News The Idolmaster: Starlit Season ‘Starlit Report’ live stream set for October 6

Accoun

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Bandai Namco will host a “Starlit Report” live stream for The Idolmaster: Starlit Season on October 6 at 20:00 JST where it will share the latest information on the new The Idolmaster title, the company announced. You will be able to watch it on YouTube and Niconico.

The live stream will feature The Idolmaster series general producer Youzou Sakagami, The Idolmaster: Starlit Season producer Hayato Kutaragi, Asami Shimoda (Ami Futami and Mami Futami voice actor), and other cast members to be announced.
Was meant to post it here when the news hit, but forgot. Still decided to make the thread now to remind me to update it when the stream happens.
Hopefully they'll announce new characters and a western release, of course, because the Million Live representation is weak so far (just the poster trio).

Reactions: texhnolyze
OP
Accoun

Accoun

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Stream is up, should start properly at the hour (so in around 5 minutes):

Standard delay to general 2021.
Nana Abe and Kirari added to CG
Tsumugi and Kaori added to ML.
Rinze and Amana added to SC.
Shown the UI:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cacher

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Is this the first Idolmaster game on PC?

Is this purely VN? They're showing some dialogues and people on the panel were enthusiastly clapping lol.

OP
Accoun

Accoun

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Is this the first Idolmaster game on PC?
Yes, unless you count the browser games.

Is this purely VN? They're showing some dialogues and people on the panel were enthusiastly clapping lol.
No, it's mostly a light management game, with dialogues sprinkled in. There's also the lives and the training/lessons, which are minigames.

So yeah, game itself is looking good. But personally, I'm just not thrilled about the new batch of characters...

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
This thread leads me to check if the original idolmaster is BC on Xbox one / series X. It's a shame that it is not compatible. I wonder if my old Xbox 360 Slim still works...

OP
Accoun

Accoun

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
So yeah, game itself is looking good. But personally, I'm just not thrilled about the new batch of characters...

Actually thinking about that and discussing it with other people I'm even more disappointed about the roster additions.
I was only thinking about whether I like them or not, but someone mentioned
The most exciting thing was seeing Anzu and Tenka in a setting where they have to be more independent
Except fuck that, here are their crutches instead
and I can't disagree. :-/

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
While I expect it to be completely region locked to Asia, I still hope it's not and it comes because it looks absolutely fantastic :(

OP
Accoun

Accoun

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Just a recap so no new info, but a few screens are new.

Reactions: Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Next Starlit Season stream will finally have a release date.
I'm already sure that we won't get this in the west and it will be region locked on Steam, but c'mon, game looks fantastic.

OP
Accoun

Accoun

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Steam page seems to be up - of course geoblocked. Date is 27th May.

Interestingly, it has an English store blurb even if nothing points in direction of an English release (I'm talking for Asia, not necessarily west).
Now, the girls are getting started Produce the "Project Luminous," a joint unit of the four brands from the "THE iDOLM@STER" series! New idols are also scouted for "Project Luminous" and unfold a completely new story!
Also, the store assets and one screenshot spoil a new character - a rival?

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Looks like this game is going to be another DLC hell. I remember the very first game on Xbox360 started the whole DLC cashgrab rush of that era.
DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION

【Set Contents】
-THE IDOLM@STER STARLIT SEASON Main Game
-Special communication "Secret Message Arc"
-DLC song "M@STERPIECE"
-DLC outfit "Star Piece Memory"
-DLC outfit "Pure White Bathing Suit"

OP
Accoun

Accoun

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Of course. Literally every main game had well over 1k in DLC. There's no reason to believe this won't be the same.