Community The MetaVerse VR thread (hardware/software/etc, all platforms)

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Stuff from Steam Next VR Fest (or not), of course there are and will be loads more so check Steam.

Last edited:
  • Gib
Reactions: C-Dub and lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Reactions: C-Dub

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Reactions: lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: lashman and C-Dub

Eila

Jan 21, 2019
Is there anything that I could play on an ancient Windows Mixed Reality headset that I bought in 2018 and a 3060 GTX that will wow me? I just played a little bit of Half Life 2 VR and it kinda rocked, too bad I had to stop because I needed to recharge my batteries.

I bought the headset way back then and played with it for like two days and just kept it shelved for all this time, recently I thought to bring it out and tried a bit of Hellblade (it's alright) and Half Life 2 VR (I liked what I saw so far).

1000% cool dude bonus points if I already have the game or it's free so I don't have to spend money.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Does Half-Life Alyx work on WMR headsets? I'm pretty sure if you have controllers that are somewhat standard (i.e. are similar to Oculus controllers) you should be good to play that game. And Alyx is, without a doubt, the best VR game out there.

As far as other VR games I really enjoyed:
  • The Room VR
  • Vertigo Remastered
  • Beat Saber
  • Pistol Whip
  • The Talos Principle VR (never finished this as I beat the game in pancake mode years ago, but I loved what I played of it in VR and I think it's an equally good way to enjoy this amazing game)
  • Accounting+
  • Trover Saves the Universe
  • Moss (its sequel is also coming to Steam soon)
  • Tetris Effect Connected (also incredible if you have a beautiful TV/monitor - works just as well in VR and pancake mode)

RTX 3060 should be able to cope with all of those. Alyx is probably the game you will struggle with the most, but I believe it has pretty scalable settings.

Not sure how many of those work on WMR, so you may want to check each game's compatibility out, but those are my recommendations.

But I'm not as well-versed in VR as others. I enjoy a lot of VR games, but I'm not as immersed. I pop out my VR headset maybe once every 2 months or so to play something and then put it away again, and I don't always play on PC (I have a Quest 2) so there are likely other VR games that are also incredible experiences that will work fine on WMR.

Eila

Jan 21, 2019
Does Half-Life Alyx work on WMR headsets? I'm pretty sure if you have controllers that are somewhat standard (i.e. are similar to Oculus controllers) you should be good to play that game. And Alyx is, without a doubt, the best VR game out there.

As far as other VR games I really enjoyed:
  • The Room VR
  • Vertigo Remastered
  • Beat Saber
  • Pistol Whip
  • The Talos Principle VR (never finished this as I beat the game in pancake mode years ago, but I loved what I played of it in VR and I think it's an equally good way to enjoy this amazing game)
  • Accounting+
  • Trover Saves the Universe
  • Moss (its sequel is also coming to Steam soon)
  • Tetris Effect Connected (also incredible if you have a beautiful TV/monitor - works just as well in VR and pancake mode)

RTX 3060 should be able to cope with all of those. Alyx is probably the game you will struggle with the most, but I believe it has pretty scalable settings.

Not sure how many of those work on WMR, so you may want to check each game's compatibility out, but those are my recommendations.

But I'm not as well-versed in VR as others. I enjoy a lot of VR games, but I'm not as immersed. I pop out my VR headset maybe once every 2 months or so to play something and then put it away again, and I don't always play on PC (I have a Quest 2) so there are likely other VR games that are also incredible experiences that will work fine on WMR.
I own literally none of those games LMAO. I definitely want to try Alyx. I'll try to play HL2 and then go back to HL1 VR while I wait for a sale, I guess.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Didn't have internet but was retweeting from work and stuff, gonna dump them all from last post to yesterday. Some in this first batch may be reposts though.

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Edited the Dyschronia launch tweet with the newer one that includes the new trailer. Otherwise, same cool stuff.

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Last edited: