Community The MetaVerse VR thread (hardware/software/etc, all platforms)

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Some more stuff before tomorrow's UploadVR Showcase that should get lots of new trailers & stuff

Last edited:
  • Hug
Reactions: lashman and C-Dub

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Well this was it, not awful, not great, I added all the individual trailers that were made available here.

Road to VR also got this crafting stuff explanation recorded on Quest 2 from A Township Tale's devs.

Last edited:
  • Gib
Reactions: lashman

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I missed UploadVR - I had some family obligations to attend to.

Did I miss anything good? Everyone on Era seems disappointed, but that might just be Era being Era. They want AAA Sony-tier games in VR, and they wanted them yesterday.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I missed UploadVR - I had some family obligations to attend to.

Did I miss anything good? Everyone on Era seems disappointed, but that might just be Era being Era. They want AAA Sony-tier games in VR, and they wanted them yesterday.
For me it was mostly disappointing because there was nothing really new. All the games have had recent trailers in events like the PSVR Showcase or on their own, or clips on twitter, or already have demos, alphas or platform versions one could be playing or has seen much of from, etc., but for someone who doesn't follow VR closely, maybe it wasn't so bad (but on the other hand I doubt anyone not into VR at all watching it via IGN or wherever it gets more exposure would be convinced VR is cool from watching it). It was nice to get a new A Township Tale trailer after quite a long time (note UploadVR hadn't even ever mentioned the game before this trailer, that's just crazy), but you could be playing their f2p alpha years now.

Nerf Ultimate Championship was probably the only new announcement alongside some platform ports and it was only a CG trailer. After the Fall gave a pretty good glimpse of gameplay but personally I'm not fond of it, it looks like an attempt to copy L4D 1:1 but it's not there.

Some promising indie games only got like 20 seconds show time, I can't even find it as a trailer to post there now I'm adding the individual videos in the post (but again Eternal Starlight & Samurai Slaughter House had their own recent trailers, I also got that Sushi Ben footage from the creator's channel, UploadVR didn't even bother getting it outside the show, that's why I have 20 individual videos there now instead of the 19 UploadVR has).

I'll say it was nice to see more of the Waltz of the Wizard thing (were enemies shown before? I forget) and Green Hell VR and some other stuff there at least. Some other trailers made the games look worse than before in my opinion, like the Fracked part and the Larcenauts lame hero showcase. Also the Against footage showing a new visual style they've been experimenting with different to the current recent demo looked like a weird concept video.

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Fuck Frontier.

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
SteamNextFest VR Demos coming in hot but not all get a trailer/announcement so check here!
[UWSL] [/UWSL]
[UWSL][/UWSL] [UWSL] [/UWSL]

Last edited:
  • Love

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Last edited:
  • Disapproval

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Last edited:
  • Love

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 19, 2018
Ibis Island
Finally got around to hooking up my Oculus Quest 2 to my PC. Was surprised how easy it was once I realized what I needed to turn off and had no issues playing with the USB 3 cord I bought.

Now I just need Half-Life Alyx to go on sale again.

• Comfy

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Finally got around to hooking up my Oculus Quest 2 to my PC. Was surprised how easy it was once I realized what I needed to turn off and had no issues playing with the USB 3 cord I bought.

Now I just need Half-Life Alyx to go on sale again.
Steam Summer Sale soon. You can count on Alyx being discounted.

• This!

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

This has also released but looks suspiciously similar to Tower Tag, down to how it seems to have started as a location based VR arcade deal.

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
SShock2 has zombiesque monsters and worse though (and they're making them a bit less dodgy looking for the remaster/VR) :p

Have you played other greats like Journey of the Gods, Windlands 2, Lone Echo, Maskmaker, VTOL VR, Vengeful Rites, Apex Construct, Saints & Sinners, Thrill of the Fight, Eleven Table Tennis, Monster Reapers, Jetborne Racing, Cosmodread, Project Wingman, modded Outer Wilds, etc., now that you got the hang of it?

They just posted a new monster enhancement, heh.

Last edited:

DesolationStone

Sep 17, 2020
Italy
noblogo.org
SShock2 has zombiesque monsters and worse though (and they're making them a bit less dodgy looking for the remaster/VR) :p
Oh yes, I remember the Shodan's spiders :rolleyes:
Have you played other greats like Journey of the Gods, Windlands 2, Lone Echo, Maskmaker, VTOL VR, Vengeful Rites, Apex Construct, Saints & Sinners, Thrill of the Fight, Eleven Table Tennis, Monster Reapers, Jetborne Racing, Cosmodread, Project Wingman, modded Outer Wilds, etc., now that you got the hang of it?
Not yet

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
After my recent move it looks like I'll be able to dedicate an adjacent room (to my office) as my VR space. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations with setting this up? I'm currently using the Valve Index.

Durante I believe you did something like this before.

OP
Durante

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
After my recent move it looks like I'll be able to dedicate an adjacent room (to my office) as my VR space. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations with setting this up? I'm currently using the Valve Index.

Durante I believe you did something like this before.
I have used a setup like this for VR ever since the first Vive.

I currently do it with the Index, but for that the one thing I would note is getting a DisplayPort extension that is (i) as short as possible and (ii) as high-quality as possible. Because otherwise, it can prevent you from using the 144Hz or even 120Hz modes due to insufficient signal integrity.

Reactions: Arulan and lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Assuming Valve wish to stick with the PC ecosystem it doesn't seem viable any time soon if it's not meant to run its own spec tuned android/mobile/stand alone stuff like Quest. That form factor/specs might be enough for 720p30fps modern gaming but not for 90+fps PC VR games even after reducing settings.

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
This is one weird late patch, especially if it's not part of the "toggle" but simply removed. Oh well :unsure:

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Last edited: