals were a bit tough to get, never really got that good at keeping the ninja in the air for extended period with cloudstep. So those were a bit frustrating. Few checkpoints were a bit annoying too, like they put the checkpoint two rooms before the tough jumping section, just put it next to it. There's nothing in the rooms before that can really truly hurt me, so it just adds to the frustration that I need to go through it every time I fall to my death. In a way that kind of design reminds me of early dark souls with how bonfires tended to be far away from the bosses. It's not that bad, just reminds me of the unnecessary tedium.

I had something else in mind too before I started writing this, but now I don't remember. 👴

I also didn't realize that the dev's next game, Sea of Stars, is a prequel to this one.
Neat.
:blobmorning2:

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Just realized the 52G thread also existed here on MC, under a different name. Might as well port my post over here!

Steam/PSN/XBL cards

2015: 111 games completed (GAF) - List
2016: 73 games completed (GAF) - List
2017: 55 games completed (Era) - List
2018: 75 games completed (Era) - List
2019: 87 games completed (Era) - List
2020:
95 games completed (Era) - List

2021: 138 games completed as of 12/19/2021

Additional sub-goal: Exceed 100K gamerscore on Xbox Live before the end of 2021 (started year below 3k) - Completed 7/23/2021

Currently Playing:
NSW: Hyrule Warriors 2, Tokyo Mirage Sessions Encore
Steam: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, Samurai Warriors 5, Deathloop
PS4/PS5: Returnal, Dreams Universe, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Xbox Series X / XGP PC: Scarlet Nexus, Bladed Fury, Riftbreaker
PSV: N/A
3DS: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
iOS: Layton's Mystery Journey
  1. 1/1/2021: UFC 3 (XSX), 5 hours (GOAT in Campaign mode achieved)
  2. 1/1/2021: Gears 5 Hivebusters (XSX), 3 hours (DLC campaign completed)
  3. 1/1/2021: Peggle 2 (XSX), 3.5 hours (Campaign completed)
  4. 1/1/2021: Bejeweled 3 (XSX), 3 hours (Beat Quest Mode + various extra achievements)
  5. 1/3/2021: Anger Force Reloaded (Steam), 2.8 hours (Beat campaign on Noob/Normal/Veteran mode)
  6. 1/3/2021: Frog Detective 2: The Case of the Invisible Wizard (Steam), 1 hours (Game completed)
  7. 1/7/2021: Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (XSX), 2 hours (all offline achievements completed)
  8. 1/7/2021: Call of the Sea (XSX), 5 hours (beat game, 78% of achievements completed)
  9. 1/7/2021: Final Fight [Capcom BEUB] (XSX), 1 hour
  10. 1/12/2021: Snowed In (Steam), 30 minutes (True ending, one bad ending)
  11. 1/14/2021: Girl Fight (XSX), 45 minutes (finished a single arcade playthrough, tried a few other modes. That's all I could stand without throwing up.)
  12. 1/14/2021: ACA NEOGEO Metal Slug 5 (XSX), 45 minutes (finished original mode, tried Hi-Score and Caravan)
  13. 1/16/2021: Bright Memory (XSX), around 3 hours (NG/NG+ playthroughs and most miscellaneous achievements done)
  14. 1/17/2021: Tetris Effect Connected (XSX), around 3 hours (beat Journey mode, various event mode achievements)
  15. 1/17/2021: Sisters Royale: Five Sisters Under Fire (XSX), around 3.5 hours (beat game with all five characters + some achievement cleanup)
  16. 1/17/2021: Five Dates (XSX), around 4 hours (100% achievements completed)
  17. 1/17/2021: When The Past Was Around (XSX), around 2.5 hours (100% achievements completed)
  18. 1/23/2021: Karakara (Steam), around 2 hours (100% achievements)
  19. 1/24/2021: Donut County (XSX), around 2.5 hours (100% achievements)
  20. 1/24/2021: Titanfall 2 (XSX), around 4.5 hours (Campaign completed)
  21. 1/26/2021: Fighting Vipers (XSX), around 2 hours (100% achievements)
  22. 1/27/2021: The King of Fighters XIII (XSX), around 3.5 hours (finished Story mode, beat game several times on hardest difficulty, survival and time attack clear)
  23. 1/29/2021: Hypnospace Outlaw (XGP PC), around 12 hours (finished game)
  24. 1/29/2021: Resident Evil 3 Remake (Steam), 4 hours 59 minutes (finished game)
  25. 1/30/2021: Johnny Turbo's Arcade: Two Crude Dudes (NSW), around 45 minutes (finished game)
  26. 1/30/2021: River City Girls (XGP PC), around 7 hours (finished game)
  27. 1/31/2021: Untitled Goose Game (Steam), 3.1 hours (finished game)
  28. 2/4/2021: ACA Neogeo: Aero Fighters 2 (XSX), around 2.5 hours (100% achievements)
  29. 2/5/2021: ACA Neogeo: Garou Mark of the Wolves (XSX), around 2 hours (100% achievements)
  30. 2/6/2021: Shikhondo: Soul Eater (XSX), around 3 hours (beat game with both characters, finished boss rush mode)
  31. 2/6/2021: Sine Mora EX (XSX), around 2 hours (beat game)
  32. 2/6/2021: ACA Neogeo: Art of Fighting 3 (XSX), around 1.5 hours (100% achievements)
  33. 2/6/2021: Resident Evil 2 Remake (XSX), around 10 hours (Leon A Standard, Claire B Hardcore)
  34. 2/7/2021: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (XSX), around 15 hours (beat game)
  35. 2/9/2021: We Should Talk (XSX), around 3 hours (100% achievements)
  36. 2/10/2021: Captain Commando [Capcom BEUB] (XSX), 45 minutes (beat game)
  37. 2/12/2021: The Little Acre (XSX), around 3 hours (beat game, 90% achievements)
  38. 2/12/2021: Knights of the Round [Capcom BEUB] (XSX), around 1 hour (beat game)
  39. 2/12/2021: Stray Cat Doors (NSW), around 1 hour (beat game)
  40. 2/17/2021: Colin Thiele's Storm Boy: The Game (XSX), around 30 minutes (100% achievements)
  41. 2/17/2020: ACA Neogeo: Shock Troopers (XSX), around 1 hour (100% achievements)
  42. 2/17/2020: ACA Neogeo: Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy (XSX), around 1.5 hours (beat game)
  43. 2/18/2020: Dead or Alive 6 (XSX), around 5 hours (all offline achievements)
  44. 2/28/2020: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Steam), around 35 hours (Return ending)
  45. 3/1/2021: Dear Esther: Landmark Edition (XSX), around 1.5 hours (beat game, 700/1000 gs)
  46. 3/7/2021: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (XSX), around 10 hours (beat campaign + all side missions)
  47. 3/7/2021: Battle Circuit [Capcom BEUB] (XSX), around 1 hour (beat game)
  48. 3/7/2021: Warriors of Fate [Capcom BEUB] (XSX), around 1 hour (beat game)
  49. 3/7/2021: ACA Neogeo: Waku Waku 7 (XSX), around 1.5 hours (100% achievements)
  50. 3/13/2021: A Way Out (XSX), around 7.5 hours (100% achievements)
  51. 3/14/2021: The Complex (XSX), around 4.5 hours (100% achievements)
  52. 3/14/2021: The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, Episodes 1-5 (XSX), around 6.5 hours (100% achievements)
  53. 3/18/2021: Full Throttle Remastered (XSX), around 3 hours (100% achievements)
  54. 3/20/2021: Assault Android Cactus (XSX), around 4 hours (beat game, plus achievement cleanup)
  55. 3/21/2021: Undertale (XSX), around 5 hours (100% achievements)
  56. 3/21/2021: The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan (XSX), around 6 hours (beat game, all survived)
  57. 3/24/2021: Loot Hero DX (XSX), around 1.5 hours (100% achievements)
  58. 3/27/2021: Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara (XSX), around 1 hour (cleared game)
  59. 3/28/2021: ACA Neogeo: Sengoku 3 (XSX), around 1.5 hours (cleared game, 86% achievements)
  60. 3/31/2021: Adios (XSX), around 2.5 hours (100% achievements)
  61. 4/4/2021: I Saw Dark Clouds (XSX), around 3 hours (did two playthroughs)
  62. 4/7/2021: Gato Roboto (XSX), 2 hours 58 minutes (100% completion)
  63. 4/9/2021: Asura's Wrath (XSX), around 5 hours (beat game)
  64. 4/10/2021: Metropolis: Lux Obscura (XSX), 4 hours 20 minutes (beat game thrice)
  65. 4/13/2021: ACA Neogeo: Twinkle Star Sprites (XSX), 48 minutes (100% achievements, beat game)
  66. 4/17/2021: Tesla Vs. Lovecraft: Game of the Year Edition (XSX), 8.5 hours (beat game, plus new game plus)
  67. 4/18/2021: Necrobarista (Steam), 4.5 hours (100% achievements, beat game)
  68. 4/24/2021: Outriders (XSX), 36 hours 48 minutes (beat game, 600/1000 GS)
  69. 5/1/2021: Root Film (NSW), around 10 hours (beat game)
  70. 5/2/2021: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (NSW), around 14 hours (beat game)
  71. 5/2/2021: She Sees Red (XSX), 1 hour 44 minutes (saw all endings, 100% achievements)
  72. 5/7/2021: M2 Shot Triggers: Dangun Feveron (XSX), 5 hours 8 minutes (100% achievements, multiple 1CC)
  73. 5/9/2021: Alan Wake (XSX), around 14 hours (beat game)
  74. 5/13/21: Late Shift (XSX), 3 hours 46 minutes (100% achievements)
  75. 5/13/21: Crime Opera: The Butterfly Effect (XSX), 2 hours 13 minutes (100% achievements)
  76. 5/13/21: Way of the Passive Fist: New Dawn (XSX), 3 hours 13 minutes (beat game)
  77. 5/13/2021: Day of the Tentacle Remastered (XSX), 3 hours 13 minutes (100% achievements)
  78. 5/14/2021: Tekken 7 (XSX), 7 hours 26 minutes (900/1000, all offline achievements done, story mode and all character episodes complete)
  79. 5/21/2021: Wolfenstein: The New Order (XSX), around 14 hours (beat game, 630/1000)
  80. 5/23/21: Mass Effect 1 Remastered (XSX), around 27 hours (finished on Insanity, 100% ME1 achievements)
  81. 5/25/21: What Remains of Edith Finch (XSX), around 1.5 hours (100% achievements)
  82. 5/30/21: Doom 64 (XSX), 2 hours 52 mins (100% achievements)
  83. 5/31/21: Quantum Break (XSX), 15 hours 56 mins (100% achievements)
  84. 6/1/21: The Walking Dead: Michonne (XSX), around 2.5 hours (100% achievements)
  85. 6/1/21: Little Nightmares (XSX), 3 hours 27 mins (beat game, 800/1000 base game achievements)
  86. 6/4/21: Observation (PC via XGP), 5 hours 52 minutes (100% achievements)
  87. 6/15/21: ACA Neogeo: Metal Slug (XSX), 48 mins (beat game, 900/1000gs)
  88. 6/17/21: Vostok Inc. (XSX), 21 hours 32 minutes (beat game, 834/1000 gs)
  89. 6/19/21: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (XSX), 2 hours 52 minutes (2 playthroughs, normal and nightmare)
  90. 6/19/21: Professor Layton & The Azran Legacy (3DS), 16 hours 6 minutes (beat game)
  91. 6/23/21: UFC 4 (XSX), 16 hours 8 minutes (Beat career mode as GOAT, 835/1000)
  92. 6/26/21: Journey (Steam), around 2 hours (beat game with partner)
  93. 6/27/21: King of Dragons [Capcom BEUB] (XSX), around 1 hour (beat game)
  94. 6/29/21: Samurai Shodown Neogeo Collection (XSX), 5 hours 49 minutes (100% achievements, beat all 7 games)
  95. 6/29/21: FullBlast (XSX), around 1 hr 20 mins (100% achievements, beat game)
  96. 6/29/21: ACA Neogeo: Fatal Fury (XSX), 50 minutes (100% achievements, beat game twice)
  97. 6/29/21: ACA Neogeo: World Heroes (XSX), around 45 minutes (100% achievements, beat game)
  98. 6/29/21: ACA Neogeo: Metal Slug 2 (XSX), around 2 hours (100% achievements, beat game)
  99. 6/29/21: The Bunker (XSX), 2 hours 57 minutes (beat game, saw both endings, 900/1000 gs due to bugged achievement)
  100. 7/4/21: Iron Crypticle (XSX), 1 hour 59 minutes (beat game, got 6 levels into NG+ - 630/1000 gs)
  101. 7/4/21: Doki Doki Literature Club+ (XSX), 7 hours 41 minutes (beat all 3 girl routes, 620/1000 gs)
  102. 7/10/21: Vasara 1 (XSX), around 2 hours (beat game)
  103. 7/10/21: Metal Slug X (XSX), 4 hours 13 minutes (beat game + caravan/hi score PT, 820/1000)
  104. 7/10/21: AER - Memories of Old (XSX), 4 hours 33 minutes (beat game, 100% achievements)
  105. 7/16/21: Space Jam: A New Legacy The Game (XSX), 38 minutes (beat game)
  106. 7/16/21: Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate (XSX), 16 hours 37 minutes (beat main and DLC story campaigns + extra achievements, 615/1000)
  107. 7/25/21: Control Ultimate Edition (XSX), 25 hours 19 minutes (beat base game + Foundation & AWE DLCs, 1270/1390 GS)
  108. 7/25/21: Gaps by POWGI (XSX), 3 hours 15 minutes (beat game, 100% achievements)
  109. 8/6/21: The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season + 400 Days (XSX), around 15 hours (100% achievements)
  110. 8/7/21: The Ascent (XSX), 10 hours 50 minutes (beat game + all side quests, achievements bugged so not 100% yet)
  111. 8/7/21: Katamari Damacy Reroll (XSX), around 4 hours (beat game/all stages, 740/1000)
  112. 8/12/21: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (PS4 Pro), 31 hours 39 minutes (Platinum)
  113. 8/15/21: Genesis Noir (XSX), 3 hours 25 minutes (100% achievements)
  114. 8/16/21: Last Stop (XSX), 8 hours 7 minutes (100% achievements)
  115. 8/21/21: Resident Evil 7 Gold (XSX), 22 hours 40 minutes (game + all DLC, 990/1620)
  116. 8/21/21: Armored Warriors [Capcom BEUB] (XSX), around 45 minutes (beat game)
  117. 8/29/21: Psychonauts 2 (XSX), 19 hours and 3 minutes (beat game, 850/1000)
  118. 8/31/21: Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (XSX), 11 hours 29 minutes (beat campaign, Necro from level 1 to Paragon 2, 810/1215)
  119. 9/3/2021: Mad Streets (XSX), 1 hour 12 minutes (beat all 4 SP routes/all SP achievements, 900/1000)
  120. 9/4/2021: The Innsmouth Case (XSX), 3 hours 6 minutes (saw most endings, 730/1000)
  121. 9/18/2021: Metal Slug Double X (Steam), 62 minutes (beat game)
  122. 9/25/2021: The Artful Escape (XSX), 4 hours 10 minutes, with some idling (100% achievements)
  123. 10/11/21: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart (PS5), 20 hours (Platinum)
  124. 10/15/21: The Walking Dead: Season 2 (XSX), around 10 hours (1000/1000)
  125. 10/15/21: Bullet Beat (XSX), 45 minutes (beat all modes, 4000/4000)
  126. 10/16/21: Lost Words: Beyond the Page (XSX), 5 hours 33 minutes (beat game, 950/1000)
  127. 10/16/21: Crimsonland (XSX), 7 hrs 36 minutes (beat all levels in normal mode + extras, 360/1000)
  128. 10/18/21: Gleylancer (XSX), 1 hr 34 minutes (beat game with good ending, 1000/1000)
  129. 10/19/21: Battlefield: Hardline (XSX), around 15 hours (beat game, found all evidence, arrested all warrants, 825/1950)
  130. 10/24/21: Redeemer: Enhanced Edition (XSX), 4 hours 56 minutes (beat game on normal + some cleanup, 800/1000)
  131. 10/31/21: Minecraft Dungeons (XSX), 12 hours 43 minutes (beat game on Normal + extra side missions, 620/2200)
  132. 11/7/21: Task Force Kampas (XSX), 29 minutes (beat game, 100% achievements)
  133. 11/13/21: The Procession To Calvary (XSX), 1 hour 55 minutes (saw all endings, 100% achievements)
  134. 11/27/21: Call of Duty Ghosts (XSX), around 9 hours (beat SP on Veteran + cleanup, 635/2000)
  135. 12/4/21: Townscaper (XSX), 29 minutes (100% achievements)
  136. 12/18/21: Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (XSX), around 11 hours (beat game on Normal, 570/1250)
  137. 12/18/21: Deathsmiles 1 (XSX), around 45 minutes (beat game on normal)
  138. 12/19/21: Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth (XSX), 8 hours 23 minutes (beat game)

Last edited:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Just realized the 52G thread also existed here on MC, under a different name. Might as well port my post over here!
we also have this:

might interest you :)

Reactions: hersheyfan

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
we also have this:

might interest you :)
Awesome!! Thanks lashman! 😀

Maybe I'll get down to joining the blitz thread (for the first time) after I've cleared out some of these new releases. I'm staring down the barrel of Ys IX, Samurai Warriors 5, Ace Attorney 1+2 and Fuga, which inexplicably all dropped on Steam at roughly the same time... it'll be a while before I get out from under that pile lol.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
#18, DLC Quest. It's satire for sure but it's not that far from where we are today.
#19, Venetica. It's quite buggy but alright.

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Here is all the weird stuff I've beaten this year, copied from a spreadsheet. Might add more info later but this is fine for now. :blobreview:

1.Murder House
1/11/2021​
2.Castlevania
2/1/2021​
3.Castlevania: The Adventure
2/1/2021​
4.Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge
2/2/2021​
5.Castlevania IV
2/2/2021​
6.Castlevania Special: Kid Dracula
2/2/2021​
7.Castlevania: Bloodlines
2/2/2021​
8.Castlevania Anniversary Collection
2/3/2021​
9.Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
2/3/2021​
10.Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
2/3/2021​
11.Cyberpunk 2077
2/26/2021​
12.Nioh 2: Complete Edition
2/26/2021​
13.Mega Man X
3/20/2021​
14.Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie
3/21/2021​
15.Panzer Dragoon: Remake
3/24/2021​
16.Yume Penguin Monogatari
3/24/2021​
17.Gremlins 2: The New Batch
3/27/2021​
18.SD Kidou Senshi Gundam 2
3/27/2021​
19.Antarctic Adventure
3/28/2021​
20.Parodius
3/28/2021​
21.Mega Man 2
4/2/2021​
22.Mega Man 3
4/3/2021​
23.Mega Man
4/4/2021​
24.Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos
4/4/2021​
25.Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom
4/4/2021​
26.Donkey Kong Country
4/6/2021​
27.Run Saber
4/6/2021​
28.Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Scrambled Valkyrie
4/6/2021​
29.Ushio to Tora
4/6/2021​
30.Fisher-Price: Perfect Fit
4/7/2021​
31.Mega Man 4
4/7/2021​
32.Choujin Sentai Jetman
4/8/2021​
33.Fisher-Price: I Can Remember
4/8/2021​
34.Fist of the North Star / Hokuto No Ken 2
4/8/2021​
35.The Masked Rider: Kamen Rider ZO
4/8/2021​
36.Ninja Baseball Bat Man
4/9/2021​
37.Castle of Shikigami III
4/11/2021​
38.Metal Slug X
4/11/2021​
39.Wizard Fire
4/11/2021​
40.Dragon Bowl
4/12/2021​
41.Metamorphic Force
4/12/2021​
42.Ninja Gaiden
4/12/2021​
43.Quiz & Dragons: Capcom Quiz Game
4/12/2021​
44.Rohga: Armor Force
4/12/2021​
45.Demolish Fist
4/13/2021​
46.Kamen Rider Black: Taiketsu Shadow Moon
4/13/2021​
47.Mobile Suit Gundam: Final Shooting
4/13/2021​
48.Ranma 1/2: Hard Battle
4/13/2021​
49.SD Gundam: Psycho Salamander no Kyoui
4/13/2021​
50.Light Bringer
4/14/2021​
51.Metal Slug
4/14/2021​
52.Metal Slug 3
4/14/2021​
53.Metal Slug 4
4/15/2021​
54.Metal Slug 5
4/15/2021​
55.Kamen Rider
4/16/2021​
56.Bishoujo Sexy Derby
4/21/2021​
57.Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
4/21/2021​
58.GunForce II
4/22/2021​
59.Demon Front
4/23/2021​
60,GunForce
4/23/2021​
61.Cyber-Lip
4/25/2021​
62.Shock Troopers
4/29/2021​
63.NieR: Replicant ver.1.22474487139...
5/5/2021​
64.Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Full Boost
5/9/2021​
65.Lethal Enforcers
5/11/2021​
66.Resident Evil 8: Village
5/15/2021​
67.Dead Connection
5/16/2021​
68.Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Maxi Boost ON
5/20/2021​
69.Persona 5 Strikers
5/20/2021​
70,Dolphin Blue
5/24/2021​
71.Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1
5/24/2021​
72.Hangzo
6/3/2021​
73.Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy
6/3/2021​
74.Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
6/7/2021​
75.Jack Bros.
6/9/2021​
76.Sega Golden Gun
6/10/2021​
77.Shin Megami Tensei
6/19/2021​
78,Shin Megami Tensei: If...
6/21/2021​
79,Chariot: Adventure through the Sky
6/23/2021​
80,Midnight Wanderers: Quest for the Chariot
6/23/2021​
81.Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad
6/23/2021​
82.Sol Divide
6/23/2021​
83.Metal Slug 2
6/24/2021​
84.Shin Megami Tensei II
6/25/2021​
85.Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei
6/26/2021​
86.Knights of Valour 2 - Nine Dragons
6/26/2021​
87.Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei II
6/28/2021​
88.Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei
6/28/2021​
89.Majin Tensei
7/1/2021​
90.Wizardry Gaiden: Suffering of the Queen
7/3/2021​
91.Demon's World
7/4/2021​
92.Shin Megami Tensei: Synchronicity Prologue
7/4/2021​
93.Guardians - Denjin Makai II
7/6/2021​
94.Pocket Penguin
7/13/2021​
95.Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux
7/13/2021​
96.Magic Sword
7/14/2021​
97.Way of the Samurai 3
7/17/2021​
98.Earth Defense Force 5
7/18/2021​
99.Alien vs. Predator (Arcade)
7/19/2021​
100,Kamen Rider Blade
7/20/2021​
101,Kamen Rider 555
7/22/2021​
102,Skyscraper
7/22/2021​
103,Stealth Force: The War on Terror
7/23/2021​
104.The Great Battle
7/23/2021​
105.The Great Battle II: Last Fighter Twin
7/23/2021​
106.The Great Battle III
7/23/2021​
107.The Great Battle IV
7/24/2021​
108.The Great Battle V
7/24/2021​
109.Kamen Rider Kabuto
7/26/2021​
110.Kamen Rider: Seigi no Keifu
7/27/2021​
111.Kamen Rider: The Bike Race
7/27/2021​
112. Kamen Rider Kuuga
7/29/2021​
113.Kamen Rider SD: Sortie!! Rider Machines
7/29/2021​
114.Kamen Rider V3
7/29/2021​
115. Kamen Rider Agito
7/30/2021​

Last edited:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Speaking of short games...
#20, Hydrophobia Prophecy. It had potential. Too bad that the studio went under and the story was left unfinished.

• Sad

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Speaking of short games...
#20, Hydrophobia Prophecy. It had potential. Too bad that the studio went under and the story was left unfinished.
I started it in like 2013, got a couple of achievements, and never went back. Should get round to it at some point.

Reactions: Parsnip

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
I don't have dates or anything, but this what I can recall finishing this year so far. I'm putting them in the estimated order of completion, along with the platform I've played them on.
  1. Ys 6: The Ark of Napishtim (PC): Loved it a lot more than I expected, and a lot more than Oath In Felghana, which is widely regarded as the better game.
  2. Yakuza 3 (PC): Combat is incredibly annoying, but the setting and story rank among my favorite so far. The slice-of-life style of the first few chapters was so refreshing, and I'd love to see more of that in the future.
  3. Ys Origin (PC): Played all 3 campaigns. I don't like how only the last one is canon, because storywise it makes me feel the previous playthroughs were a waste of time. Which sucks because Yunica is awesome and I would have loved if her story was the canon one. Hugo is an asshole, and I'm happy he's not appearing in any future Ys.
  4. Ys 1 (PC): Replayed it. Despite playing it on Normal again, I had a lot more trouble with the final boss than the first time.
  5. Need for Speed Heat (PC): Day races were fun, but I hated the police at night. If I could disable the police chases, it would have been a far more enjoyable experience.
  6. Astro's Playroom (PS5): First PS5 game I played, and damn if it didn't feel good! The DualSense is a beast, and this game is the perfect showcase. I hope future games use the controller as well as this.
  7. God of War 2 (PS3)
  8. God of War Chains of Olympus (PS3)
  9. God of War 3 (PS3): My favorite GoW so far. Hated the final boss though, and I checked a guide because I was getting frustrated.
  10. God of War Ghost of Sparta (PS3): Despite the praise I've read on the internet, I liked it way less than Chains of Olympus, which was the previous PSP game. Don't know if I was feeling burnout or what, but I was so happy when it was over. Didn't hate the game though, just didn't care for it.
  11. God of War Ascension (PS3): "I hated it" would be putting it mildly. Absolute garbage, there's nothing redeemable about this game. Had to put on some music and ignore the cutscenes (but not skip, I don't do that on my first playthrough in any game) in order to endure the final chapters. No one should play this, unless your life depends on it; and in that case I would still think long and hard if it's worth living a life that has been tainted by this trash.
  12. A Bird Story (PC): Replayed it. While still good, I didn't enjoy it as much as I remembered.
  13. Spiderman Remastered (PS5): Fantastic game, terrible side content. If I hadn't decide to platinum this game, I would have enjoyed it a lot more. The optional stuff is annoying, repetitive, and excessive. I'm sure it's gonna be a lot more fun when I eventually replay it in new game+ and only do the main mission. I've also finished the first DLC, and am currently playing the second one, although it's been a few months since I last touched it.
  14. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS5): After finishing this game it became my favorite entry in the series. Loved being able to drive around in a jeep, even if there wasn't much to do along the way.
  15. Ratchet & Clank (PS3): It's nice and charming, but becomes frustrating fast due to the terrible control scheme. You can't aim properly or strafe! Oh well, it came out in 2002 so I shouldn't really complain too much.
  16. Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (PS3): Now we're talking! This one added a strafe button, along with weapon/life exp and some little quality of life improvements. Great game, even in 2021.
