Community The Visual Novel Council | All Choices Lead To Here

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
The physical remastered Saya no Uta is up for pre-order on J-List:

Thankfully I already own the original, so I don't need to spend money on it ..

This is a limited physical edition release that comes with:
- The Saya no Uta Soundtrack on CD
Fuck.

「Echo」

漂う夢のまにまに
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Asagi on Steam huh. I'd buy it, zero fucks given.

Bring Koutetsu no Majo Annerose too.

It seems like Asagi will follow in the footsteps of ChuSingura, where the 1st episode is free-to-play and the rest are sold as DLC. There are already 4 episodes on the store for Asagi...
=============

Also there is this:

It says PC... No Steam page atm though, hopefully soon!

Last edited:

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
There's one thing in the Saya remaster I noticed that might be different even with the uncensored patch. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a CG image of the doctor with her arm limp from the axe while Koji was hallucinating in his ending?. Ending spoiler.
I checked and there is no CG or sprite in that scene in the original game.
She (or rather her axe-wounded corpose) is just described as sitting in his living room and chatting, but not actually shown; only Omi and Yoh have sprites, in the scene just before that.

Reactions: 「Echo」

ZKenir

Minamoto-no-Raikou gives me life
May 10, 2019
There's an interesting twitter thread about licensing in the VN market

It basically boils down to JP companies not always wanting to play ball unless they alrteady have a trusted business relationship and that's regardless of benefits offered because they're protective of their IPs.

uraizen

Competitively anti-competitive
Oct 7, 2018
I checked and there is no CG or sprite in that scene in the original game.
She (or rather her axe-wounded corpose) is just described as sitting in his living room and chatting, but not actually shown; only Omi and Yoh have sprites, in the scene just before that.
I must have been on some sort of high while reading that then.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
I must have been on some sort of high while reading that then.
The fact that you do see Yoh and Omi and the fact that there is a CG of Ryouko getting struck by an axe makes it feel like there should be a CG in that scene. I actually started by checking a Let's Play, to see if there was a CG, and the omission felt so out-of-place that I was left wondering if that Let's Player was playing with censored CGs on or something. Because of that, I ended up checked my own copy for the CG to make sure. So I can't blame you for making that mistake.

Reactions: Kvik

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
Hope this doesn't mean censoring/content changes.

Realistically it probably does though... Does Frontwing sell their VN's anywhere but Steam? :unsure:
It will that mean the game gets censored (on Steam), but FrontWing is no stranger to releasing censored games on Steam with a patch available on their own website.

EDIT: The first Loca Love game is an example of this.

Reactions: 「Echo」