Community The Visual Novel Council | All Choices Lead To Here

Kvik

Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
There's this nice comparison writeup between the official localisation of Summer Pockets and Fan Translation made by Alka.

TLDR; both have their strong suits, but the official one is consistent in terms of quality, while Alka's has good flow in some cases but inconsistent in others.

Reactions: Exzyleph

DeejayDoom

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
The VN's published by Aniplex.

Reactions: Kvik and Exzyleph

tetel

Jan 7, 2020
Adabana is blocked in Poland and, apparently, in many other European countries. ¯\(ツ)

ZKenir

Honjou Raita is my god
May 10, 2019
Fucking why? :(
Because Aniplex is shit, regionblocking is why I left manga and anime and now I mostly focus on VN, ofc Aniplex and other publishers had to fuck it up as well at some point.

I rarely complain about stuff but I fucking hate them for this (and fuck you too Liar-soft)

Reactions: sprinkles

tetel

Jan 7, 2020
ATRI page is blocked here too (Steam still okay). Same goes for Aniplex.Exe website so I guess they just forgot to block the Steam page for ATRI.

ZKenir

Honjou Raita is my god
May 10, 2019
I wonder if they are gonna block ATRI on steam as well.
Surely there's a reason why Adabana is blocked but ATRI isn't.
If it isn't blocked in NA I expect the reason to be because of licensing (and thus because Aniplex is shit), if it's blocked in NA as well Aniplex is still shit.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
In that case it is probably just an oversight that ATRI isn't region-blocked on Steam.
Damn. I was looking forward to both of those titles.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
In that case it is probably just an oversight that ATRI isn't region-blocked on Steam.
Damn. I was looking forward to both of those titles.
Will be up on nyaa 10 minutes after they go up on Steam, so if the publisher actively doesn't want your money, I don't see any reason not to passively give them the middle finger.

ZKenir

Honjou Raita is my god
May 10, 2019
Personally I'd rather not having to download the game as piracy has inherent risks which I'd rather avoid.

I'll make a conscious effort not to be obnoxious and spout a tide a bile, if there's one thing that really pisses me off is region loked media, being from liar-soft is doubly frustrating for me.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
I'm not gonna pretend to be a saint when it comes to piracy, but I'd really do prefer to buy my VNs.
I actually own physical copies of Inganock and Sharnoth because of that.

So I'll probably just take a wait-and-see approach if Adabana and ATRI are still region-locked by the time they launch on Steam.
I also have enough highly rated titles in my backlog that I can easily put off reading those two for a good while.

ZKenir

Honjou Raita is my god
May 10, 2019
it's not about being a saint or not, I want:
1) conveniency - press a button and done
2) downloading knowing a third party (valve in this case) checked for potential malicious software

I don't get that from a download that johnny uploaded

So I'll probably just take a wait-and-see approach if Adabana and ATRI are still region-locked by the time they launch on Steam.
ATRI is region locked for you?

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
ATRI is region locked for you?
Right now the store page for ATRI isn't region locked, but the websites for Adabana, ATRI, and Aniplex.exe are all region locked.
So I'm basically assuming that ATRI will also be region locked by the time it is released on Steam.

Kvik

Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
The two titles aren't blocked in Australia at least, but knowing Aniplex blu-ray pricing in the past, they'll charge exorbitantly for the pleasure of owning it.