|OT| The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie | III and IX's Spy Caper Adventure

OP
Kvik

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Reverie came in pretty hot and there were clearly a lot more mistakes in the localisation compared to CS4.
Yeah, It's the little things like Master Quartz descriptions, weapon names, quartz status effects, typos in books, and so on. These things, while small, it sort of adds up and becomes noticeable, especially when you spend a lot of time with the game like I do.

I personally wouldn't mind NISA delaying the game if it would mean that it will spend more time in QA.

Reactions: QFNS

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018

New patch. We finally managed to track down the likely cause of the black screen deadlock that a few people/setups experienced every ~10 hours or so.

Unless we broke something, I don't expect that we'll do another PC patch before we get localization fixes to integrate.

OP
Kvik

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
We finally managed to track down the likely cause of the black screen deadlock that a few people/setups experienced every ~10 hours or so.
Nice! How did you manage that? I only encountered this bug once during my playthrough and wasn't able to replicate it again. But I know someone in Geofront's discord that ran into this bug quite often.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Nice! How did you manage that? I only encountered this bug once during my playthrough and wasn't able to replicate it again. But I know someone in Geofront's discord that ran into this bug quite often.
I had a suspicion (these things take a while to gestate :p), and based on that one of my co-workers was able to create a build which reliably reproduces the problem (basically by making the "Now Loading" rendering thread extremely misbehaved). Once he had it reproduced it was just "normal" debugging work o figure it out.

Someone asked in the Steam thread about the background, so I wrote a bit more here.

• Comfy
Reactions: QFNS and Kvik

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018

New patch. We finally managed to track down the likely cause of the black screen deadlock that a few people/setups experienced every ~10 hours or so.

Unless we broke something, I don't expect that we'll do another PC patch before we get localization fixes to integrate.
I had to stop myself the other day from submitting a bug report when I noted some text that was wrong because you mentioned you only wanted PC specific stuff and this was definitely a misspelling that's in all places.

Game has been great but it's a shame when little things like that take you out of it.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik