Community The Emulation Thread - When That PC Port Just Ain't Happening

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Fucking great, honestly. I've beenon my vita since i bought it in '19 and it's played essentially everything I've thrown at it within reason. Up to PSX easy.
Not what they were asking for, I assume.
valkyries Vita3k has gotten better over the years and you can actually finish a bunch of games on it, but 3D stuff has still lots of issues AFAIK.

Reactions: KainXVIII

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Not what they were asking for, I assume.
valkyries Vita3k has gotten better over the years and you can actually finish a bunch of games on it, but 3D stuff has still lots of issues AFAIK.
Is V3K still weird to setup? I remember trying it like a year ago and boy was is trying things.

valkyries

Jan 17, 2024
Ok. I will wait once I can play Soul Sacrifice Delta again, one day on my steam deck.

Also, Vanillaware games are great. I love Odin Sphere Leifthasir and Dragon's Crown!

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
im thinking about getting the Anbernic RG35xx plus and it will be mostly used for retro RPGs, but I was thinking that PS1 has so many good ones but the RG35xx doesn't have analogue sticks so I wonder how many of those RPGs actually need those? If I remember correctly many of PS1 games could be played with just d pad.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Probably 0 RPGs need it. Ape Escape might be the only game that requires it. Though others were heavily enhanced by it (ie, MGS, but mostly for the rumble).

But going for a handheld with at least one analog could enable N64, Dreamcast or PSP emulation (shouldn't need much higher specs, not as high as PS2) :shrugblob:

The RG35XX H has the same specs/price as the Plus and has 2 sticks. These specs seem to handle N64/Dreamcast/DS but struggle with heavier PSP games.

Edit: Retroid Pocket 2S seems to perform better on PSP and also Sega Saturn (still not perfect, but Dreamcast is) but costs a little more than these other ones...

Last edited: