|OT| The official Marvel Cinematic Universe thread!

OP
Alexandros

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
So, for my spoiler-free impressions: I freaking LOVED it. Right now my feelings tell me that it's even better than Infinity War, although I may be currently influenced by the movie being so fresh in my mind. It's a different movie than Infinity War, less frantic and differently paced, but fantastic all the same. For fans that followed the MCU since the beginning and are invested in these characters, Endgame is pretty much the perfect way to close the book on the Infinity Saga. The character moments are touching, the references and callbacks are great and the action is truly spectacular.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Movie was great. No spoiler review is that it was long but I barely minded. Great conclusion to Infinity War. Not sure which of the two I like better, I have a slight feeling on repeat viewing this one won't be as good as I, but I'll have to see it again to make sure.

Still a hell of a ride.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Endgame had a great payoff indeed and I was surprised at how neatly it came together, but I enjoyed Infinity War more personally -- in particular its tone, character arcs, and pacing. But I think that may have been partly because I had no expectations going into IW, whereas I was invested in how Endgame would wrap up.

Got me thinking about other multi-movie series where I liked the one that set up the final movie more than the final movie itself, and I can't really think of many examples. Return of the King was incredibly satisfying but then Two Towers was also kind of a drag. About on par with Fellowship though. Deathly Hallows pt. 1 was great but pt. 2 was brilliant. Spider Man 2 I guess, but that last one was just a trainwreck, and I wouldn't really count it as it doesn't directly set up SM3.

Last edited:

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
I went to the first morning screening (8:20 am), and gotta say, even after reading spoilers, I was super surprised at the actual movie. I know, that the other forum's resident cinephiles will find a way to hate on the Endgame (cinematography isn't up to Tarkovsky, no stakes, whatever) but I can't name a blockbuster of this magnitude and quality since TDK.

Just the fact that Russos and Marcus/McFeely were able to tied the entire MCU in the end is insane in its ambition. And I applaud to the editing team, to stitch this monstrosity together in a coherent way was an impossible task, but they pulled it off (the film could be shorter, but it's a little nitpick of mine).

I'm glad that the movie centered on the characters like Hawkeye, Black Widow and Nebula, characters that never got much attention in their previous appearances (especially Clint). But the real MVP to me is Paul Rudd, who would've expected Ant-Man to be the heart of the film. I'm also glad Carol ended up being in the movie as much as she was.

It really is the end of an era. Sure, everyone can return in comics, but I believe Feige knows better than that. I'm not entirely on board with some direction the film took in regards of certain character, but we'll see how it's going to play out.

Reactions: Alexandros and guek

guek

Mar 22, 2019
I saw it on Saturday and have been mulling it over in my head. On the whole, I enjoyed Endgame a ton, and it was almost everything I could have wanted as a capstone. I might end up enjoying it more on repeat viewings, but it's currently on upper echelon of MCU films but probably below Infinity War. I have nitpicks :p But in spite of that, it doesn't keep the experience from being excellent.

As others have said, that first act is a real slow burn. Showing the gravity of what they lost in the snap through Scott Lang was inspired. The world as a whole feels legitimately broken by what happened, as it should. That five year jump blindsided me completely, but I really like how it's not reversed in the end either. it's not like they go back and murder Thanos before he gets the stones and then the world changes like it never happened. Five years is a LONG ASS TIME. That makes what happened in Infinity War still substantially consequential within the universe. It's something that's going to have to be reckoned with in all the direct sequels of characters that were gone for five entire years. What's Wakanda going to look like? Though I gotta say, it's going to be awfully coincidental that every one of Peter's core quiz bowl team were snapped and came back five years later the same age.

The second act is a little campy but all in good fun. The victory lap of revisiting previous movies is a fun narrative device without feeling cheap or self indulgent. However, time travel brings with it so many other headaches. They say explicitly that going to the past and changing it will change your future, but they not only kill Thanos and his entire army, they kill a time displaced Nebula, bring a time displaced Gamora to the future, and lose track of Loki and the tesseract. None of those discrepancies are ever really addressed and that's pretty annoying in a film that takes great pain to explain why they have to return the stones to precisely when they take them from history.

