Community The Saints Row series

OP
unknownhero

unknownhero

Apr 18, 2019
I legit laughed when hearing about the streaming part. was hoping for a small teaser for the next game though.

OP
unknownhero

unknownhero

Apr 18, 2019
HOLY SHIT!

HOOOOLLLYYY SHIIIIITTT!

Volition did find the source code for 2 and now they are gonna fix the pc version and add steam works!

this came from the volition community stream for the 11th aniversary of SR2

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I know, it's awesome news. Owners of the game on Steam get the update for free so I hope they can work with GOG to fix up the GOG version too.

edit:
MJunioR Posted a tl;dr from the Livestream in the Steam Thread so i'm pasting it here too:

• It's a passion project, being worked by Mike Watson (IdolNinja) and Thomas Jepp
  • Focus on performance, stability, integrating Steamworks (coop will return)
  • Audio is being fixed too
  • DLCs (previous X360 / PS3 only) will be added
  • Completely free, will be added to Saints Row 2 owners' library automatically
  • Gentlemen of the Row fixes will be implemented on the patch and the mod will be updated to work with the updated version of SR2
  • Saves made in the actual version won't be compatible with the updated one but you will be still able to play these by launching the old version
  • No release date
  • For now the update is only coming to the Steam version, but there's a chance of it coming to the GOG version in the future
Summary of Volition's SR2 Livestream post

Last edited:

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
I know, it's awesome news. Owners of the game on Steam get the update for free so I hope they can work with GOG to fix up the GOG version too.

edit:
MJunioR Posted a tl;dr from the Livestream in the Steam Thread so i'm pasting it here too:

• It's a passion project, being worked by Mike Watson (IdolNinja) and Thomas Jepp
  • Focus on performance, stability, integrating Steamworks (coop will return)
  • Audio is being fixed too
  • DLCs (previous X360 / PS3 only) will be added
  • Completely free, will be added to Saints Row 2 owners' library automatically
  • Gentlemen of the Row fixes will be implemented on the patch and the mod will be updated to work with the updated version of SR2
  • Saves made in the actual version won't be compatible with the updated one but you will be still able to play these by launching the old version
  • No release date
  • For now the update is only coming to the Steam version, but there's a chance of it coming to the GOG version in the future
Summary of Volition's SR2 Livestream post
I'm stoked to finally play the DLCs. I've been meaning to get them on console but looks like I don't have to now!

OP
unknownhero

unknownhero

Apr 18, 2019
I'm thinking it will be an e3 announcement, here's hoping at least. I'm just really curious where they are gonna take it this time lol.

Reactions: Deleted member 113