I'm mainly excited for Sona-Nyl, which didn't get an update, but i does look like there'll be a bunch of releases from MG in the near future. Higraushi ch. 7 is also releasing soon, but it'll probably be another year before the last chapter is out.
- Maggot Baits is out of beta and we're putting the finishing touches on the release build!
- Farther than the Blue Sky is also out of beta and we're now finalizing the release build!
- Funbag Fantasy 2 is nearly out of beta!
- We're finalizing the last handful of images for Beat Angel Escalayer R!
- Fxxx Me Royally! is 100% translated and 60% edited!
- Secret Project #1 is 100% translated and 100% edited! Image editing is progressing smoothly!
- Imouto Paradise 3, AKA Secret Project #2, is out of beta and the team is now finalizing the release build!
- WanNyan, AKA Secret Project #3, is 100% translated and 60% edited!
- Rance 01, AKA Secret Project #4, is 100% translated!
- Rance 02 is now 50% translated!
- Nyan Cafe, AKA Secret Project #5, is 100% translated and edited! Image editing is progressing smoothly!
- Eternal Torment, AKA Secret Project #6, is 80% translated and 50% edited!
- Funbag Fantasy Sideboob Story 2, AKA Secret Project #7, is 100% translated and edited! The image editing is also complete, and will be moving along to our programmer!
- Secret Project #8 is 100% translated and 55% edited!
- New to our Secret Project lineup, Secret Project #9 is 77% translated!
I kinda doubt that MangaGamer has even considered submitting it to Steam.Maggot Baits probably isn't coming to Steam... huh?
While having the game assets in 1080p native is highly preferable, I think as long as there is a proper integer scaling the game can still look good. Unless of course, they subscribe to Squeenix's favourite go-to method in providing "HD resolution": apply unremoveable bilinear filtering everywhere and hope the audience won't notice.Saya on Steam... What a time to be alive.
960p resolution is kinda... ugh, tbh. Gonna look awful on my 4K TV.
it's already out on MG so should unlock on Steam today, however MG payments are busted so you have send them an email and arrange a paypal transaction if you want to buy games on their store it seems (also there's a typo in there's it's obviously email@example.com)Higurashi chapter 7 is today yeah?
How does this root letter release differ from the other title on Steam? Sequel?Minagoroshi is out now on Steam and GOG:
And Root Letter Last Answer just got a Steam page:
How does this root letter release differ from the other title on Steam? Sequel?
Compared to the original release, this version includes gameplay enhancements, a new epilogue, and a completely new live-action mode that replaces Taro Minoboshi’s beautiful illustrations with real actors.
Last Answer is apparently a live-action remake of the original Root Letter, with additional after stories and other features:How does this root letter release differ from the other title on Steam? Sequel?
Root Letter: Last Answer is the latest entry in the Root Letter series, which has sold more than 400,000 copies worldwide. With the implementation of a live-action “Drama Mode” featuring a cast of 90 actors, the human drama woven within the beautiful townscape of Shimane Prefecture is told with greater realism. It becomes an immersive story experience similar to watching a TV drama.
Additionally, Root Letter: Last Answer includes four “Resolution” scenarios set after the story of the original game. Enjoy the unexpected conclusion to the mysterious drama spun by protagonist Max and pen pal Aya Fumino’s correspondence.
Regarding endings (similar level of spoilers as above):So, I've finished all the main routes of Muv-Luv Unlimited. [...]
This game is filled with amazing music.If you like those, check out the funk in "Best" and the tribal drums in "Impatience".
Just FYI, Alternative explains why the suits are made this way, and why Takeru has a different suit.Oh, I hated the flesh-coloured plug suits for the women while Takeru's look normal. Who the fuck thought that was a good design and shame on whoever OK'd the concept. Thankfully the art is edited for the western release. Still doesn't make it OK
Take note that the game is currently only available in Japanese.Did anyone here play White Album 2?
I'm thinking of starting it soon. Is it good? What should I expect from it?
I watched few episodes of the anime and from what I understood when I searched about visual novel is that the anime covers only the introductory Chapter. Is watching the anime enough to just go directly to the closing chapter?
What a bummer. And there is not even a plan to localize it too! This is kind of ridiculous. Most of the Vns that are being localized now are mediocre Moege or Eroges. Why isn't anyone trying to localize it?Just FYI, Alternative explains why the suits are made this way, and why Takeru has a different suit.
Take note that the game is currently only available in Japanese.
The 'translation' patch out there is just MTL, not worth the time.
Aquaplus just doesn't seem to be interested in licensing the game.What a bummer. And there is not even a plan to localize it too! This is kind of ridiculous. Most of the Vns that are being localized now are mediocre Moege or Eroges. Why isn't anyone trying to localize it?
2.5 years in translation.
Twice the length of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and equivalent to the first three volumes of A Song of Ice and Fire, Da Capo 3 R is easily the longest game MangaGamer has ever undertaken to date.
It is far from perfect, though. In addition to weak plots typical of moege, and a few scenes that simply fall flat, one of the two love triangles involve the protagonist's adopted sister and his biological sister, with the biological sister route being particularly weak in addition to (and due to them not properly dealing with) the questionable premise.