Community The Emulation Thread - When That PC Port Just Ain't Happening

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Thanks, that’s the one I used but I wasn’t too hot on the music in Metroid Zero Mission.
Maybe it’s just that I dislike it.

And the Deck can’t come soon enough, I love my pixels and my crt shader, but I just get the weirdest feeling when playing the game. Too much screen.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Thanks, that’s the one I used but I wasn’t too hot on the music in Metroid Zero Mission.
Maybe it’s just that I dislike it.
GBA didn't have a dedicated sound chip (bar the backwards compatible GB one), so most of the music on the system sucks.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Mmh, seriously thinking about upgrading my Ryzen 2600x to brute force switch emulation.

Tizoc

Vile Enabling Uncle
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
For those that want to play the HD versions of the PS2 and PSP God of War games, I recommend enabling these options at least:
In CPU tab, set 'Disable TSX'

Put a frame limit of 60

This should stop it from freezing during cutscenes and avoid some glitches.

Reactions: Pommes

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
What's the difference b/w Ryujinx and Yuzu so far?
Hmm, they are both needed at the moment unfortunately.
In my limited experience, Yuzu is better with shader cache and general performance, but Ryujinx has some impressive outliers and can upscale, for the games that run well on it. I prefer Ryujinx UI when it comes to mods etc, but that's a detail.

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
I was wondering which thread we used for used for FPGA devices...

Analogue OS looks pretty great. With how popular I suspect the Pocket to be (relative to their previous releases), this is a good move. I wonder if it requires the second FPGA to use, which would dictate whether it could be back-ported to the Super Nt and Mega Sg.

For some time now I've stopped using portable systems. The DS & PSP were the last ones I bought. And the big reason is more or less why I stopped buying consoles too -- closed-platforms are frustrating, limiting, and expensive. Between the Analogue Pocket and the Steam Deck, I think I'll have found what I'm looking for in a portable system. I'm really excited to see what the community can do with the Pocket.