The second act also introduces merged Hulk, aka "The Professor." I don't mind this progression in the character in principle, but the sudden change is one of my least favorite things about this film. It really feels like the Russos glossing over Bruce's character development over the preceding 5 years and then never doing anything with it. Bruce does not get an arc in this film and that's a damn shame, especially when there was more than enough set up for one. Hulk never gets a redemptive moment or one final showstopping display of power. Out of all the central Avengers, he felt the most short changed. Ruffalo had hinted multiple times that they were going to do an extended story for Hulk between Thor Ragnarok, Infinity War, and Endgame, but all the formative change for him occurs off screen during the time jump. Savage Hulk should have made a reappearance at the end with Hulk having one final display of astonishing anger. We don't know if we're getting Hulk back in any sort of meaningful role, especially since his right arm is still seen as severely injured in the aftermath scenes of the film.

Dude-Thor is introduced in the second act as well, which was a clever and subversive turn for the character that was probably a little too played out by the end. Thor's arc suffers similar problems with Banner's where a big substantive change happens off screen but at least the story goes somewhere with it when Thor visits Asgard and reconnects with his mother. The decision to have thicc Thor for the entire movie was also a...bold choice I wouldn't have ever predicted. Thor staying the way he is, at least physically, is a little more palatable than Banner's staleness because at least he has greater potential for a follow up. Thor joining the Guardians runs the risk of overshadowing them, so I expect he will be written out of the group somehow before or during GotG v3, but at least he embarks on another adventure and change is expected. Thor's character has also established a somewhat cyclical pattern of destruction and rebirth, so the regression to a psychologically broken and fat Thor is in line with the character. I'm torn on whether I wanted him to have a bigger redemption arc and will likely need reviewing to really make up my mind.

One other thing I wanted to make sure I touch on with the second act is that with the reintroduction of Thanos from the past, I've noticed some complaints that this Thanos feels like a watered down version of what we got in Infinity War. While I understand the sentiment, I think watching Infinity War and Endgame back to back will help mitigate that perception. Thanos in Infinity War was the protagonist but that version had won at the point of his death. And as I said earlier, with 5 years time passing, he's going to leave one massive scar of trauma on the universe. The past version of Thanos is no longer a real character in Endgame and I think that's fine because as the primary threat, the time displaced version of Thanos is merely a promise of what's to come. Both the past and present versions of the character refer to himself as "inevitable." That promise is his sole purpose in the film, and with the level of introspection presented in the preceding movie, I don't think Endgame really needed to unearth more layers for Thanos.

The second act ends with Natasha and Clint fighting over who gets to sacrifice themselves to obtain the soul stone which was handled pretty well overall. Their entire dynamic in this film feels like a wonderful callback to the first Avengers, and their friendship feels authentic throughout. I've come across some criticism of Natasha's death saying it felt flat in the context of the film and considering how significant of a moment it should have been, and I agree that it doesn't come close to Gamora's death in Infinity War which it's trying to emulate both in tone as well as narrative significance, but that mainly comes down to the lack of follow up after it happens. After Gamora dies, the event continues to have aftereffects with Quill's reaction to the news on Titan and Thanos having a vision of her within the soul stone when he does the snap, but Natasha isn't really referenced again in any meaningful way after she's killed off. In that sense, they really short changed Black Widow as a character. Either Bruce or Steve should have been hit much harder than they were by the loss.

Moving on to the final act, what's there to really say? The final battle is everything I could have asked for. Captain Marvel's entrance is clearly meant to be emulating Thor's entrance to Wakanda in Infinity War and doesn't quite live up to it since Carol doesn't go through an entire arc beforehand, but it was still a major crowd pleasing moment. That's where I think Bruce could have really used a moment to shine and bring his character back around to embracing the savage angry Hulk. The moment that most closely resembles Thor's IW entrance would have to be Cap wielding Mjolnir which was so over the top fan service, I don't even care that it was fan service. That entire sequence and his use of the hammer + shield combo was outstanding. Tony's death and final sacrifice was seen coming a mile away but still hit home really hard. You could hear the entire theater holding their breath as his life slowly slipped away, and the funeral scene was a touching send off for the character (that really should have included Natasha as well but whatever, opportunity squandered). Steve and Clint having happy endings was also a great narrative choice as it helps emphasize the underlying message of these films. Tony in Age of Ultron has a great moment when he asks "Isn't that why we fight, so we get to go home?" Steve deserves his happy ending, and so does Clint, because not only does it help give the entire preceding saga an underlying sense of optimism, robbing either of that kind of closure would feel pretty cruel at this point. At least Tony got to experience fatherhood and redeemed himself by successfully bringing back his surrogate son. A lot of people wanted Steve to sacrifice himself in the end, but not only has the character already played that exact same move before, how much does one man really have to suffer before he finds a semblance of happiness? It's a fitting end for the character, though I wonder whether or not that ruins the timeline in some way. Time travel is such a clusterfuck.

As much as I loved it, what ultimately keeps Endgame from matching Infinity War for me is a lack of narrative continuity, and much of that has to do with Thanos being killed off in the first few minutes. As I said, that Thanos won, and his narrative thread ends with his life, but his philosophy should have continued to play a role in the story. That it was never really raised again or criticized directly felt clumsy. Endgame feels like the natural endcap to Infinity war, like a long protracted final act, but without the core narrative thread you'd expect to connect the two films. It's not even that they had to jettison those questions to proceed with the plot. There were plenty of moments they could have weaved it in using the Thanos from the past but instead chose not to. This makes Infinity War and Endgame feel like completely isolated films which is in conflict with pretty much everything else that feels like a direct continuation. To put it simply, Thanos had his character arc come to a complete close at the end of Infinity War, and Endgame chooses not to pick up that old thread. I've only seen it once, so I hope this sentiment changes for me on repeat viewings. This lack of fluid continuity between the two films along with the complete bungling of Hulk's story are what irks me most about Endgame. Both are handled very inelegantly, as are some aspects of time travel, which feels like a step down from Infinity War's immaculately constructed narrative.

That all said, as a capstone and send off for the original incarnation of the Avengers? Damn, does it deliver. The film is a tribute, the marvelous Stan Lee cameo not withstanding. I'm excited to see it again as soon as possible :giggle:

Last edited:

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
I saw it on Saturday and have been mulling it over in my head. On the whole, I enjoyed Endgame a ton, and it was almost everything I could have wanted as a capstone. I might end up enjoying it more on repeat viewings, but it's currently on upper echelon of MCU films but probably below Infinity War. I have nitpicks :p But in spite of that, it doesn't keep the experience from being excellent.

As others have said, that first act is a real slow burn. Showing the gravity of what they lost in the snap through Scott Lang was inspired. The world as a whole feels legitimately broken by what happened, as it should. That five year jump blindsided me completely, but I really like how it's not reversed in the end either. it's not like they go back and murder Thanos before he gets the stones and then the world changes like it never happened. Five years is a LONG ASS TIME. That makes what happened in Infinity War still substantially consequential within the universe. It's something that's going to have to be reckoned with in all the direct sequels of characters that were gone for five entire years. What's Wakanda going to look like? Though I gotta say, it's going to be awfully coincidental that every one of Peter's core quiz bowl team were snapped and came back five years later the same age.

The second act is a little campy but all in good fun. The victory lap of revisiting previous movies is a fun narrative device without feeling cheap or self indulgent. However, time travel brings with it so many other headaches. They say explicitly that going to the past and changing it will change your future, but they not only kill Thanos and his entire army, they kill a time displaced Nebula, bring a time displaced Gamora to the future, and lose track of Loki and the tesseract. None of those discrepancies are ever really addressed and that's pretty annoying in a film that takes great pain to explain why they have to return the stones to precisely when they take them from history.

The second act also introduces merged Hulk, aka "The Professor." I don't mind this progression in the character in principle, but the sudden change is one of my least favorite things about this film. It really feels like the Russos glossing over Bruce's character development over the preceding 5 years and then never doing anything with it. Bruce does not get an arc in this film and that's a damn shame, especially when there was more than enough set up for one. Hulk never gets a redemptive moment or one final showstopping display of power. Out of all the central Avengers, he felt the most short changed. Ruffalo had hinted multiple times that they were going to do an extended story for Hulk between Thor Ragnarok, Infinity War, and Endgame, but all the formative change for him occurs off screen during the time jump. Savage Hulk should have made a reappearance at the end with Hulk having one final display of astonishing anger. We don't know if we're getting Hulk back in any sort of meaningful role, especially since his right arm is still seen as severely injured in the aftermath scenes of the film.

Dude-Thor is introduced in the second act as well, which was a clever and subversive turn for the character that was probably a little too played out by the end. Thor's arc suffers similar problems with Banner's where a big substantive change happens off screen but at least the story goes somewhere with it when Thor visits Asgard and reconnects with his mother. The decision to have thicc Thor for the entire movie was also a...bold choice I wouldn't have ever predicted. Thor staying the way he is, at least physically, is a little more palatable than Banner's staleness because at least he has greater potential for a follow up. Thor joining the Guardians runs the risk of overshadowing them, so I expect he will be written out of the group somehow before or during GotG v3, but at least he embarks on another adventure and change is expected. Thor's character has also established a somewhat cyclical pattern of destruction and rebirth, so the regression to a psychologically broken and fat Thor is in line with the character. I'm torn on whether I wanted him to have a bigger redemption arc and will likely need reviewing to really make up my mind.

One other thing I wanted to make sure I touch on with the second act is that with the reintroduction of Thanos from the past, I've noticed some complaints that this Thanos feels like a watered down version of what we got in Infinity War. While I understand the sentiment, I think watching Infinity War and Endgame back to back will help mitigate that perception. Thanos in Infinity War was the protagonist but that version had won at the point of his death. And as I said earlier, with 5 years time passing, he's going to leave one massive scar of trauma on the universe. The past version of Thanos is no longer a real character in Endgame and I think that's fine because as the primary threat, the time displaced version of Thanos is merely a promise of what's to come. Both the past and present versions of the character refer to himself as "inevitable." That promise is his sole purpose in the film, and with the level of introspection presented in the preceding movie, I don't think Endgame really needed to unearth more layers for Thanos.

The second act ends with Natasha and Clint fighting over who gets to sacrifice themselves to obtain the soul stone which was handled pretty well overall. Their entire dynamic in this film feels like a wonderful callback to the first Avengers, and their friendship feels authentic throughout. I've come across some criticism of Natasha's death saying it felt flat in the context of the film and considering how significant of a moment it should have been, and I agree that it doesn't come close to Gamora's death in Infinity War which it's trying to emulate both in tone as well as narrative significance, but that mainly comes down to the lack of follow up after it happens. After Gamora dies, the event continues to have aftereffects with Quill's reaction to the news on Titan and Thanos having a vision of her within the soul stone when he does the snap, but Natasha isn't really referenced again in any meaningful way after she's killed off. In that sense, they really short changed Black Widow as a character. Either Bruce or Steve should have been hit much harder than they were by the loss.

Moving on to the final act, what's there to really say? The final battle is everything I could have asked for. Captain Marvel's entrance is clearly meant to be emulating Thor's entrance to Wakanda in Infinity War and doesn't quite live up to it since Carol doesn't go through an entire arc beforehand, but it was still a major crowd pleasing moment. That's where I think Bruce could have really used a moment to shine and bring his character back around to embracing the savage angry Hulk. The moment that most closely resembles Thor's IW entrance would have to be Cap wielding Mjolnir which was so over the top fan service, I don't even care that it was fan service. That entire sequence and his use of the hammer + shield combo was outstanding. Tony's death and final sacrifice was seen coming a mile away but still hit home really hard. You could hear the entire theater holding their breath as his life slowly slipped away, and the funeral scene was a touching send off for the character (that really should have included Natasha as well but whatever, opportunity squandered). Steve and Clint having happy endings was also a great narrative choice as it helps emphasize the underlying message of these films. Tony in Age of Ultron has a great moment when he asks "Isn't that why we fight, so we get to go home?" Steve deserves his happy ending, and so does Clint, because not only does it help give the entire preceding saga an underlying sense of optimism, robbing either of that kind of closure would feel pretty cruel at this point. At least Tony got to experience fatherhood and redeemed himself by successfully bringing back his surrogate son. A lot of people wanted Steve to sacrifice himself in the end, but not only has the character already played that exact same move before, how much does one man really have to suffer before he finds a semblance of happiness? It's a fitting end for the character, though I wonder whether or not that ruins the timeline in some way. Time travel is such a clusterfuck.

As much as I loved it, what ultimately keeps Endgame from matching Infinity War for me is a lack of narrative continuity, and much of that has to do with Thanos being killed off in the first few minutes. As I said, that Thanos won, and his narrative thread ends with his life, but his philosophy should have continued to play a role in the story. That it was never really raised again or criticized directly felt clumsy. Endgame feels like the natural endcap to Infinity war, like a long protracted final act, but without the core narrative thread you'd expect to connect the two films. It's not even that they had to jettison those questions to proceed with the plot. There were plenty of moments they could have weaved it in using the Thanos from the past but instead chose not to. This makes Infinity War and Endgame feel like completely isolated films which is in conflict with pretty much everything else that feels like a direct continuation. To put it simply, Thanos had his character arc come to a complete close at the end of Infinity War, and Endgame chooses not to pick up that old thread. I've only seen it once, so I hope this sentiment changes for me on repeat viewings. This lack of fluid continuity between the two films along with the complete bungling of Hulk's story are what irks me most about Endgame. Both are handled very inelegantly, as are some aspects of time travel, which feels like a step down from Infinity War's immaculately constructed narrative.

That all said, as a capstone and send off for the original incarnation of the Avengers? Damn, does it deliver. The film is a tribute, the marvelous Stan Lee cameo not withstanding. I'm excited to see it again as soon as possible :giggle:
As a Hulk fan, I agree with you 100%, which is why these two movies are good, but not great in my eyes.

And that's before explaining the stuff about Cap.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I agree on hulk.
the only thing I miss from the movie is some great hulk moments.

On thanos
he worked better for me on the second viewing. I got the sense that he was little lost but also much more secure in himself because he now know he will win. So him feeling younger makes sense, here is someone that didn't take the journey but jumped to the end. And you can see that he also lost faith because he saw that his plan didn't work the way he wanted.

Reactions: Phoenix RISING

guek

Mar 22, 2019
As a Hulk fan, I agree with you 100%, which is why these two movies are good, but not great in my eyes.

And that's before explaining the stuff about Cap.
Yup.
Hulk is one of my favorite comicbook characters and he was wasted by the Russos in two different movies. Feels bad man.

Reactions: Phoenix RISING
OP
Alexandros

Alexandros

Nov 4, 2018
I really loved the first act. Yeah it's slower but all those character moments were pretty great.

Reactions: ISee

prudis

anime occult member
Sep 19, 2018
The Kingdom of Beer and Porn
twitter.com
not really related to MCU per se.... but fuck netflix
fuck netflix
According to a production executive, Disney has been warned by lawyers not to even think about developing new content featuring the characters of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and The Punisher until the two-year mark. The clarification is an important once, as it means Disney probably won’t be spending time during the next two years working on new material with these characters to launch new series in 2020. If Disney can’t even begin developing a new Daredevil series until 2020, then it’s going to take much longer than just two years for the character to return to the big or small screen.
Hoping for ‘Daredevil’ and ‘Jessica Jones’ Revivals? It’s Going to Take Longer Than Just 2 Years

Reactions: ISee and Alexandros

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
Finally watched the movie Tuesday night and I absolutely loved it. I can't wait to watch it again on Blu-Ray in English.
The theater was packed, but apart from people laughing every single time Thor appeared, it was dead silent. Great experience.

Favourite moments:

Everything Thor
Nebula killing her past self
Black Widow being awesome even in death
Captain Marvel surrounded by all the other women
and of course Iron Man's sacrifice and Cap going to live his life with Agent Carter

I've already pre-ordered the new Iron Studios 1/10 statues from Endgame... help.

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
Finally watched the movie Tuesday night and I absolutely loved it. I can't wait to watch it again on Blu-Ray in English.
The theater was packed, but apart from people laughing every single time Thor appeared, it was dead silent. Great experience.

Favourite moments:

Everything Thor
Nebula killing her past self
Black Widow being awesome even in death
Captain Marvel surrounded by all the other women
and of course Iron Man's sacrifice and Cap going to live his life with Agent Carter

I've already pre-ordered the new Iron Studios 1/10 statues from Endgame... help.
yah my theater was pretty opposite from IW in terms of the "cheering" aspect but then again it was a pretty different movie being so emotional. There were still a couple pops from people towards the end that im sure most here would know what Im talking about.

Reactions: Milena

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Really petty of them but I can wait. There is a lot of MCU content in the pipeline and I'm sure that eventually these characters will get their proper MCU debut.
I'm actually waiting for their take on Kingpin. Which won't be easy after the excellent Netflix version.
Still, Kingpin is a must do for me (at some point in time).

Reactions: Alexandros

Shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Apr 28, 2019
www.theouterhaven.net
I'm actually waiting for their take on Kingpin. Which won't be easy after the excellent Netflix version.
Still, Kingpin is a must do for me (at some point in time).
Sadly, I don't think we'll see Kingpin or any of the other mainstream villains that aren't really prime for the big screen. They want someone who can be portrayed as an ultimate threat. As much as Kingpin is liked as a villain, he's small potatoes compared to a Doom, Kang, Galactus, etc. Plus, we're in Phase 4 soon, I don't see any earth-based villains being cast unless it's some major cataclysm stuff.

This is bizarre, I get not giving a permission to start production on a new season in 2 years, but not even developing storylines? Netflix afraid these shows will help Hulu aren't they?
Hulu said they wanted to continue them, but ultimately this is up to Disney. It wasn't Netflix that really killed off these shows. And seeing how Disney+ is nearly here, don't expect that to happen. Disney wants to own all of the MCU stuff and wants it on Disney+. I was surprised that Hulu announced it was doing a Ghost Rider and Helstrom series, but then noticed it wasn't going to be tied to the MCU.

As for Endgame, I've seen it 3x now and I think I'm done. The first on release, a few days later to see stuff I missed and again with the kiddos. Can't wait to see it in my own home (Pre-orders for the Bluray/DVD are already up).

OP
Alexandros

Alexandros

Nov 4, 2018
You know, I think there's a good chance we see some smaller villains in the next movies, including Kingpin. After such a massive event like Endgame, it makes sense to tone things down and allow the audience to rest before the next big event starts winding up.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Disney wants to own all of the MCU stuff and wants it on Disney+. I was surprised that Hulu announced it was doing a Ghost Rider and Helstrom series, but then noticed it wasn't going to be tied to the MCU.
IIRC Disney owns the majority stake at Hulu (60% ). The way I see it, expensive miniseries' directly tied to MCU will be produced by Marvel Studios/Feige for Disney+, stuff from the Marvel TV produced by Perlmutter's team from now on will be on Hulu. Not sure how much connection it's going to have to the MCU, but if Gabriel Luna returns as GR, then it's probably still taking place in the same universe.

Shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Apr 28, 2019
www.theouterhaven.net
IIRC Disney owns the majority stake at Hulu (60% ). The way I see it, expensive miniseries' directly tied to MCU will be produced by Marvel Studios/Feige for Disney+, stuff from the Marvel TV produced by Perlmutter's team from now on will be on Hulu. Not sure how much connection it's going to have to the MCU, but if Gabriel Luna returns as GR, then it's probably still taking place in the same universe.
They stated at least for the two announced shows, that it won't be connected.

guek

Mar 22, 2019
Saw it for a second time yesterday. Still crazy good, though I'll say the move does feel like it drags a little towards the end of the second act, but only a little. The crowd was just as animated during a 75% full 11AM screening as the one I went to last weekend. Lots of tears were shed :cry:

Something I noticed Silvestri did more of here than in Infinity War
He definitely used more music from previous franchises. He reused his First Avenger score frequently during Infinity War but Endgame had stuff ripped directly from Ragnarok and Doctor Strange as well. I'm positive there were glimpses of other scores that I'm forgetting...

Yeah I'll probably end up buying this score too, just like I did with Endgame.

Reactions: Milena
OP
Alexandros

Alexandros

Nov 4, 2018

guek

Mar 22, 2019
Yeah, it really seems like an epilogue for Endgame.
I'm hoping so. I'm afraid they'll handwave the effects of Endgame apart from
Tony's death
. I really want to a traumatized world in the wake of Thanos.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Spiderman looks dope. I think the Alternate-Earths stuff is an interesting route to go. It means they could be opening up all kinds of comics stuff from Ultimates, to Earth-2 to Squadron Supreme, and more. Lots of crazy stuff out there in a "Multiverse".

Plus it means Spiderverse can be cannon in MCU lolololol.

Reactions: Spamlynguist
OP
Alexandros

Alexandros

Nov 4, 2018
Yeah I guess with multiverse they can all X-Men movies cannon too, even bring in the first class actors .

Not sure how I feel with multiverse stuff going forward.
The most likely scenario is that Mysterio is lying his ass off. I wouldn't worry about it.

Transdude1996

Apr 30, 2019
Die in a fire Tier - Incredible Hulk
Disappointments- Hulk
Meh: Iron Man 2, Thor the Dark World, Hulk
Bad:
  • The first Hulk that Marvel doesn't even acknowledge
And, all of you show how terrible your taste in films is.

it will be weird to have an Avengers movie without Iron Man, Captain America and Thor.
It will be weirder when they are recast. How do they explain that? Have Dr Strange pull them from alternate universes into the MCU prime? Say they're the 'Mighty' or Uncanny versions of the heroes?
Let's just say that the comics already revealed the direction they will likely go:
And, their comic sales have hit the lowest of the low, comic stores are closing their doors due to the extremely low sales, and, now, there's the recent flurry over the possibility of Marvel Comics shuting down with all "official" sources just dancing around the question (No one has outright said "No, it isn't happening").

if only for the awesome moments we'll get when they cameo in future movies.
Evans and RDJ already said their good byes and they're NOT coming back.

It's funny to see so much of the "no spoilers" everywhere in regards to Endgame, even I got a "no spoilers" from my psychiatrist!:D
Why? We already know "Thanos loses, good guys win, some people die, THE END!" And, that's not leaving out the fact that we already knew that Spider-Man, the GotG, Black Widow, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and dozens of other characters didn't really "die" in Infinity War because they're still slated for upcoming movies.

Not with Detective Pikachu on the case.
Much of Pokemon's popularity died with 4Kids: The Pokemon Theatrical Releases Defined An Era

I'll just be happy to see Avatar dethroned, personally.
That just in terms of raw numbers. When adjusted, Avatar made $3.25 billion, and that's not including that they still need to top Doctor Zhivago, The Ten Commandments, E.T., The Sound of Music, the original Star Wars, Titanic, and Gone With The Wind (Which has remained top dog for the past 80 years). All they've done is just beat out The Force Awakens and Jaws.

Reactions: Alexandros

Transdude1996

Apr 30, 2019
Are you even aware that there are two Hulk movies? The one with Edward Norton is the sequel.
No, it's not. The Norton film has NOTHING to do with the 2003 film, and the Norton film is actually very good. It and the first Iron Man are the best films in the entire MCU.