Community The Slow Demise of Denuvo (Progress Report)

tet666

Dec 21, 2018
P2P cracker EMPRESS is back and has a lot to share about her little foray in to the scene:

As some of you may know there where some pretty big busts this month and the whole cracking scene completely vanished overnight.
She also brought a little gift:

Planet.Zoo-EMPRESS

And basically makes her work crowdfunded going forward.

• Love
Reactions: xinek and lashman

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Yeah, this thread actually depresses me now because most newer Denuvo games have been virtually uncrackable.

If anything, they've earned more trust from the usual publishers judging by the recent performance.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
we're back, baby!

As some people might have figured out, I believe the "decryption" of the word "Denuvo" actually means "de-owning"... it is clear statement of the "REAL" purpose of the DRM, and an explanation of why many companies STILL choose NOT to remove Denuvo from old and very old games.

They are basically watermarking their games, but with CANCER, and ... yes I BELIEVE it is also for "Selfish" and "Nasty" reasons and it shows you how they truly see and treat you (as pigs) and how their plans for the future are. [many of them don't even plan of ever giving you the freedom of ownership] even when the game is lost and forgotten 100%, 10-20 years from now.

I AM NOT for the money here, they are just a TOOL to achieve my mission to preserve what we have now for the future. You can have all the money in the world right now but you won't be able to buy true ownership anymore.

Thank you to all who supported me so far. Thank to you the next release of MK11 will be pollible.

also Blands 3 is cracked now :)

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Interesting... a quote from the article. "But slowly, over the last day, downloaders realized that Empress had capped the speed. She designed it so nobody could download the game in less than 24 hours. That would prevent repackers from repackaging her cracks for easier downloads—and potentially claiming the credit."

What the hell. :confused-face: I've read the entire article and "Empress" comes off as someone who's ego-eccentric and possibly deranged.

Last edited:

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Interesting... a quote from the article. "But slowly, over the last day, downloaders realized that Empress had capped the speed. She designed it so nobody could download the game in less than 24 hours. That would prevent repackers from repackaging her cracks for easier downloads—and potentially claiming the credit."

What the hell. :confused-face: I've read the entire article and "Empress" comes off as someone who's ego-eccentric and possibly deranged.

Person working an insanely ego driven field ends up with traits from said field. Not surprising. Scene stuff is ALWAYS about who is first, who has the best stuff, who is RESPECTED, who is the BEST, etc. Of course someone deep in these sorts of communities is going to come off like a psycho to people who aren't in their group. I'm kinda baffled this person decided to be interviewed as journalists are usually pretty high up on the shitlists of people in these groups.

Article was interesting, IMO. Not something I want to engage with but I can't hate on people who do.

• This!

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Person working an insanely ego driven field ends up with traits from said field. Not surprising. Scene stuff is ALWAYS about who is first, who has the best stuff, who is RESPECTED, who is the BEST, etc. Of course someone deep in these sorts of communities is going to come off like a psycho to people who aren't in their group. I'm kinda baffled this person decided to be interviewed as journalists are usually pretty high up on the shitlists of people in these groups.
Yeah, I can't fault someone for wanting to prevent other people taking credit for their work in a situation where reputation is the only form of recognition or payment. Anyway, these people are doing a public service, so if they want to fly a freak flag, more power to them all.