  17. Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (PS3): Yep, this series is good. Love how each game so far builds upon the previous ones. Now we have 2 weapon wheels, instead of 1, and we can choose a lock strafe control scheme. This is probably my favorite in the series.
  18. Yakuza 4 (PC): Great game, even though the story kinda becomes a mess by the end. Loved the karaoke songs. Substories were hit-or-miss, and it's kinda weird to start with another weak character every 4 chapters (except for Kiryu who already begins as tough as a dragon).
  19. Ratchet: Deadlocked (PS3): Fun but very repetitive. The arena-like nature of this game means you'll be threading the same old levels over and over again, with different objectives each time. Also the PS3 port has several graphical issues, which are more apparent in the opening cutscenes.
  20. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3)
  21. Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty (PS3): Didn't like this one. It's very short, which I'm OK with, but it's also not fun, which I'm less than OK with. I don't see a reason why this exists at all; feels like someone grabbed a side quest and turned it into a standalone little game.
  22. Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (PS3): This was awesome, but I still think I liked Up Your Arsenal a little more.
  23. Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (PS3): Another short game, but longer than Quest for Booty. Wasn't a big fan of this one either, but it's certainly much better than the former.
  24. Ratchet & Clank 2016 (PS5): Looks fantastic, but it plays less so. Can't change the camera speed and it's slower while aiming, which forced me to disable lock strafe mode. Didn't care for the changes in the story or characters; part of the charm of the original game was seeing how two characters who hated each other learned to outgrow their differences and trust their partner. Here it's friendship at first sight, and that's a lot of character development ruined overnight. Also, to the folks at Insomniac: yes, Dr Nefarius is a cool character. But no, I don't need to see him in every single game. Especially not in the remake of a game that didn't feature him in the first place.
  25. Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3): What can I say? All the negative opinions on the internet don't do this game justice. No, they are in fact not negative enough. I don't recall having such a miserable time with a game in... maybe ever? GoW Ascension was terrible, sure, but I don't care enough about that series to feel too sad about it. But this? I was hoping I could find something to enjoy here, anything, at least one single thing. But no, it's all bad. From the horrible graphics to the dreadful controls, from the awful performance to the repetitive substories, from the unbearable loading times to the tedium of the quarantine zone, from the annoyance of having to fill your inventory with ammo to the mediocrity of the main story. Some of these issues could be fixed with a port to a modern platform, but others are inherent to the abysmal design of the game. I love the Yakuza series and it pains me to say this, but Dead Souls is a game better left 4 dead (pun totally intended).
  26. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS5): Loved this game, and my only complaint is its short length. It surpassed 4 as my favorite Uncharted, and I hope to see more games in this franchise.
  27. Ys 2 (PC): My second playthrough, this time on Nightmare and going for all achievements. Used a guide, because some of those are impossible to get on your own, and also because I didn't feel like solving the dungeons without a map again; their layouts are incredibly complicated. Still a fantastic game, and I'm looking forward to starting Ys 7 now.

Last edited:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
#21, Below.
The explore mode is pretty neat but still has some real bullshit there. The original, now called survive mode or survival or whatever, doesn't do the game any favors to be honest. Maybe some people like that, but it's just so discouraging.
Now that I finished the game in the explore mode and know the game mechanically pretty well I might be able to finish the survive mode as well, but I have zero desire to put myself through that. It's just not fun.

Reactions: Cacher and lashman